Official Thor: the Movie Thread......Hammer Time = May 6th, 2011....First Review Pg. 5

Originally Posted by Andrew630

Originally Posted by rayray3thousand

Originally Posted by bwood056

Any one notice hawkeye? Dude that was in the pulley waiting to shoot Thor, while he was attempting to retrieve his hammer

I thought I was captain turbo nerd for noticing that lol... 
roll.gif
roll.gif

luckily I teach 8th grade and they were on it also
i thought it was pretty blatant...
Agreed.
His bow was actually a dark purple, so that was the hint he was Hawkeye. I thought that scene was handled well.

Originally Posted by bwood056

Any one notice hawkeye? Dude that was in the pulley waiting to shoot Thor, while he was attempting to retrieve his hammer

roll.gif
roll.gif

Agreed.
His bow was actually a dark purple, so that was the hint he was Hawkeye. I thought that scene was handled well.

Originally Posted by illmaticsoulchild

Got out of work early to see it in a theater that had digital projection.
To be honest, I'm a tad disappointed, but that's only because this was the comic book film that I thought would be the best out of the other releases this summer.

Anyways, 7/10.

Surprisingly, now I am hyped for X-Men: First Class.
wow im shocked to see alot of people didnt think this movie was good. i loved it. the theatre was packed on opening day. it was funny cuz usually were the only people staying around after the credits to see the last scene that marvel is known to roll during or after the credits. for thor the whole audience stuck around for the nick fury, loki, and dr. scene...lol

and about xmen first class, as soon as i saw the same dude who directed layer cake and kick %*@ was doing the directing for xmen i was sold. also the baconator is making a comeback staring in Super and now First Class lol

To be honest, I'm a tad disappointed, but that's only because this was the comic book film that I thought would be the best out of the other releases this summer.

Anyways, 7/10.

wow im shocked to see alot of people didnt think this movie was good. i loved it. the theatre was packed on opening day. it was funny cuz usually were the only people staying around after the credits to see the last scene that marvel is known to roll during or after the credits. for thor the whole audience stuck around for the nick fury, loki, and dr. scene...lol

and about xmen first class, as soon as i saw the same dude who directed layer cake and kick %*@ was doing the directing for xmen i was sold. also the baconator is making a comeback staring in Super and now First Class lol

Originally Posted by NobleKane

Anyways, 7/10.

roll.gif

Originally Posted by NobleKane

Anyways, 7/10.

roll.gif

Originally Posted by J Steezzz

laugh.gif
you can't please everyone

I thought it was the best Marvel film to date in terms of sticking to the OG material.

Cap looks like it's going to top it though.

Natalie
eek.gif
pimp.gif

The other girl wasn't too bad herself
devil.gif
yea after tittay phone pics of the girl from nora's playlist reached online i was definately checking for her in this film rather than natalie
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by J Steezzz

laugh.gif
you can't please everyone

I thought it was the best Marvel film to date in terms of sticking to the OG material.

Cap looks like it's going to top it though.

Natalie
eek.gif
pimp.gif

The other girl wasn't too bad herself
devil.gif
yea after tittay phone pics of the girl from nora's playlist reached online i was definately checking for her in this film rather than natalie
laugh.gif

Watched it last night, I liked it.  It was on par with the usual comic book movies.  I wanted to see more epic fight scenes though.  I always expect some sick fight scenes in these movies.  It's probably difficult to choreograph fight scenes that display their powers and also look good visually.  My favorite fight scenes from comic book movies are still from the Blade franchise (martial arts based & great weapons) and the fights from Xmen and Spiderman were good too.
I'd like to see Thor have a different look in The Avengers movie.  Shave his beard off, rock the helmet and sleeveless costume.  I wonder how Hawkeye's costume will look.  They'll probably use a lot of dark purple and mix it with black and modify his mask to look less cartoony.

Does anyone else think that Captain America looks more yoked than Thor?  Chris Evans looked like he was on the same workout plan as Hugh Jackman was.

Watched it last night, I liked it.  It was on par with the usual comic book movies.  I wanted to see more epic fight scenes though.  I always expect some sick fight scenes in these movies.  It's probably difficult to choreograph fight scenes that display their powers and also look good visually.  My favorite fight scenes from comic book movies are still from the Blade franchise (martial arts based & great weapons) and the fights from Xmen and Spiderman were good too.
I'd like to see Thor have a different look in The Avengers movie.  Shave his beard off, rock the helmet and sleeveless costume.  I wonder how Hawkeye's costume will look.  They'll probably use a lot of dark purple and mix it with black and modify his mask to look less cartoony.

Does anyone else think that Captain America looks more yoked than Thor?  Chris Evans looked like he was on the same workout plan as Hugh Jackman was.

Movie was bleh... the most unbelievable thing about the movie wasnt the special effects and aliens...but how the government reacted to when they find out Thor was an alien...

Movie was bleh... the most unbelievable thing about the movie wasnt the special effects and aliens...but how the government reacted to when they find out Thor was an alien...

Originally Posted by LiveMyReality

roll.gif
roll.gif

Agreed.
I thought it was pretty blatant as well. They even called him Barton on the radio 

Originally Posted by LiveMyReality

roll.gif
roll.gif

Agreed.
I thought it was pretty blatant as well. They even called him Barton on the radio 

Originally Posted by mrfantastic21

Was expecting better...3D was a waste of money.

The only movie I felt satisfied watching in 3D was Up.

IMO, if you really want a great movie experience, especially if you care about clarity of picture, Digital Projection > 3D.. It is basically going into a theater and watching a blu-ray on a giant HDTV.

And I'm not saying Thor was horrible, my expectations were just that much higher. The scenes in Asgard were awesome, but the ones in New Mexico really didn't resonate with me. Thor's story arc was solid, but I just didn't buy into the love story.

Originally Posted by mrfantastic21

Was expecting better...3D was a waste of money.

The only movie I felt satisfied watching in 3D was Up.

IMO, if you really want a great movie experience, especially if you care about clarity of picture, Digital Projection > 3D.. It is basically going into a theater and watching a blu-ray on a giant HDTV.

And I'm not saying Thor was horrible, my expectations were just that much higher. The scenes in Asgard were awesome, but the ones in New Mexico really didn't resonate with me. Thor's story arc was solid, but I just didn't buy into the love story.

As far as actors adaptations of superheros Thor may be second to Heath's Joker.

Bale does a good job as Batman minus the voice to it's a toss up between this actor for Thor and him.

For the movie, Marvel just doesn't make real good movies. My order IMO:

1. Spidey 1
2. Iron Man 1
3. Thor

Possibly Captain America and Avengers could be 1 and 2 by next year. But none of these touch what Nolan has done with his Batmans and is going to do with Rises and his help with Superman.

Bale does a good job as Batman minus the voice to it's a toss up between this actor for Thor and him.

1. Spidey 1
2. Iron Man 1
3. Thor

Possibly Captain America and Avengers could be 1 and 2 by next year. But none of these touch what Nolan has done with his Batmans and is going to do with Rises and his help with Superman.

Originally Posted by jbone2308

1. Spidey 1
2. Iron Man 1
3. Thor

correct me if I am wrong but isn't the spidey movie rights not owned by marvel?

1. Spidey 1
2. Iron Man 1
3. Thor

Originally Posted by theone218

1. Spidey 1
2. Iron Man 1
3. Thor

Sony has the rights to the Spider Man series and FOX has the rights to the X-Men series. Marvel didn't have anything to do with the making of the films from either series. Marvel does make good movies. When you don't have the rights to your own movies, you are praying that your properties are used properly.

You guys really overrate the Nolan Batman series. TDK was good but the first one was ok.

Back
Top Bottom