Official Thor: the Movie Thread......Hammer Time = May 6th, 2011....First Review Pg. 5

Hmm.. looks.. okay. Seems that even in 5 minutes they held a lot back but just gave enough glimpses to make it somewhat interesting. Here's the link for people who missed it..

pimp.gif
thanks for the reup

Originally Posted by FullMetal

This movie won't do well at all. Thor isn't popular enough and shouldn't have gotten his own movie.
Right, cause the mainstream public was chomping at the bit for an Iron Man movie?

Originally Posted by FullMetal

This movie won't do well at all. Thor isn't popular enough and shouldn't have gotten his own movie.
Right, cause the mainstream public was chomping at the bit for an Iron Man movie?

In terms of the Thor/Iron Man comparison, Iron Man had two things going for it. First off, just from a mainstream perspective, Iron Man just looked cool. Just checking out the trailer, he is flying through the air with F-22's and beating up guys to an AC/DC track, who wouldn't want to walk in a theater to see that? Second RDJ is a very well know commodity in Hollywood and was sure to garner even non-Comic Book fans.

With that said, I am sure Thor will do very well. It's got a lot of star power (albeit mostly from the supporting cast), and I'm sure that the advertising and hype surrounding it will propel the movie. The scenes in Asgard look really good too, but I'm not too sure about seeing the Infinity Gauntlet in this film. Too much, too soon IMO.

In terms of the Thor/Iron Man comparison, Iron Man had two things going for it. First off, just from a mainstream perspective, Iron Man just looked cool. Just checking out the trailer, he is flying through the air with F-22's and beating up guys to an AC/DC track, who wouldn't want to walk in a theater to see that? Second RDJ is a very well know commodity in Hollywood and was sure to garner even non-Comic Book fans.

With that said, I am sure Thor will do very well. It's got a lot of star power (albeit mostly from the supporting cast), and I'm sure that the advertising and hype surrounding it will propel the movie. The scenes in Asgard look really good too, but I'm not too sure about seeing the Infinity Gauntlet in this film. Too much, too soon IMO.

Wow im really amazed at how good this turned out.
Asgard looks AMAZING.
i cant wait to watch the battle with Thor and Destroyer.
Idris Elba looks a lil off as Heimdall.... maybe he will own the role and ill forget that he is Black lol
Sif looks 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

I think this is gonna be a major hit, and dont forget Cap America 2 months later.... Marvel going for the Win!!!!

Wow im really amazed at how good this turned out.
Asgard looks AMAZING.
i cant wait to watch the battle with Thor and Destroyer.
Idris Elba looks a lil off as Heimdall.... maybe he will own the role and ill forget that he is Black lol
Sif looks 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

I think this is gonna be a major hit, and dont forget Cap America 2 months later.... Marvel going for the Win!!!!

Back
Top Bottom