Official Thor: the Movie Thread......Hammer Time = May 6th, 2011....First Review Pg. 5

Originally Posted by DangerousG

Originally Posted by truestt

Movie was pretty enjoyable, but it felt empty. Definitely setting up for the Avengers..

> Really? I thought it had the most heart out of all the Marvel movies so far. Most of the relationships felt pretty well developed.

it was empty in some ways but folks may have like the whole realistic ending when he may/may not have gotten the girl in all the other movies. 
should have made it little longer but it was only a introductory film to avengers anyway 

One of my favorite movies this year so far..i really enjoyed it..my girl even liked it too which was cool

I'm not too familiar with the Thor comic book series..but I do know a little bit of stuff..i liked the introductory scenes it provided the audience with necessary background information..and the action was great as well..

Overall, great movie..

Natalie Portman is my new favorite chick in Hollywood..she's
devil.gif

Is this Cosmic Cube, important and why? What was Loki doing at the end? Was he talking through that dude who worked with Natalie?

Help me out people with the answers to those questions..

One of my favorite movies this year so far..i really enjoyed it..my girl even liked it too which was cool

I'm not too familiar with the Thor comic book series..but I do know a little bit of stuff..i liked the introductory scenes it provided the audience with necessary background information..and the action was great as well..

Overall, great movie..

Natalie Portman is my new favorite chick in Hollywood..she's
devil.gif

Is this Cosmic Cube, important and why? What was Loki doing at the end? Was he talking through that dude who worked with Natalie?

Help me out people with the answers to those questions..

Not TOO familiar with the source material. Thor felt like Matrix Reloaded. As a stand alone, eh.... but it is GREAT glue as far as sewing togethert he Avenger's movie and linking Thor into the marvel uni. It WILL grow on me. It's just not at all bad..

Not TOO familiar with the source material. Thor felt like Matrix Reloaded. As a stand alone, eh.... but it is GREAT glue as far as sewing togethert he Avenger's movie and linking Thor into the marvel uni. It WILL grow on me. It's just not at all bad..

I think they nailed it. It's like they're making these movies to hype you up for the avengers, and it's working. Captain America looks good too, although the skinny body and big head thing still looks a little off
laugh.gif

I'd give the movie 8.5/10

I think they nailed it. It's like they're making these movies to hype you up for the avengers, and it's working. Captain America looks good too, although the skinny body and big head thing still looks a little off
laugh.gif

I'd give the movie 8.5/10

Opening weekend is estimated at $66mil, that feels a bit disappointing, I thought it would at least match Fast Fives first weekend numbers.

Opening weekend is estimated at $66mil, that feels a bit disappointing, I thought it would at least match Fast Fives first weekend numbers.

Originally Posted by RFX45

Thor doesn't have as much mass appeal as FF. It will probably have better legs than it and still finish with a higher gross though.

Thor doesn't have as much mass appeal as FF. It will probably have better legs than it and still finish with a higher gross though.

Yeah, I think I read in the Fast 5 thread that the movie actually beat Thor head to head in the places they opened together.  Plus, just look at the difference in thread pages
laugh.gif

Yeah, I think I read in the Fast 5 thread that the movie actually beat Thor head to head in the places they opened together.  Plus, just look at the difference in thread pages
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by omgitswes

See in the movie that junk did not look like a cube to me.
It looked like a phone or something. hell it was about 2 in the morning, maybe I was just tired.
I clearly see it now though

This. 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by omgitswes

See in the movie that junk did not look like a cube to me.
It looked like a phone or something. hell it was about 2 in the morning, maybe I was just tired.
I clearly see it now though

This. 
laugh.gif

I thought the movie was great. I enjoyed it and cant wait for Cap. Green Lantern looks like crap.

I thought the movie was great. I enjoyed it and cant wait for Cap. Green Lantern looks like crap.

The rainbow bridge was cool. Movie was pretty weak tho. Marvel films stay being corny and lacking. Just seemed so light hearted and forced like a made for tv type of movie.

The rainbow bridge was cool. Movie was pretty weak tho. Marvel films stay being corny and lacking. Just seemed so light hearted and forced like a made for tv type of movie.

Went with my Girl and I think the noise was scary to the baby she was kicking so hard I could see it
eek.gif

Movie was good gave enough story and background to lead to the big one had a few funny moments too which was a plus

See you guys in the cap thread
laugh.gif

Went with my Girl and I think the noise was scary to the baby she was kicking so hard I could see it
eek.gif

Movie was good gave enough story and background to lead to the big one had a few funny moments too which was a plus

See you guys in the cap thread
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom