**Official "The Last Of Us" a PS3 exclusive thread**

Any trophy hunters, there is a way to bypass a playthrough. I played on Normal and beat it. You should only be able to play on Normal+, but if you play the first chapter, quit out, then start a new game on Survivor, you can start the play through with all your pill upgrades and weapon upgrades.

That said, normal to survivor is not easy. :x

Online for about 3 hours now if anyone is runnin.

What is the ending part of chapter 1?
I will try it once you confirm this.

Play through the part as Sarah, then as Joel. Skip videos and once you are in control of Joel again with Tess, you'll be good to quit out.

One thing, there arent a ton of materials in survivor, so you may have to replay a third time through chapter select to get enough items to upgrade guns and joel's abilities. However, people on PS3 trophies dot org have confirmed this should net you the difficulty trophies in 2 playthroughs.

So, what's the difference in difficulty? Less items, more infected, harder to kill infected?

So, what's the difference in difficulty? Less items, more infected, harder to kill infected?

I havent come across more infected, but harder to kill for sure, and they seem to notice you alot easier, but maybe thats just me.

Also, no listen mode. At all.

Any trophy hunters, there is a way to bypass a playthrough. I played on Normal and beat it. You should only be able to play on Normal+, but if you play the first chapter, quit out, then start a new game on Survivor, you can start the play through with all your pill upgrades and weapon upgrades.

That said, normal to survivor is not easy. :x

Online for about 3 hours now if anyone is runnin.
This is what I'm doing now. Survivor is no joke :smh:

My first playthrough on Normal took about 18+ hours to complete because I was playing very stealthily and was looking everywhere for items.

By the time I got to the end of the hospital, I had max ammunition for all my weapons because of stealth. I think I only used the smoke bomb once the entire game :lol:

Play through the part as Sarah, then as Joel. Skip videos and once you are in control of Joel again with Tess, you'll be good to quit out.

One thing, there arent a ton of materials in survivor, so you may have to replay a third time through chapter select to get enough items to upgrade guns and joel's abilities. However, people on PS3 trophies dot org have confirmed this should net you the difficulty trophies in 2 playthroughs.
don't you mean three playthroughs? After unlocking survivor Via shortcut, you'll still need to finish survivor+ to unlock ALL the difficulty trophies. Didn't specify whether the shortcut will unlock survivor or survivor plus. Either way, I'll be trying it tomorrow. Gonna try to plat this game.

Beautiful game, the ending left much to be desired, tho. I wonder if they'll come out with a sequel for the PS4, I certainly hope so. Oh and the hotel basement had me ******** bricks, lmaooo. Only part I died multiple times in.

Last edited:
Love everything about this game! Storyline had me :wow:

Definitely had the most trouble in the Hotel Basement and the Hospital. Those damn Assault Rifles had me and thats when I realized I had to break out the smoke bombs...

10/10

don't you mean three playthroughs? After unlocking survivor Via shortcut, you'll still need to finish survivor+ to unlock ALL the difficulty trophies. Didn't specify whether the shortcut will unlock survivor or survivor plus. Either way, I'll be trying it tomorrow. Gonna try to plat this game.

Beautiful game, the ending left much to be desired, tho. I wonder if they'll come out with a sequel for the PS4, I certainly hope so. Oh and the hotel basement had me ******** bricks, lmaooo. Only part I died multiple times in.

It should be Survivor+, as all my stuff carried over.

I havent come across more infected, but harder to kill for sure, and they seem to notice you alot easier, but maybe thats just me.

Also, no listen mode. At all.

crap, I couldn't even imagine playing the game with no listen mode, its damn near trial and error at that point

crap, I couldn't even imagine playing the game with no listen mode, its damn near trial and error at that point
I thought the same but it makes the game so much better playing w/o listen mode. You're on edge every time you cross a corner or open a door.

I just beat the game on survivor. It was more satisfying playing through survivor than hard. :pimp:
Now on to survivor +. :lol:

New info from Naughty Dog clarifying the reports that they were done with Ellie and Joel.

http://www.playstationlifestyle.net...el-and-ellie-is-complete-not-continuing-that/

Basically they meant that they were done with the Joel/Ellie Fireflies - Cure story. Said they were open to doing more stories with them but didn't want to do something similar to the first game. Also said that there are people in the studio who want to do more with Ellie and Joel :smokin :smokin

Great news, definitely didn't want to move on from these characters.

New info from Naughty Dog clarifying the reports that they were done with Ellie and Joel.

http://www.playstationlifestyle.net...el-and-ellie-is-complete-not-continuing-that/

Basically they meant that they were done with the Joel/Ellie Fireflies - Cure story. Said they were open to doing more stories with them but didn't want to do something similar to the first game. Also said that there are people in the studio who want to do more with Ellie and Joel :smokin :smokin

Great news, definitely didn't want to move on from these characters.
Repped
Damn now I have a reason to buy a ps4 lol

Got to week 12, day 7 with Hunter on MP. Took forever (84 matches played)

Not overly difficult. Just have to pay attention.

- Save easy missions for the last few weeks. Spotting missions and the 1st weapon ones are the easiest.

- Always make sure to choose an easy mission when you have a chance of 100% wipeout.

- Watch the rooms. Alot of people still just getting into this game. You come across 4 level 40's, I'd bail before the match begins.

- I always space out waiting for matches to start, but make sure to pay attention so you can choose a booster is you need one.

- Try not to string more than 2 bad games together. Especially during an attack (100% potential threat)

Wh
which parts of the game gave you the most trouble on survivor? Post in spoiler pls.
Let's see...
in no particular order...

1. Office building with the infected. (they are much more responsive in survivor)
  2. The part where ellie is covering you with a sniper rifle ( the hunters were stupid hard for some reason :lol:)
  3. The sniper part in the suburbs (One hit kills from the sniper even with full health. :smh: )
  4. Hotel basement (i got lucky and it glitched for me, but that will be hard)
  5. Leading the hunters away from Joel after he gets injured (They nearly one shotted me every time i got spotted)
  6. The hospital at the end (if the soldiers get a whiff of you, you might as well restart encounter. :lol:)

My real problem in survivor mode was the lack of resources (for me at least). I swear I went through about half the game and could never get enough alcohol to make a med pack. I had to rely on Ellie to occasionally find one for me. :lol: :smh:
I was always low on ammo when I needed it, and i never had enough to craft what I needed, when I needed it You will have to really watch what you craft and when you use those items.
Also, in survivor items dont have glowing indicators so you will overlook a lot of things if you dont pay attention.

Survivor looks to be a real challenge, my body is ready for the no listen mode. Anyone looking to hop on multiplayer tonight? I'm trying to get the two fireflies and hunter trophies for MP. Send me an inv: ning726.

Man I did the hotel basement part baked and it was a nerve racking experience. Couldn't find the door so I ended up fighting everything in there.

Back
Top Bottom