***Official Tattoo Thread: Inked-4-Life Vol.2***

Quick question for those who can help.

I'll be in NY getting a sleeve done by a guest artist for 3 days straight in October

For the healing process, should I just go back home (3 hr drive back home) and rest or can I stay in NY and explore for a few days?

I dont want to risk getting my tattoo infected so im just wondering. I do plan on wearing a baggy hoodie when I go out and properly washing the tattoo at the hotel.

Probably best to wrap it when you head out exploring.

However if you're having long sessions on back to back days you will probably feel pretty beat up after day 2 (Unless you have serious pain tolerance)

You done this type of sitting before??

It's been hot AF and humid in NY. You'll be suffering in a hoody.

This will be in October

Probably best to wrap it when you head out exploring.

However if you're having long sessions on back to back days you will probably feel pretty beat up after day 2 (Unless you have serious pain tolerance)

You done this type of sitting before??

Na but I'll have to tough it out.

Quick question for those who can help.

I'll be in NY getting a sleeve done by a guest artist for 3 days straight in October

For the healing process, should I just go back home (3 hr drive back home) and rest or can I stay in NY and explore for a few days?

I dont want to risk getting my tattoo infected so im just wondering. I do plan on wearing a baggy hoodie when I go out and properly washing the tattoo at the hotel.

Ask the artist if he can put tegaderm on it after the final session. Since it’s back to back days you can’t get the tegaderm applied after each session. It heals way quicker and smoother with tegaderm. Makes it easy to keep clean too.

You'll be fine. Just don't go swimming, work out nor sit in the sun and expose the tattoo. Other than that, you should be fine to do whatever you want.

Reactions: ...
I regret getting cheap work in my teens. Now that i got the funds i get grade A stuff. Got a cheap lil japanese style sleeve i plan on going the full black half sleeve to cover as mentioned above.ive been checkning it for a wile nowand even if arm was free i would proly still get it done. I actually like it. Anyone has any of that done yet?

social justice warriors are gonna claim this is black face light

Man, the tattoo bug got me! It’s been almost 5 years since my last piece and I think I’m going for a hand piece.

I’m lucky to be in a company where tattoos at work are pretty normal and i have the option to wfh indefinitely anyway. Been toying with this idea for the last 2 years.

I'm booked for a session in December. Tryna get as much of my forearm covered as possible during.

Forgot to post. Got some praying hands on the back of my neck last month. Really want to finish my japanese sleeve. From elbow up. But still undecided on what to do. Get one full piece or a couple/few small pieces
E79FF60E-5E14-4D2E-B52D-EBBDB17275D6.jpeg

Screenshot_20210428-113834_YouTube.jpg

Anyone know what the bottom piece is called on his forearm?
I know the top piece is the atlas.

Looking to get something similar

Make sure you wraps your arm up and you should be good. You probably can't wash it until the next morning anyway. Just make sure you don't expose it to the sun.

I thought things like pain killers would act as a blood thinner and make it worse, if not I might give it a go. The last set of line work on my arm had me tapping out.

Here's a video of my sleeve from this past March. Took 5 sessions, 1 session every 4 weeks. Started the process in November 2020 and finished March 2021. Each session was on average 4.5hrs long. Only took only 1 break each session, which lasted 5 mins. This was not cheap 🤣

Last edited:
Edibles and cereal milk got me through my last session. Idk if my pain tolerance lowered bc I’m getting older but whew it was pretty painful.

Back
Top Bottom