***Official Tattoo Thread: Inked-4-Life Vol.2***

Think I'm spoiled. I used to get Steve Butcher & Matt Jordan for $1,000 a day. No tip required. No idea how much Steve charges now, but he's in Southern Cali so I imagine through the roof. His profile has also shot through the roof too.

is that for 8 hours? That’s a pretty good deal, way cheaper than most decent artists in my area.

Cetaphil gentle skin cleanser is what I use to clean it , it’s like a really light unscented soap, def wouldn’t recommend using a harsher soap like dial or anything like that, even unscented it’s too strong.
Then use aquafor or something similar twice a day on it,, leave it for 10 min then dab it off with paper towel, in the morning after the first wash and wash it again at night and reapply before bed.

They sell a travel version of the cetaphil soap

My last tats are pretty much healed and I said I wasn’t gonna get anymore, but I’m craving more ink lol

EVERY. SINGLE. *******. TIME

:lol: :lol:

"man i'm done with this. this **** hella hurt" -me

also me a year later:

How-Does-Tattoo-Pain-Feel.jpg

is that for 8 hours? That’s a pretty good deal, way cheaper than most decent artists in my area.
Anywhere around 7-8 hours. And this was back when Steve was still in NZ so I guess you got to adjust for that. I e-mailed Jess Yen and he charged $300 an hour. This was back in 2016, probably higher now. Like you are probably my favorite artist but god damn you gotta be a tech CEO to get large scale work from him

EVERY. SINGLE. ****ING. TIME

:lol: :lol:

"man i'm done with this. this **** hella hurt" -me

also me a year later:

How-Does-Tattoo-Pain-Feel.jpg
Bro as soon as I get my latest stimmy check, it coincided with getting the vax and things starting to get back to normal. I was like "yeaaahhhhh im getting more ink"

Booked an appointment with Tom Kray over at Inked NYC. Big fan of his work. Getting my inner left bicep. 4 hour piece, RIP ME

Screenshot_20210428-113834_YouTube.jpg

Anyone know what the bottom piece is called on his forearm?
I know the top piece is the atlas.

Looking to get something similar

Just got another 2 1/2 hrs of blackout work done today..Got about 12 hrs worth so far..The healing process is so bad for this kinda work..Can't wait to get this arm finished so I can start working on my white/blue/purple sleeve..

Just got another 2 1/2 hrs of blackout work done today..Got about 12 hrs worth so far..The healing process is so bad for this kinda work..Can't wait to get this arm finished so I can start working on my white/blue/purple sleeve..
I wanna see. I want to get it done! How is the pain?

I wanna see. I want to get it done! How is the pain?
Pain isn’t bad at all. Hurts just like all the stuff I’m covering up originally hurt. Inner wrist is tender but other than that’s it’s all pretty easy to get done. The healing on the other hand is a *****. I rarely scab up and this stuff scabs so bad and then cracks open. I usually am never still dealing with healing after 7-8 days and this stuff is a 2 week minimum process..

My artist canceled in me cause hes had issues with his visa and coming to the US.

I no longer have the energy to look for a other artist lol.

Danlmn this guy's pretty dope

This guy too

Last edited:
Screenshot_20210511-014349_Instagram.jpg

Screenshot_20210511-013036_Instagram.jpg

Screenshot_20210511-013048_Instagram.jpg

Screenshot_20210511-012831_Instagram.jpg

Screenshot_20210511-012823_Instagram.jpg

Screenshot_20210511-012813_Instagram.jpg

so I been looking for a new artist and came across this guy. Thinking about getting a half sleeve done by him but I just wanted opinions from others on his line work.

I do have a bad feeling though that these won't age too well.

Thoughts?

Looks solid. The detail lines tend to fade in as one but it won't totally destroy the tattoo. Just look at the one post with the rose on his wrist. They tend to look like that in the long run.

Finally got on the books with this dude in Sept. Have to fly out to Texas but I dont mind.

I inquired about a sleeve (outer arm only) and im booked for 2 full days back to back.

Im under the assumption we can finish the sleeve in those 2 full days.

Hey guys. I currently have tattoos on my chest and 1/4 sleeve on left upper arm and looking to add full sleeve to my left arm that already has 1/4 sleeve. I think we all know there is Jun Cha and then there is everybody else. I am looking for a good talent value everybody else. Will be doing art piece/greek mythology, statue, etc...I am based in Illinois and Florida but would be willing to travel but not to Miami, NYC or LA. Looking for $1000-$1500/day. For instance, I looked at Dark Ages above and I would be ok with Franscisco Sanchez and Clay Rodriguez.

1. Roughly, how much will outside arm only full sleeve(on arm that has upper 1/4 already tatted) cost? How many hours?
2. Clay charges $2000/day. How many hours is /day? Is this negotiable at all? I don't really want to piss them off by asking them.
3. If it takes 18 hours, possible to do 6 hours per day? or should I do 6 hours, then let it heal, then 6 hours, etc...make it 3 trips? I did my chest 8 hours per day for 3 days in a row and I almost died. I will never make that mistake again.
4. Pain, how bad should I expect it to be?

Would really appreciate any comments you have. Thank you.

Quick question for those who can help.

I'll be in NY getting a sleeve done by a guest artist for 3 days straight in October

For the healing process, should I just go back home (3 hr drive back home) and rest or can I stay in NY and explore for a few days?

I dont want to risk getting my tattoo infected so im just wondering. I do plan on wearing a baggy hoodie when I go out and properly washing the tattoo at the hotel.

Back
Top Bottom