:::[Official] [SUPER BOWL XLVII] San Francisco 49ers. vs. Baltimore Ravens @ Mercedez-Benz Superdome

Sorry, I would never put Terrel Owens in the same league as Moss. Look at who was throwing to Moss during his early years - Culpepper, who might be one of the most overrated QBs in the league. Moss and Carter made him look very good in Minnesota. I don't argue with Rice. He's #1. But after that, Moss has a legitimate claim. I take him over Steve Largent, Owens, Carter, Tim Brown or Marvin Harrison (who had Manning throwing to him).
Culpepper was a decent QB. What happen to Moss all those year in Oakland? No QB, no stats. people thought his career was over. Then Moss is traded to NE and Brady help stamped his ticket to Canton. Without the New England years, Moss would probably be a borderline hall of fame player. Not a first ballot like he is today.
TO was more consistent, but he did have a QB every where he was playing.
His problem in Oakland was injuries slowing him down. And Moss' best years were in Minnesota, not NE. He would still be HOF'er regardless of the NE years. Sounds like you're either a victim of the recency effect or just started getting into football.

Moss revived Cunningham's and George's NFL careers, even if only for a year, bolstered the load for Culpepper and made Matt Cassel a millionaire.

That's all I wanted to say on the issue.
and lets not forget moss did get a 1000 yd year on those awful oakland teams 

Ive always been a Moss fan. Since the Vikings days, been following football for almost 20 years now. In terms of pure talent, he is possibly the best of all time. His immaturity, at times poor work ethic is what has slightly hindered him. I do feel if he had Jerry Rice work ethic, he couldve been the GOAT.

At the rate Calvin Johnson is going, he could be better than both Moss and Rice when his career is over.

In terms of statistic, I doubt he catches Rice in any category. Probably passes Moss in Catches, and YDs, doubt it for TDs.

Larry Fitzgerald would like to join this WR discussion.

Calvin Johnson will hush alll that bickering when all is said and done

He got the speed and leaping ability of Moss

The Strength and size and aggressiveness of TO

The hands of Cris Carter

With the Attitude and Professionalism of Jerry Rice

The better the Lions become as a team, the more Calvin's numbers will decrease.

It's true. They depend on him too much, way too one dimensional. Especially because their defense was garbage. 0 running game and help on offense.

Broyles was dope as a #2 but he got Injured.

If they fix their defensive issues, add some more play makers, and become a more
Balanced team (which they have to do if they wanna win)... Calvin isn't going to be producing anything close to what he did this last year. No shot at catching Jerry.

Last edited:
Calvin Johnson will hush alll that bickering when all is said and done

He got the speed and leaping ability of Moss

The Strength and size and aggressiveness of TO

The hands of Cris Carter

With the Attitude and Professionalism of Jerry Rice

:lol: So your just gonna bring up the best aspects of all the great WRs and say Calvin has em all? Cris Carter has the best hands of all time and Calvin doesnt even have the best hands in todays NFL. The hands of Cris Carter...LOL

Last edited:
Larry Fitzgerald would like to join this WR discussion.

He damn well should. Give this guy a QB and he's a first ballot hall of famer if he already isn't. And get him out of the NFC West. I hate having to deal with this guy. :lol: Calvin can easily destroy Moss's records. Let's see how he does, if he has the longevity of Jerry then maybe just maybe he can be up there with Jerry.

:lol: So your just gonna bring up the best aspects of all the great WRs and say Calvin has em all? Cris Carter has the best hands of all time and Calvin doesnt even have the best hands in todays NFL. The hands of Cris Carter...LOL

was gonna say the same thing :rofl:

Jerry Rice said something similar this week when asked about Randy he brought up Calvin and said he is a mix of all the greats in one

Ive always been a Moss fan. Since the Vikings days, been following football for almost 20 years now. In terms of pure talent, he is possibly the best of all time. His immaturity, at times poor work ethic is what has slightly hindered him. I do feel if he had Jerry Rice work ethic, he couldve been the GOAT.

At the rate Calvin Johnson is going, he could be better than both Moss and Rice when his career is over.

I agree. Idk, Megatron has a long way to go before reaching the GOAT, but he is on that path. I think he would be better if he was on another team, I don't think the Lions will ever break that bad team mold.

Moss' PE game was SERIOUS :smh: :smh:

I agree that Calvin Johnson will no doubt be high on that all time WR list when its all said & done.

I agree. Idk, Megatron has a long way to go before reaching the GOAT, but he is on that path. I think he would be better if he was on another team, I don't think the Lions will ever break that bad team mold.

He is likely going to be a Lion for life, he got that mega deal last off season. He is big time impact player. Hes wont be leaving until his production drops. They'll need a more balance attack for him to get more TDs. This year he had 1900 yard receiving, with mostly double coverage the entire time. But only 5 TDs.

Rice's stats wont be touched, a receiver will need 1500 yards a year for 15 years to get that. its hard to be productive like that for 15 years straight.

Those road white uniforms for the Vikes :pimp:

Need to go back to those.

You know what? I just noticed that, smh lol. The old uni was better

Much better. So much so, that a store in the mall here was selling replica AP jerseys for 50% (about $70), but I passed because I'm hoping they change up the uni's like it was rumored. Great deal, but I'd rather pay full price for something better. The ones now are crap.

He is likely going to be a Lion for life, he got that mega deal last off season. He is big time impact player. Hes wont be leaving until his production drops. They'll need a more balance attack for him to get more TDs. This year he had 1900 yard receiving, with mostly double coverage the entire time. But only 5 TDs.

Rice's stats wont be touched, a receiver will need 1500 yards a year for 15 years to get that. its hard to be productive like that for 15 years straight.

Damn, I forgot about that monster deal they gave him. Yeah, he's good but when you put the numbers in perspective it makes you appreciate Jerry Rice even more. Not saying that Megatron isn't great, he is, and will be one of the GOATS, but Jerry Rice's numbers...:smh: ridiculous.

Those road white uniforms for the Vikes :pimp:

Need to go back to those.

You know what? I just noticed that, smh lol. The old uni was better

Much better. So much so, that a store in the mall here was selling replica AP jerseys for 50% (about $70), but I passed because I'm hoping they change up the uni's like it was rumored. Great deal, but I'd rather pay full price for something better. The ones now are crap.

I hope they do.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom