:::[Official] [SUPER BOWL XLVII] San Francisco 49ers. vs. Baltimore Ravens @ Mercedez-Benz Superdome

kaepernick is a helluva football player but dudes head is a size 7 and looks like he's always rocking a sz 8 fitted. can we get him the proper sized hat please.

So I'm watching NFL Live ..

And there's a guy in the back wearing a complete horse costume with a football helmet :lol:

ff6555f06a9711e28b9422000a1fbe38_7.jpg

Not sure why moss had to complain about his role

How you gonna complain about your role when you are in the damn super bowl! It's obviously working for the team

Not sure why moss had to complain about his role

How you gonna complain about your role when you are in the damn super bowl! It's obviously working for the team
Moss talked for damn near an hour, IN CONTEXT his comments sound nothing like how he is being made to sound. No wonder he hates talking to the media
mean.gif

[h1]Moss admits he doesn’t like his role, but not divisive about it[/h1]
Posted by Darin Gantt on January 29, 2013, 5:00 PM EST
350x-781.jpg
AP
We mentioned earlier today that 49ers wide receiver Randy Moss declared himself the best wideout in the history of the game.

You’ll likely see much more about him in the coming days, in many outlets, because he was so open and forthcoming and illuminating about many topics during his appearance at Media Day.

When Moss is on, he’s extremely interesting, he just chooses not to be on often.

But among the gems today was a candid admission that he didn’t particularly care for the way the 49ers used him this year.

In the past, it could have been a Keyshawn-level “Just Give Me the Damn Ball” routine, but Moss said it so matter-of-factly it was easy to miss.

“I don’t like my role; I don’t,” he said. “I like to be out there playing football. One thing that I’ve always had to really understand was being a decoy. It was put to me, Coach Dennis Green just said, ‘Even though the football is not in your hand, you’re still out there dictating how the defense is playing the offense.’ It took me awhile to really understand where he was coming from. Later on and now in my career, I understand that my presence out on the field, I don’t always have to touch the ball to be able to help the offense score touchdowns.

“Like I said, I don’t really like that, but it’s something that I’m used to. I have to grow to understand and grow to like it. I’ve always been a team player. I’ve never been about self. Anything that is going to push our team to victory and hopefully win a Super Bowl, I’m willing to do.”

No, that was Moss, who hasn’t always been accused to giving freely of himself for the greater good.

But 49ers offensive coordinator Greg Roman said Moss had been nothing but professional.

“He’s been great,” Roman said. “I think he’s a great team player, and a mentor for all the guys, really.”

His love of competition has never been in doubt. Moss joked about past arguments, even fights, he’s had with coaches and players. But his role with the 49ers, as much as he might not like it, remains a valuable one, as Roman insisted Moss could still “get behind a defense in a hurry.”

“When I hear people talk about how talented I am and how easy I make it look, I can honestly tell you people that it’s very hard work,” Moss said. “I work out five times a week. I put the work in and for me to be able to go out there and have results it something I am proud of. It’s not always the individual results that I’m proud of. For me to be able to talk to a Michael Crabtree or talk to a Frank Gore or Percy Harvin and for them to go out there and have a good game that week, that’s something I can be proud of. That’s just me giving back to the NFL.

“I’ve always said, I don’t like what the NFL does for me because I’m very blessed. My family is blessed. I’ve always been the type of person to know what I can do to make the League better. At this point in my career, if I’m able to be vocal, to share a little knowledge and also to go out there and play, if that’s what it takes to win a championship, then I’m willing to do that. I’ve always been that way.”
Maybe so, but he hasn’t been quite the way he was Tuesday too often, or the perception of his career would likely be very different

Last edited:
Moss has been great for the niners this season.

He has accepted his role and when he does come into a game, you can see how much of an impact he still is. His teammates speak well of him and honestly, I want my WR to think he is the best at what he does in the Super Bowl. Seeing how confident he is will pump up the team.

Keeping up with tradition I see :lol:
View media item 241543
And what's with Moss saying he's the greatest WR to ever do it? I'm a fan of his, but he needs to settle down with that.

DEFINITELY NOT THE GREATEST WR of ALL TIME. He is up there, top 5. but the GREATEST is Jerry Rice, without a doubt. In my opinion, Terrell Owens is better than Moss. More consistent through out career than Moss. But in terms of pure speed and vertical routes, Moss is the best.

Last edited:
Keeping up with tradition I see :lol:
View media item 241543
And what's with Moss saying he's the greatest WR to ever do it? I'm a fan of his, but he needs to settle down with that.

DEFINITELY NOT THE GREATEST WR of ALL TIME. He is up there, top 5. but the GREATEST is Jerry Rice, without a doubt. In my opinion, Terrell Owens is better than Moss. More consistent through out career than Moss. But in terms of pure speed and vertical routes, Moss is the best.

^ Oh, I agree. My issue was he said he thinks he's the greatest of all time, you cannot ignore Jerry Rice with that statement. Had he said #2 behind him, then I'd accept that and you can argue that. But to ignore #80 is insane. My personal feeling is that Randy Moss and T.O. could have been right there with Jerry, but at some point, their attitudes got to them and hampered their production.

So I finally heard the full audio of what Randy said, and... I mean... I have to say...

... he's still lost his ever-loving mind.
laugh.gif
 He's basing what he said on the weight of what he has meant to his teams, how much he contributed to them. For those that haven't heard it, he said he knows people are going to look at his numbers and stack them up with others (he HAD to have been talking about Jerry
laugh.gif
 ), but he's saying he meant more to his teams than Jerry did to his.

My personal feeling is that Randy Moss and T.O. could have been right there with Jerry, but at some point, their attitudes got to them and hampered their production.

At no point did TO's attitude hamper his production.

:lol: at Chris Culliver. Cmon maaaan. Believe whatever you want, but some things should be kept to yourself.

:lol: at Chris Culliver. Cmon maaaan. Believe whatever you want, but some things should be kept to yourself.

I don't do the gay guys man, I don't do that. No, we don't got no gay people on the team, they gotta get up out of here if they do.

Can't be with that sweet stuff. Nah ... can't be ... in the locker room man. Nah.
Culliver suggested that homosexual athletes keep their sexuality private until 10 years after they retire.

Last edited:
Welp this is gonna upset that very sweet fan base in SF :smh: :lol:

Don't these dudes get media training? :smh:

laugh.gif
at Chris Culliver. Cmon maaaan. Believe whatever you want, but some things should be kept to yourself.
Certain athletes shouldn't have access to a microphone or a twitter account.  Just stick to what you do on the field and leave it at that.

All that heat in those pics and then you got Randy with his orthopedic sandals

Last edited:
Welp this is gonna upset that very sweet fan base in SF :smh: :lol:

Don't these dudes get media training? :smh:

To say something like that, especially when you represent and play for a city that advocates that is unacceptable. You would think our coaches told our guys to watch what they say. :smh: Damn, imagine all the backlash now. This could be a distraction from here on out. Stupid.

I don't think it'll be a huge distraction because brother vs brother has been the main story.

But there will be a lot of folks doing this :smh:

Back
Top Bottom