OFFICIAL STOCK MARKET & ECONOMY THREAD VOL. SCHOOL'S OUT

Originally Posted by LiLcHiCo4LiFe

Usually there is a sell off the day after ex-dividend date. It is difficult to get out of a position at that time. You must hope that it gets bid up to sell on the ex-dividend date or you will have to ride it untill you break even or make some.
hmm i cant remember what i learned in accounting about this. it takes like 2-3 days for your info to be put into the list for the dividends. iforgot if its before or after the date.

You should start a position 2-3 days before ex-dividend date in order to be on record. You can sell the day of or any time after. There is no requirement forlength of ownership, only that you hold leading into the ex-dividend date.

You should start a position 2-3 days before ex-dividend date in order to be on record. You can sell the day of or any time after. There is no requirement for length of ownership, only that you hold leading into the ex-dividend date.
thats cool. i saw that some stocks had one time dividends +100%. i didnt even think it was possible to pay more in dividends than the actual pps.

btw setting alerts on scottrade is horrible. how do you do it

i just checked my etrade account and freaking TTM did so well! the fundamentals pretty good and they bought out jaguar and land rover. i had the chance to getin at under 8...... crap.

I really need to step my f/a game up. Especially since I'm on the look for stocks to hold long term.

I want LVS to dip so I can buy the crap out of it. I think this a great long term hold.

TTM: Charts look good. Had a very nice run. Resistance near $10.97. I'm not sure it'll break.

Looking at some charts over the weekend again. Markets have had a great run and now sit near resistance. Like I've said before, major resistance near 1006on the S&P. The inverted head and shoulders formation was confirmed when the neckline broke. We're still sitting in the rising wedge formation, whichis a bearish formation.

All IMO

I really need to step my f/a game up. Especially since I'm on the look for stocks to hold long term.

I want LVS to dip so I can buy the crap out of it. I think this a great long term hold.

TTM: Charts look good. Had a very nice run. Resistance near $10.97. I'm not sure it'll break.
i know. makes me want to change my major to accounting. im still a little sloppy on some parts of balance sheets and cash flows

lol this cash for clunkers program is a joke. they also used the program as a way of measuring the economy.

Originally Posted by andycrazn

lol this cash for clunkers program is a joke. they also used the program as a way of measuring the economy.

I agree. Wait till they run out of funds and we're going back to where we were.

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20603037&sid=aZQsGa9XbZGY

SAN FRANCISCO (MarketWatch) -- Ford Motor Co . is poised to report its first monthly sales gain in nearlytwo years because of the federal government's "Cash for Clunkers" program, according to a media report Sunday. Ford sales analyst George Pipassaid he wasn't sure if the sales bump would have occurred without the program, which offers incentives to buy new vehicles, that went into effect July 24,The Wall Street Journal reported in its online edition. The Journal said Pipasdeclined to provide specific sales figures, which are scheduled for release Monday.

I agree. Wait till they run out of funds and we're going back to where we were.

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20603037&sid=aZQsGa9XbZGY

SAN FRANCISCO (MarketWatch) -- Ford Motor Co . is poised to report its first monthly sales gain in nearly two years because of the federal government's "Cash for Clunkers" program, according to a media report Sunday. Ford sales analyst George Pipas said he wasn't sure if the sales bump would have occurred without the program, which offers incentives to buy new vehicles, that went into effect July 24, The Wall Street Journal reported in its online edition. The Journal said Pipas declined to provide specific sales figures, which are scheduled for release Monday.
ahhh short term gain, long term pain. hope ford did the smart thing and not increase production because of it. i seriously think theres a loopholefor the cash for clunkers program that business owners are taking advantage of or the funds wouldnt have drained so quickly. what i hate about the progranm isthey HAVE to junk good working cars to get the incentive

The Transportation Department had said this week that the money wasn't running out.

"When we get close, we will start alerting dealers so they don't get caught with a deal in the pipeline," said Rae Tyson, a department spokesman, in an interview July 28. "We're not going to leave them hanging. We're not going to run out of money in a couple days."

the whole freaking article is telling me that hyperinflation is likely to happen. im seeing price increases in my local supermarkets as well.

You should start a position 2-3 days before ex-dividend date in order to be on record. You can sell the day of or any time after. There is no requirement for length of ownership, only that you hold leading into the ex-dividend date.
thats cool. i saw that some stocks had one time dividends +100%. i didnt even think it was possible to pay more in dividends than the actual pps.

btw setting alerts on scottrade is horrible. how do you do it

i just checked my etrade account and freaking TTM did so well! the fundamentals pretty good and they bought out jaguar and land rover. i had the chance to get in at under 8...... crap.

i would like to know this also... i have managed to get my email confirmations, but not the mobile.

-J23C

pimp.gif

Originally Posted by CruThik3

hrrn pump and dump or the next cbis?
cant say. they are usually pump and dumps. maybe once the sale finalizes it would surge but who knows

Probably another pump and dump. Caught this near .04 earlier. Charts look good. $1K for few minutes work isnt bad at all.

lilchico did you get in on XHUA? im about to go in before it gets overbought

No, but I'm watching it. Resistance near .002. If it breaks, you're good.

lilchico did you get in on XHUA? im about to go in before it gets overbought

No, but I'm watching it. Resistance near .002. If it breaks, you're good.
i had trouble buying pennys. i dont get how your orders execute so fast. i wanted to get 50k but it ddidnt move

Do you guys have any good reads on Fibonacci Levels, pivot points, candlesticks patterns and trend lines?

Back
Top Bottom