OFFICIAL STOCK MARKET & ECONOMY THREAD VOL. SCHOOL'S OUT

Yeah, I meant fast. I don't even know why I wrote face haha. I mean 4 day decline...Goldman sets up lower expectations from 3.2 to 2.7, then we get 3.5%.Rinse, wash, repeat. It's getting old.

MOT has been treating me right.

Carl Icahn is that dude

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Looking at DELL closely.

Originally Posted by finnns2003

i haven't enjoyed many gains so please, no pullback
laugh.gif

Keep in mind a long term perspective and you'll be good. Thank god the market came back today, this past week had killed my earnings for the year. Justbought the 80 call for Chevron, hopefully it goes up tomorrow after earnings....

Originally Posted by LazyJ10

Quite simply put, GS rules the world, at least the US and at least in some capacity.

You read any Martin Armstrong?...he has a good way with words to describe the GS thing.

Originally Posted by Banks2Pierce

Originally Posted by LazyJ10

Quite simply put, GS rules the world, at least the US and at least in some capacity.

You read any Martin Armstrong?...he has a good way with words to describe the GS thing.
I haven't, but I'm interested. I'll look into his stuff, thanks.

And yesterdays false gains so far basically erased.

Originally Posted by nicefro

sold asfx at .0199

i saw your comment about trappin
laugh.gif
...sad to hear man, you are young,gotta stay tough...too many people have the short term mind on the market, and unless you are a day trader you can't have that state of mind.

FAZ and SKF are running...
ASFX and HTDS are keeping my portfolio green. MA feels like a roller coaster...i should sell, but it's one of the last "Longs" i have
ohwell.gif

shookONEZ wrote:
smh why is everyone trading penny stocks

penny stocks are the reason why I'm up 800% in my portfolio so far since May....Dont knock it till you try it.

If you know what you are doing and the companies you are dealing with, then there are very many opportunities to make serious $

-J23C

so if this is anything like last year, the markets may rally a bit early next week and then fall into complete chaos and collapse?

so if this is anything like last year, the markets may rally a bit early next week and then fall into complete chaos and collapse?
some dude predicted 11/6 to be the date.

Originally Posted by andycrazn

some dude predicted 11/6 to be the date.

There are some market experts that are claiming that high frequency trading and dark pools create significant problems for normal price action. These toolsused by traders will prevent a normally distributed downside and possibly dislocation as the selling increases. In short, a move to the downside will beviolent if anything. That said, there are a number of fundamental factors that embrace a move to the downside. The first being an oversold condition in thedollar:
u1my8.gif

The recent spike in the dollar may be a sign that there will be increased profit taking and possibly some closing of carry trades. If that happens, a shortsqueeze is possible. Anyone with half a brain should have noticed the dollar weaknesses' affect on dollar-denominated assets and you can be sure that anyupside in the dollar will force stocks down. That along with the end of quantitative easing (the Fed had it's last POMO purchase on Thursday), the recentincrease in bank failures (9 failed yesterday), the CIT bankruptcy possibility (which is becoming stronger), and the possibility that the Fed may start endingstimulus efforts will dampen any further continuation of the current trend. I'm watching for a breakout to the downside in the SPY P&F chart which iscurrently channel trading.

27x04jl.gif

Be wary of the following points in the market. The first chart shows volume at price for the last 50 days. Notice the amount of trades around the 103 level,that should be a significant point going forward. A bounce or breakthrough of that level will be important. Also notice in the second chart (which highlightsthe last 2 weeks of trades on SPY) that there is a lack of trades around the 107 level. Volume is distributed on both sides of 107 and it's the volumeweighted average price for this period. If the market can get back above 107, it's likely to trade in that 108-110 area.
2uzotvo.gif

xp0apk.jpg

Alright. I wanna get into stocks and investing and whatnot.

Problem is, i'm simple.
tired.gif

How do I go about learning everything? Any books I need to know? Websites?

Back
Top Bottom