OFFICIAL STOCK MARKET & ECONOMY THREAD VOL. SCHOOL'S OUT

Originally Posted by finnns2003

Originally Posted by jordan23collecta

Originally Posted by 757bred

Props for all the info in this thread. I've been contemplating getting in the market for a while, and missed out on some good opportunites because I was scared. This thread motivated me to jump in. I'm starting small (only $250) just to kinda learn the ropes a little bit. Are there any particular places everyone looks to for tips info? I've been reading on ivestopedia and few other places i've found......

I dont know about other trading websites, but I use Scottrade, and they have a MINIMUM limit of $500 to start trading. Meaning you have to have $500 in your account before you make your first trade.

good picks on CVM and NG, I missed out on them
frown.gif

-J23C
Sharebuilder is crap but they have no minimum from what I remember.

Thanks

Originally Posted by finnns2003

757bred wrote:

Props for all the info in this thread. I've been contemplating getting in the market for a while, and missed out on some good opportunites because I was
scared. This thread motivated me to jump in. I'm starting small (only $250) just to kinda learn the ropes a little bit. Are there any
particular places everyone looks to for tips info? I've been reading on ivestopedia and few other places i've found......

I dont know about other trading websites, but I use Scottrade, and they have a MINIMUM limit of $500 to start trading. Meaning you have to have $500 in your
account before you make your first trade.

good picks on CVM and NG, I missed out on them
frown.gif

-J23C
Sharebuilder is crap but they have no minimum from what I remember.

Open a Zecco account

DVAX needs to fill gap near 1.77, but it bounced off 20sma near 1.90. Daily is turning and it should fill gap and continue on its uptrend. Just make sure itdoesn't break lower trend line.

All IMO.

so long time no post...i just quit my job...took a mini vacation.

you know why?

ASFX. i hope some of you rode this and are still riding it. since it's a pinky, some of you probably didnt get the chance to buy...but to those that could,i hope you did.

^

you still see this to go up anymore? they are up 40% today

and congrats on quitting the job! i cant wait till i get to that point

-J23C

Edit** I remember I went to put a buy in on this when you first dropped it on the board. I was one of those that was not able to put a buy in becasue it wastrading on pink sheets
eyes.gif

lilchico we talked about xhau a while back when it was at around .002 now it doubled. you think it will reach .01 by next week?

^

you still see this to go up anymore? they are up 40% today

and congrats on quitting the job! i cant wait till i get to that point

-J23C

Edit** I remember I went to put a buy in on this when you first dropped it on the board. I was one of those that was not able to put a buy in becasue it was trading on pink sheets
eyes.gif

my friend who put me on this said there's a lot of insider trading going on here. i think we might be looking at a .018-.02 range pull-back, if itget's that low i will def get in...but i might get in before that. i think they are releasing Q3 financials soon, and that's probably why there's alot of buying going on.

^

right, you arent the only person that has told me about ASFX, but after you posted it I really looked into it..Then I went to buy and I could not.

How do I get around this? Call my broker? I have never had a problem buying pinks online before so I'm not sure.

-J23C

^

right, you arent the only person that has told me about ASFX, but after you posted it I really looked into it..Then I went to buy and I could not.

How do I get around this? Call my broker? I have never had a problem buying pinks online before so I'm not sure.

-J23C

which broker do you use? i heard a couple brokers not being able to sell or not getting access to shares for pinks. i think some of these are the lower tieredbrokers like scott trade. i would call in, but make sure the fees dont screw you. i made this mistake when i first started and didnt know phone trade fees weremore than internet trade fees.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by iEternalv

^

-J23C

which broker do you use? i heard a couple brokers not being able to sell or not getting access to shares for pinks. i think some of these are the lower tiered brokers like scott trade. i would call in, but make sure the fees dont screw you. i made this mistake when i first started and didnt know phone trade fees were more than internet trade fees.
laugh.gif
scottrade ftl. i guess im gonna access it with etrade then.

jordan23 the phone fee is around 30 bucks i think so think about it.

Originally Posted by andycrazn

Originally Posted by iEternalv

^

-J23C

which broker do you use? i heard a couple brokers not being able to sell or not getting access to shares for pinks. i think some of these are the lower tiered brokers like scott trade. i would call in, but make sure the fees dont screw you. i made this mistake when i first started and didnt know phone trade fees were more than internet trade fees.
laugh.gif
scottrade ftl. i guess im gonna access it with etrade then.

jordan23 the phone fee is around 30 bucks i think so think about it.

$30 is reasonable...i think TD Ameritrade was damn near $50 back in the day, dunno what it is now. all relative to how much you are putting in.

Anyone in here deal with call & put options? If so, any tips/advice from your personal experiences? I've been thinking of getting into this myself.

Originally Posted by MECKS

can someone help me out? am i doing okay? =\
anyone want to help me out? is my portfolio cool or? =\ i got rid of stryker i took the L stock is going nowhere

I made my own thread but i got no responses so ill just copy and paste it here
----

I know alot of you are investment savy and I was hoping you could share a little bit of info?

I am knowledgable regarding stocks and the method and research of investing in ETFs and M.Funds and of course Stocks - currently I use SHAREBUILDER- very badfor day trading because of the commision but it's my first brokerage firm and am making the transition to TRADEKING

but...

I feel Corporate Bond's will be a better match currently for my financial situation (basically giving me yeilds much higher than a savings account but safeIE well graded bonds)

How should I begin to purchase bonds? Which financial brokerage firm should I use? How exactly do they return you your funds with the newly added interest?

Please help?

IEternaly,

I use scottrade. The thing is that I have never had a problem trading pink sheets because like a lot of you guys on this board know I mainly stick to pennystocks. Thank you for your input though, it is always appreciated.

Andy,

There was one time I remember when I had to call to place an order for some reason, I told the broker that the website said to contact them about it, and hecharged me the $7 online fee instead of the $27 for his assistance...so i guess if you have to do this, make sure you tell them the website said to call, theymay give you the online price even though they have to place the order for you.

-J23C

Back
Top Bottom