OFFICIAL STOCK MARKET AND ECONOMY THREAD VOL. A NEW CHAPTER

Thoughts on MGNI? CNBC just reported and speculated a 500% potential play in 2021.
Pm me I’ll send a research dossier on it. Not a CML stock but the report is solid. I own a starter of 15 shares and would add more on weakness or a base being built. Customer concentration with Disney could be a problem so keep that in mind but love the thematic.

private company but good thread and worth keeping an eye

Last edited:
Hello gentlemen...
I'm new to the stock market game and I was hoping if any of you guys could recommend some videos or articles to watch/read for a beginner.
Tryna invest that $600 stimmy.
I'm eager to learn.
Thanks in advance :nthat: :nthat:

The William O’Neil book
Brian Shannon’s book
Read the first post
understand youre 6 months (at the least) late to the party so keep your expectations realistic and focus on solid companies with strong growth trends that are not terribly overvalued. 30x sales or less at this point.

Noob question. So 100% of the time I sell/buy using market orders.

Lets say I bought shares at $100. Currently, they are $120. If I want to sell my entire position, but only trigger the sale if it drops to $118, is that a limit sale, a stop sale, or a stop limit sale?

Noob question. So 100% of the time I sell/buy using market orders.

Lets say I bought shares at $100. Currently, they are $120. If I want to sell my entire position, but only trigger the sale if it drops to $118, is that a limit sale, a stop sale, or a stop limit sale?

what you're describing is a stop-sell/ stop-loss order................immediately converts it to a market order when price is reached

stop-limit sell.........you have to specify a stop price which triggers a limit-sell order that you also specify

Thoughts on MGNI? CNBC just reported and speculated a 500% potential play in 2021.

Laura Martin of Needham just said it's her #1 stock in 2021. Her words, 'it's the trade desk but 12 months behind'... she was bullish on FUBO, TTD & ROKU before they blew up.
My stock buddy put me on game and was super bullish, I got 300 shares @ 18.70. Safe to say I’m looking forward to 2021 :pimp:

Yall dropping bombs and I’m here with my 15 shares just chilling 😂

edit: there’s a common theme here that you can capitalize on: owners of first party data: pins roku mgni. Find the next one who benefits from this thematic and you have a double at least.

Last edited:
58AE8E94-C544-47BB-B4E1-907725F31B8B.jpeg

thoughts?
Seeing room here to 107, 101 potentially. Could bounce at 107. Tight stop. Not interested here unless we get a higher low and follow through day.

Private companies I would invest in: robinhood, rivian, quizlet, mercari, airtable
check out KHOTF if you like quizlet. GS had a decent write up on them. Growth numbers are decent, but small dollar wise.

Yall dropping bombs and I’m here with my 15 shares just chilling 😂

edit: there’s a common theme here that you can capitalize on: owners of first party data: pins roku mgni. Find the next one who benefits from this thematic and you have a double at least.

That’s literally what tech is all about - you own the product or you are the product

We see IDC placing a triple-digit 100%+ CAGR across major AR/VR categories over the next five years and a 43% CAGR over the next ten years.
Allied Market Research sees a combined CAGR of 63.8% through 2025.

AAPL, U, SNAP biggest benefactors of this trend :nerd: SNAP for AR ads, U for the software, AAPL for the distribution. Hit me if you want the full report.

I’d like to trim some of my big, short term gainers but I know I’ll get taxed heavy, at my marginal tax rate

so my options are- offset my short term gains with short term losses
- sell my gainers next year and figure it out
- sell now and pay taxes

Yeah?

I’d like to trim some of my big, short term gainers but I know I’ll get taxed heavy, at my marginal tax rate

so my options are- offset my short term gains with short term losses
- sell my gainers next year and figure it out
- sell now and pay taxes

Yeah?
Depends on how u feel bout ur gainers long term. If you like their prospects long term I say just hold not worth paying more in taxes

Back
Top Bottom