OFFICIAL STOCK MARKET AND ECONOMY THREAD VOL. A NEW CHAPTER

Check out Richard Chu’s write up on GDRX on twitter. Don’t understand how they bank either but 95% GM is ridiculous.

someone mentioned Palantir. Beth has an article on it

Check out Richard Chu’s write up on GDRX on twitter. Don’t understand how they bank either but 95% GM is ridiculous.

someone mentioned Palantir. Beth has an article on it

And they bought the telehealth company to do online prescriptions. It's obviously small and only counts to like 4% revenue but still a thing that can grow. They also have a subscription services and like they say its a win win win type company. Pharmacies win by selling more prescriptions, goodRX wins by taking a cut, actual pill manufacturers and distribution push more product out to pharmacies. And I seen that 95% margin and they say even if that's not sustainable, dropping to even 80-85% is still outstanding numbers. High retention rate from customers. Reviews on the app store 4.8/5 on over 700,000 reviews. And I think in the upper 90s for Glassdoor on working for the company/CEO. And 2 founders still actively in the company. I've been thinking bout maybe taking a few shares and seeing how it does over its next couple earnings reports. What'd you think bout it after reading that write-up?

I need to dive deeper into understanding their business, but GDRX does sound intriguing. Can this be a legitimate company or is it just GRPN/RetailMeNot for medicine? That’s my only concern.

thinking I’m going to add to my SQ position soon. Great article:
Ark kills it with their free research

I need to dive deeper into understanding their business, but GDRX does sound intriguing. Can this be a legitimate company or is it just GRPN/RetailMeNot for medicine? That’s my only concern.

thinking I’m going to add to my SQ position soon. Great article:
Ark kills it with their free research

Yah, I'm doing more research for sure but I'm with you, it's intriguing. Also with them selling prescriptions their selves with that telehealth company sounds interesting. But I also see it alot different then retailmenot, as far as EVERYONE (even with insurance) wants cheaper prescriptions and not everyone cares to use coupons for normal everyday goods like on retailmenot. Especially when you actually look up the prices they offer it's pretty significant. And like ballinsam23 ballinsam23 said, he uses it whenever he can for customers and when you have pharmacist doing that for customers that helps push things quite a bit. And since their commercials have a pharmacist doing exactly that in their commercials I'm sure it's a pretty common thing at pharmacies.
My only thing is.. the government.. does Trump win and actually get prescriptions prices cheap to make a company like this obsolete or even if Biden wins does Obama care get to it's original goal of also getting prescriptions prices low. But it's the government were talking about, so I doubt anything ever gets done, and if they do, I doubt legislation will move fast enough. So you might be able to make some decent money off this stock in the meantime.

Last edited:
Trump isn’t going to do **** for drug prices. He’s a windbag. I don’t think Biden would either.

looking to start into some AMD today and maybe nibble some DDOG. Looking to add to SQ as well.

here’s the thread I was talking about in case anyone can’t find it

Last edited:
Trump isn’t going to do **** for drug prices. He’s a windbag. I don’t think Biden would either.

looking to start into some AMD today and maybe nibble some DDOG. Looking to add to SQ as well.

Haha I agree.. and thanks for that. I read one on the fool (well really it was a podcast but I read the transcript) and they had alot if the same views.

Datadog has had a nice run up since August. You think it's gonna start running decent again? Seemed to kinda trade sideways for most the summer.

DDOG is flying after partnership news its fine we are getting to a new high
im glad i was able to catch some AMD and SQ on the dips last couple weeks hoping to add more on both

Problem with GoodRx is that no large retail chain pharmacy or independent (since they’ll be taking a huge loss) accepts their membership service coupons. Also, more often than not the insurance cost gives you a better price than the GoodRx coupon. It’s great for patients with no insurance though.

What’s your position?

I reached out to 2 other GSB guys who are in solar and they couldn’t believe this rise. What are the installation numbers? Gut says recession = flat at best?

Interesting set of bag holders - saw Morgan got out
Stanley just took some profits, no? I did the same.

Honestly, I would be hesitating to enter at this price point, but tough to exit with 3-8% gains weekly.......2 months ago $50 by year end would have been amazing for me, looking like $100 is realistic

Bought some DDOG, volume and follow through. Bought AMD. Added to OKTA, SQ, SNOW. Used all of my cash for now. Waiting on my retro check to add more money.

My NKLA call hedge would have been a 1000% gain if I held off from closing another day. Ugh. Dumb piece of **** stock shouldn't be popping after GM publicly says they dont have confidence to close the deal :rolleyes

The company went public in April (23rd give or take). Investors in the private company typically are "restricted" from selling because of what's known as a "lock-up". In general, aside from being a director or member of management, this extends to 180 days. Therefore, after 180 days of the company being public, those who were restricted can finally sell their shares.

This does not mean they will sell, but there's a greater chance. More selling orders = down price. It's had a nice run up too so an investor who may need cash may sell. This is different from a retail investor (you / me) as they typically have a larger block.

Edit: Those sell orders may just present a nice buying opportunity especially if the prospects or fundamentally nothing has changed with the company. Those investors may just need cash and want to put it to work elsewhere. Or they may be funds who have to sell or distribute the shares. If they distribute the shares, the investors who are going to receive them can opt to sell or otherwise continue to hold.

The company went public in April (23rd give or take). Investors in the private company typically are "restricted" from selling because of what's known as a "lock-up". In general, aside from being a director or member of management, this extends to 180 days. Therefore, after 180 days of the company being public, those who were restricted can finally sell their shares.

This does not mean they will sell, but there's a greater chance. More selling orders = down price. It's had a nice run up too so an investor who may need cash may sell. This is different from a retail investor (you / me) as they typically have a larger block.

Edit: Those sell orders may just present a nice buying opportunity especially if the prospects or fundamentally nothing has changed with the company. Those investors may just need cash and want to put it to work elsewhere. Or they may be funds who have to sell or distribute the shares. If they distribute the shares, the investors who are going to receive them can opt to sell or otherwise continue to hold.
Yup, I imagine a short term pull back that will get bought up. Lots of buyers in this one so far with a long runway. They might send this to 70-75 first and then sell it back to where we are today.

Thank you for this 👌🏾

Back
Top Bottom