OFFICIAL STOCK MARKET AND ECONOMY THREAD VOL. A NEW CHAPTER

I was up 10% on this a month ago :sick::smh: Got left holding the bag. Need to set price targets to take gains and set stop loss in the future. I should’ve learned my lesson on cannabis stocks. Don’t be like me.
E44C48A2-98F7-49D1-9439-1CAD36DDC6E2.jpeg

I guess my plan is to wait and see what happens when Michigan goes live. The loss of FanDuel sports wagering segment really hurt. The share price is almost at IPO levels right now.
Stop at break even if you’re using size or it’s something you don’t feel comfortable seeing a drawdown in (ie low conviction).

I seriously just need NVDA to hit the $503 area to get out of this damn options call at break even, but there’s just too much selling pressure at $500 :smh:.

Tried to get in thinking NKLA was gonna keep dying. Was expecting to hit $15 today.

Gonna lose on these puts unfortunately.

9/25 🤡

Luckily I didn't throw too much at it. But a loss is a loss
Close it and roll what's left over into 12/18 or 1/15 puts. I'm thinking of buying a couple 7.5p 1/15 contracts. They might run into earnings in November, and I swear if they do I'm going to lose my mind, but I see no way the stock holds after the insider lockup ends early December.

Today Tesla accused NKLA of stealing their patent design from Rimac, which adds yet another lawsuit to the table.

Last edited:
Close it and roll what's left over into 12/18 or 1/15 puts. I'm thinking of buying a couple 7.5p 1/15 contracts. They might run into earnings in November, and I swear if they do I'm going to lose my mind, but I see no way the stock holds after the insider lockup ends early December.

Today Tesla accused NKLA of stealing their patent design from Rimac, which adds yet another lawsuit to the table.
$ where my mouth is. Opened 3 NKLA 7.5p with 1/15 exp.
$1.60 a contract, which still leaves me with a profit after closing the one contract I closed yesterday.

I seriously just need NVDA to hit the $503 area to get out of this damn options call at break even, but there’s just too much selling pressure at $500 :smh:.

I should have just sold for a loss when it hit $500 :smh:. Holding through tomorrow. Hopefully, we get a Friday rally.

$ where my mouth is. Opened 3 NKLA 7.5p with 1/15 exp.
$1.60 a contract, which still leaves me with a profit after closing the one contract I closed yesterday.
I thought about the 7.5 lottos for October but Jan makes more sense. I think I might be punting pton tomorrow. I keep thinking about it and wondering and that right there tells me my conviction and planning is off. If I can’t look at a drawdown and salivate because it’s a buying opportunity, I need to exit the trade and move on.

I thought about the 7.5 lottos for October but Jan makes more sense. I think I might be punting pton tomorrow. I keep thinking about it and wondering and that right there tells me my conviction and planning is off. If I can’t look at a drawdown and salivate because it’s a buying opportunity, I need to exit the trade and move on.
I'm holding my PTON with the full expectation of mass lockdowns come December and January. COVID cases are running in Europe and we never got to a solid suppression of the virus in the first place. I also dont expect a vaccine until next year, so nobody will want to go to a gym.

Obvs this thesis could change at the drop of a hat and if there is legitimate vaccine news I'll cut half my position.

Re: NKLA. My thesis is there are more catalysts for bad news coming, but no timeline for these catalysts. Lawsuits, partnerships ending, more executives being fired, insider lockup ending, general confidence in the company dissolving. So I feel that January is a long enough timeline to see these play out. Also not expecting it to hit 7.5, but anything between 10-12 will net a nice profit.

That johnnyredstorm johnnyredstorm "leave a runner" advice is key. Got burned by selling entire assets of stocks only to see them go up since March.

Luckily only sold half of my PINS (two weeks ago) to lock in gains. Took the risk into seeing what would happen going forward (Sept/Oct + election got my nervious) and glad to see it continue to climb. *fingers crossed*

Also, kicking myself for not buying any PTON like months ago.

Back
Top Bottom