OFFICIAL STOCK MARKET AND ECONOMY THREAD VOL. A NEW CHAPTER

NKLA put sell order got triggered. Closed out at $705 on a $201 initial buy. Not a bad return, only regret is not buying more. Might dip my toes back in for a December-dated put around $10 if NKLA bounces after today. But... oh lord they dying.
My man :nthat:

Yup, but I stupidly got in at $8.90 :smh:.
Hope it bounces back man. I would imagine the stock being able to bounce a couple % points would minimize the loss. RSI is bouncing off the oversold territory for daily and 5 day charts. Might see some play going into close and hopefully good news overnight on some Pump Daddy Don ********.

Hope it bounces back man. I would imagine the stock being able to bounce a couple % points would minimize the loss. RSI is bouncing off the oversold territory for daily and 5 day charts. Might see some play going into close and hopefully good news overnight on some Pump Daddy Don bull****.

Their RTX 3090 releases tomorrow, which I’m expecting to sellout like the 3080 did last week, but this sell-off ruined that play :smh:. I was hoping it would hold the $498 - $500 range going into tomorrow. Now, I’m just hoping that fool, Trump, says some s*** to give us a pump tomorrow :lol:.

yea, went up 300% again earlier this afternoon still held

crashed :smh:

im such a greedy dumbass
Learn from it. It sucks seeing positions continue to run after selling, but what sucks worse is seeing your holdings lose their profits in a snap. Greed is good but have a target profit and STICK TO IT if you're playing options.

Learn from it. It sucks seeing positions continue to run after selling, but what sucks worse is seeing your holdings lose their profits in a snap. Greed is good but have a target profit and STICK TO IT if you're playing options.
Pretty much
only reason I kept holding because past few weeks I’ve sold for nice profit just to see something sky rocket 600%

Expires Friday so I guess I can hope it somehow bounces back a little

Pretty much
only reason I kept holding because past few weeks I’ve sold for nice profit just to see something sky rocket 600%

Expires Friday so I guess I can hope it somehow bounces back a little
And the NKLA put I sold ran another 36% in an hour. I left money on the table but profited a ton overall. Gains is gains, but they arent gains until the position is closed. Believe me I've left plenty on the table (SNAP, PINS, NKLA...) and lost out completely on plenty more, but theres always more plays and a win is a win is a win.

I've learned; giving up some upside sure as **** is better than giving away all your gains.

I'm cool with hitting a bunch of doubles versus trying for the HR.

I had a rough go about for the 9/18 expirations due to tech sell off - got caught on FSLY and NVDA. Learned from it and time to move on.

Took a position in DKNG again

worst thing you can do is sit there and say let’s see what happens. Usually doesn’t work out. If you have more than one contract, trimming is imperative. If you have one contract, you manage your risk upon entry and live with it.

Took one share of Tesla after hours just in case. Figure it shakes out to the 50 day tomorrow and if it bounces great if not I’m looking to add in at 300.

worst thing you can do is sit there and say let’s see what happens. Usually doesn’t work out. If you have more than one contract, trimming is imperative. If you have one contract, you manage your risk upon entry and live with it.
I have 24 :lol:

won't say the exact number but I was up BIG.. most money ive earned without doing anything by a LONG shot

oh well, greed takes over and you get screwed.

tomorrow is a new day

Straight up, you’re trading options, not stock, that’s ******* stupid and reckless. On a 24 lot you should be selling 4 contracts every 25 or 50% until you’re using house money, then letting the last chunk run with your mental stop ready to close the trade. Never let a huge winner turn into I hope this works out. This is Niketalk, not Wall Street Bets, we make ******* money around here.

Can someone explain to me how stock options work?

A startup that hasnt IPO'd, valued at 1.3 billion. No current whispers of any mergers or buyouts yet. 1600 stock options.

Last edited:
Took one share of Tesla after hours just in case. Figure it shakes out to the 50 day tomorrow and if it bounces great if not I’m looking to add in at 300.

welcome to the cult!

I have 24 :lol:

won't say the exact number but I was up BIG.. most money ive earned without doing anything by a LONG shot

oh well, greed takes over and you get screwed.

tomorrow is a new day

bruh thats not greed. But i understand haha. u said u were new to this?

I was up 10% on this a month ago :sick::smh: Got left holding the bag. Need to set price targets to take gains and set stop loss in the future. I should’ve learned my lesson on cannabis stocks. Don’t be like me.
E44C48A2-98F7-49D1-9439-1CAD36DDC6E2.jpeg

I guess my plan is to wait and see what happens when Michigan goes live. The loss of FanDuel sports wagering segment really hurt. The share price is almost at IPO levels right now.

Back
Top Bottom