OFFICIAL STOCK MARKET AND ECONOMY THREAD VOL. A NEW CHAPTER

We’ve got a couple of WSBers on here whether we like to admit it or not :lol:

I addes 5 shares of ayx. This was the first target I wanted to attempt an entry at. Guidance and earnings were terrible because of covid and it will probably get worse, but long term they have a great foothold in the marketand should come back to life. Cathie Wood bought more today too :nerd:

tenor.gif

I addes 5 shares of ayx. This was the first target I wanted to attempt an entry at. Guidance and earnings were terrible because of covid and it will probably get worse, but long term they have a great foothold in the marketand should come back to life. Cathie Wood bought more today too :nerd:
What’s a WSBer?

I got ****ed on NKLA so I spun that failed put into a LOW 162.50 call, 8/21 expiry. Hoping for a run into earnings on 8/19. IV was low (about 30 when I bought) so that should rise in the next couple weeks, up to 40 today. Will probably sell before earnings.

Thought about this, but you’d have to basically pay off the property to reap actual benefits.

The property would pay itself off with tenants. Plus my investment would appreciate as the value increases.

Then I’d continue investing in the market every paycheck.

The property would pay itself off with tenants. Plus my investment would appreciate as the value increases.

Then I’d continue investing in the market every paycheck.

In theory.

Lets say you put 100k down on a 2 bedroom 500k condo. Rent will be 2.5k lets say. Yes the property is paying itself off but after your mortgage, HOA fees, and property management costs how much are you really pocketing monthly?

Gotta go for a duplex or triplex. But 100k really wont get you anywhere with those unless you're buying in the hood and charging 2k per floor.

In theory.

Lets say you put 100k down on a 2 bedroom 500k condo. Rent will be 2.5k lets say. Yes the property is paying itself off but after your mortgage, HOA fees, and property management costs how much are you really pocketing monthly?

Gotta go for a duplex or triplex. But 100k really wont get you anywhere with those unless you're buying in the hood and charging 2k per floor.

Got a duplex in Parma, Ohio for 100k. I'd say it's solid B-Class. Mortgage on a 15-year is 800$/month including property taxes, rents out for 1500$. Property management 10%, round up to 200$ for other expenses 1000$ to pay for mortgage and manage it. 500$/month cash flow, I don't do anything, just get direct deposits in my bank account. I put 4 other similar properties on 15 year loans. I'll be financially free when they're paid off in 13 years.

Not to take anything away from stocks, I max out my 403b every year. But, to not diversify, and suggest not to diversify into other assets like there's no other good investments hasn't been my experience

In theory.

The goal is not to pocket anything monthly. The extra cash (if any) would go towards a safety net for the property.

Just having a property paying itself off is great. Then it’s free cashflow in 25 years when my mortgage is paid off. Or i can refinance along the way and buy another rental property.

I don’t need my investment to generate monthly cashflow at the moment, i have my job for that now.

Agreed on most points. Real estate will always be a good investment in the right cities.

If you can afford to pay off other properties, plus your own property, along with your other debts/expenses that's as ideal as it gets.

Back
Top Bottom