OFFICIAL STOCK MARKET AND ECONOMY THREAD VOL. A NEW CHAPTER

Just saw an interesting question in a Robinhood group on Facebook that asked "would you invest in the company you work for?" Made me think for a second and realize that there are some good prison based stocks that I could toss some money in. Currently looking at $GEO & $CXW. They have a good trajectory & a nice dividend.

Also got my eye on real estate stocks such as $AHT

anyone else buying gold?

My gold and gold miners are looking nice over the last 3 months
I think precious metals will outperform stocks over the next 5-10 years. I haven't been buying but I think the bottom is in on them. I think platinum won't go much lower, palladium continues to make new highs as demand exceeds supply.

Back in the positive. Up about 30% overall. Playing with baby money though

Just opened up a TD ameritrade account last week. Slowly delving deeper

Trump gonna catch these mans hands

596cd260a47cb56b008b4a01-750-477.jpg

No BRK.B buyers here?

Just wondering what B.Diddy did with all that cash on hand when the market took a dive in December. They might report a solid quarter, we shall see.

Just got paid a dividend of 13 cents per share by Archrock $AROC
Dividend of 15 cents per share should be dropping on the 28th from Ford.

NVDA up 11% after hours to $166.

That’s a good run up from $135 it was at a few weeks ago.

I've been sitting on my hands for a while... and just missing opportunities. Wanted to buy some Nvidia around $130, but then people were saying it was going to drop to less than $100. Wanted to buy a few others, like CGC and CRON - but they've blown up in the last couple weeks. Same with GE. Completely wasted my money on CEI :lol:

I was thinking the market would be pulling back a bit, but it seems like that was only a blip.

^100%.

That’s why I preach (but don’t always listen to my own advice) never trying to time the market. Every time I do, I end up making mistakes. If timing the market was so easy, the professionals/experts would constantly beat the indexes... very few actually are able to (yet we all think we’ll be able to).

Sold all my FB around $130 to realize losses, hoping I’d be able to get back in around the same price 30 days later. ~30 days later that mug was ~$160.

I actually just opened a position in Canopy last week. I’m going to watch the ETF MJ for a few weeks and look to establish a position.

Riding it out the market is always tough. I had to re-buy in so many times the last few months to average down. Looking ok so far, just need to sell at break even and wait for a drop to re-buy back in

This has been a nice runup from the December lows but I think the market high is in for the year. Almost similar to last year.

Opened up a position in TGODF this morning. It's a marijuana play out of Canada. Also been watching the ETF HMLSF but haven't opened a position yet.

Edit - up 8% after I copped this morning. Good sh*t.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom