Official Spurs vs. Hornets Game 7 5/19 8:30 ET on TNT

Steals require the player to make gambles, and for the times he's unsuccessful - which is usually more than the times he actually makes a steal - thisthrows the defense off because he has to recover. So even though the steal numbers are high, it could still mean that the player is a bad defender if he oftenputs his team's defense in jeopardy.

Now I'm not saying this is how it is with CP since I haven't watched him enough, and his #s are sure good. But it doesn't mean he's a greatdefender because when you watch teams and say "they were D'ed up, they got a bad shot," it doesn't always involve a steal...

They need to get the ball back in Paul or West's hands....just NO EXCUSE.

So, why don't Chandler/West get technicals for throwing fists after bad calls? I swear that happened late in a playoff game this year, why let dudes dothis ALL the time? I know the dude who got the tech's rarely threw fisticuffs.

wth is peja doing?
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Ghenges

Paul isn't up for DPOY, but to say a guy who led the league in steals plays "no defense" which is what original poster of that comment said, is - quite frankly - bollocks.

Are you all saying a steal is not a legitimate defensive play? Yes or no answer.

gambling on steals and flopping is not playing defense. Chris Paul, Baron Davis, AI^2, AI, Kobe. Those are the top steal leaders in order. Besides Kobe,the only close to playing legitimate defense is AI^2. I know you want a yes or no answer, so you can run with it; but, obviously you can't see thatdefense is much more complex than getting a steal.

Back
Top Bottom