:::OFFICIAL SNEAKER CARE/MAINTENANCE POST::: (It's back!)

What can I use to remove the denim dye from the elephant print? Haven't worn them since because the dye stains are so visible. Been a few months.

You could either redye them cement grey, or buy RIT dye remover (color remover) i used it on my Concords soles that I dyed blue. It will remove the dye.

Do NOT USE RIT COLOR REMOVER. That is very strong stuff. It will also remove the color from the elephant print. Try dabbing some rubbing alcohol or nail polish remover

Hey guys just wanted to keep y'all updated on a full restore I just completed for DJ Grouch, check him out on facebook and twitter if you're into techno, house, electronica remixes etc he's dope. anyways onto the pics, literally everything was done.

outside before

outside after

front before

front after

inside before

inside after

heel before

heel after

soles before

solesafter

Last edited:
I don't know why people say the Angelus Fire Red is 100% true to the color of the fire red 3's. The original factory paint has more of the infrared to it. Speaking of which, I been meaning to  restore my 2010 varsity red 6's with the black suede upper. I wanted to make the varsity red to infrared and sell them.

All of the suggestions sound very harsh for the material. There was an opinion given on ISS a while back, but their search function sucks so bad I can't find the post.

I don't know why people say the Angelus Fire Red is 100% true to the color of the fire red 3's. The original factory paint has more of the infrared to it. Speaking of which, I been meaning to  restore my 2010 varsity red 6's with the black suede upper. I wanted to make the varsity red to infrared and sell them.

And @Jsarg I used angelus fire red but I'd add a little white like I did as Johnandrew said, the fire red is close but a little dark.

@Glock, how much white? 1-2 drops? I was thinking of adding some white, cos i can already see in the bottle that it's a bit dark

Does anyone know how to stop the air bags on the Jordan XI low to stop from squeaking.

I took out the insoles and felt the air bag under my big toe and second toe in the right foot. It seems to have a knot or extra large bubble.
Every time I step these shoes squeak and I'm thinking about selling them because of it. It's very annoying.

They're the XI low gray/yellow.

I've tried putting paper in between the insole and air bag and that does not help. It's the actual air pocket making a "leather like" squeak.
It's like sliding across a leather couch.

Thanks in advance for the help.

@Glock, how much white? 1-2 drops? I was thinking of adding some white, cos i can already see in the bottle that it's a bit dark

I just eyeball it, never really measure as it takes too long. Just start with a drop or 2 and just keep slowly adding til you hit it.

@Glock, one more question, how did you remove the paint? did you go acetone or scrape the paint off?

^^^ yeah thought so, I just used those nail file popsicle sticks with the sand paper type surface on the back. worked like a charm and took way less time.

^^^ yeah thought so, I just used those nail file popsicle sticks with the sand paper type surface on the back. worked like a charm and took way less time.
As long as you're careful otherwise you can damage the midsole. 

On a side note: Indoor method is 
pimp.gif
 I have been doing 24 - 30 hour sessions LOL. So much faster than the outdoor method. Granted, the outdoor method does good work but that's 6 hours in a day. Where I live, the sun doesn't show up until 11 am. It's all shadow in my compact patio around 4 - 5 pm. That's only 6 hours a day total with 2 sessions a day. I'm wasting precious hours in a day with no light. That's 18 hours I am not using in a day. 

I'm already unyellowing my cool greys under a week and the results are dramatic. It's probably going to take me 2 weeks MAX to clear the most brownest sole ever. Opposed to a month or so? I'm utilizing more time with the indoor method. 

Also, this is WITH saram wrap. Otherwise the lightbulb will dry it out the retr0brite formula. 

Last edited:
@Johnandrew have you noticed the newer soles (ie 2009 jams, 2010 cool greys etc etc) to take longer indoors than say some 2001s? I'm thinking the rubber used is different..:nerd:

These aren't done but I already released the pic on instagram and my facebook so it's only fair. They still need touchups, more coats of green and red on the lining and nike check but I couldn't hold it in any longer and had to share....

The base shoe was a 2003 flightposite 3 (the old kevin garnetts). Some people might be upset the customer used this shoe as a base as there were only about 2,800 made but he got them pretty cheap as they were pretty worn/beaten. So to answer your question, know I did not do this to a brand new shoe, it was probably a 6/10 condition.

Last edited:
Did you paint the bottom of the IIIs too? I'm having some trouble getting a couple marks off the bottom of my WCs

@Johnandrew have you noticed the newer soles (ie 2009 jams, 2010 cool greys etc etc) to take longer indoors than say some 2001s? I'm thinking the rubber used is different..
nerd.gif
yeah the rubber JB uses now is definitely different. I honestly don't know if the newer soles yellow slower because I take the soles off of the 2000 - 2001 models and reglue lol. Faster and makes it more icy

Back
Top Bottom