:::OFFICIAL SNEAKER CARE/MAINTENANCE POST::: (It's back!)

A word to the wise. if you are going to reglue your shoes yourself, make sure you know how to do it. You don't need to reglue the whole shoe to save time. If you are new to regluing, try a small area to see if the method you are doing works. If it doesn't then it's not the end of the world because you only worked on a small area.

Ugh I'm working on these original black/red 13's and the previous owner has black glue marks on the suede.. Tf... He even tried to reglue the bottom soles and the pods back. Half of the midsole separated from the upper on the left shoe. Luckily for me, the right shoe needs less work. His work was useless because it's still separated. Now I need to remove his horrible glue job first before I do anything.

I swear this is what irritates me the most..

A word to the wise. if you are going to reglue your shoes yourself, make sure you know how to do it. You don't need to reglue the whole shoe to save time. If you are new to regluing, try a small area to see if the method you are doing works. If it doesn't then it's not the end of the world because you only worked on a small area.

Ugh I'm working on these original black/red 13's and the previous owner has black glue marks on the suede.. Tf... He even tried to reglue the bottom soles and the pods back. Half of the midsole separated from the upper on the left shoe. Luckily for me, the right shoe needs less work. His work was useless because it's still separated. Now I need to remove his horrible glue job first before I do anything.

I swear this is what irritates me the most..
but you're still getting his business my friend.

What do you mean by return? To Footlocker or the person you bought them from? It's totally up to you. Also these weren't exactly limited or rare of any kind. is has LS on is because it stands for Life style. Which means it has more clothes to match with it. I have a pair myself and it's worn a couple of times.

@clong7 I know. It's more work for me and more from his wallet. I'm just letting people know to do things small before anything significant. 

So i've painted, I think they turned out alright, being this is my first midsole paint restoration. I still have yet to find a way to make the paint lose its gloss.

I do have the Angelus Matte liquid, does anyone have any tips as to when and how much to apply?

What do you mean by return? To Footlocker or the person you bought them from? It's totally up to you. Also these weren't exactly limited or rare of any kind. is has LS on is because it stands for Life style. Which means it has more clothes to match with it. I have a pair myself and it's worn a couple of times.

@clong7 I know. It's more work for me and more from his wallet. I'm just letting people know to do things small before anything significant. 

Meaning are they going to fall apart to the point where they are junk, and are they worth keeping at 130. I bought them second hand.

So i've painted, I think they turned out alright, being this is my first midsole paint restoration. I still have yet to find a way to make the paint lose its gloss.
I do have the Angelus Matte liquid, does anyone have any tips as to when and how much to apply?
the Angelus Matte paint is supposed to be mixed with the red paint. You can just buy the Krylon Matte finisher at your walmart and spray it on the midsole to make it matte

the Angelus Matte paint is supposed to be mixed with the red paint. You can just buy the Krylon Matte finisher at your walmart and spray it on the midsole to make it matte

Mixed with red paint?

I'll see if I can find that Krylon here in Australia, hopefully.

Last edited:
Also I got a Tip for cleaning scratches off holograms covers, and plastic overlays ( on the newer 8s, sometimes the way the plastic is put on the shoe leaves some scratches on the plastic). I believe other shoes have the plastic overlay on the sole. Forgot what the brand of the solvent is but PM me if interested. 

%24T2eC16NHJGYE9nooh,EIBQq0MgSUb!~~60_57.JPG

can that stain located near the midsole ( near the purple area) be removed any ideas 

edit* trying to convince my boy to purchase these on CL but hes not feeling the stain. ANY IDEEASSSS

Last edited:
Is putting sneakers in the box w/o the paper, in a ziploc with holes in it and silica in the box a gd way to store the kicks?

I used water repellent on one of my pairs of '12 BCIV's and now theirs white residue on the swede/laces/mesh etc. whats the best way to go about cleaning it off?

sorry if its been asked before.. I went thru about 25 pages and didnt see much that would help me

Anyone have any suggestions to cleaning the mesh on the concord xi's. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

You know what? I did about 3 midsole restorations for the III's and not once did I consider painting the entire midsole white then putting the color on top of it. Not bad. And with the angelus liquid, get the shiny finish, dab a little on a cotton ball and slowly go around the midsole.

For my question, I know it's here but I'm too lazy to look for it, but my concords and space jams have some seperation issues, mainly on the instep and the outside there is mild seperation. What type of glue should I use. Gorolla glue I heard turns brown. A friend of mine who is an art student suggested E6000 glue. Anyone have experience fixing seperation with this adhesive? :nerd:

^never used e6000 before, just barge cement. I believe both are the same strength and will help with the midsole separation on xi's. my snakeskin xi's had this same issue when I purchased them off eBay. They were used and I was aware they were "projects". But for $50 you just can't beat that. Either glue will work. Just use a clamp to secure the areas after gluing. If no clamp is available, use some extra shoe strings. Glue the areas and tie them tight to secure the position. Leave them to dry for a day or two.

Back
Top Bottom