:::OFFICIAL SNEAKER CARE/MAINTENANCE POST::: (It's back!)

What y'all think work on yellowed glow in the dark soles? Well they don't yellow but turn brownish looking

bump for the most underrated thread on the site,  I've been combing ebay a lot lately trying to find beat up dirty kicks, with the intention on cleaning them up with the knowledge I've learned from reading this thread.  Anyone have any experience with JasonMarkk shoe cleaner, I follow him on IG and that stuff looks like it works well on all surfaces in terms of cleaning and conditioning.  Hopefully Ill have some restoration projects coming up.

Here's how I whiten laces.

First, I grab two empty plastic bottles. The regular 500 mL bottles are preferable.

Second, I put hot water and detergent in one bottle, and warm luke water with bleach in the other.

Third, I slip the laces inside the detergent bottle and shake it up and let it soak for a minimum of 3 hours.

Lastly, I take out the laces and put it in the bleach bottle and repeat the same process.

After that is finished, I take out the laces, squeeze out the bleach that is absorbed in the fabric, rinse it with water, and I let it air dry overnight.

The results WILL be dramatic depending on how dirty, yellow, and greasy the laces are.

Here is an example of my technique:
Sorry to pic quote but I tried this method today and it worked very successfully. Could've bleached it longer but wanted to dry them overnight. Awesome find and really made a beat pair of 5's look nice-ish.
laugh.gif
Take it easy NT.

Sorry to pic quote but I tried this method today and it worked very successfully. Could've bleached it longer but wanted to dry them overnight. Awesome find and really made a beat pair of 5's look nice-ish.
laugh.gif
Take it easy NT.
Glad I could help! There really is no secret to whitening laces. It's just like whitening your clothes, really... The mesh on the 11's are a bit more difficult to tackle though but it's no different.

Here's my indoor method <3 I'm working on a pair of '01 cool greys to flip for more and a customer's pair of '96 Columbia 11's

What are the best ways to straighten the backs of shoes that are collapsing.  Bred XIII's and XII's to be specific.

I did that lace in the detergent bottle method on my forest green 14s, they had brown laces but now they are white! But the lace holders/holes are dirty. I'm going to buy some RIT Fabric whitener tomorrow to finish up the job

bump for the most underrated thread on the site,  I've been combing ebay a lot lately trying to find beat up dirty kicks, with the intention on cleaning them up with the knowledge I've learned from reading this thread.  Anyone have any experience with JasonMarkk shoe cleaner, I follow him on IG and that stuff looks like it works well on all surfaces in terms of cleaning and conditioning.  Hopefully Ill have some restoration projects coming up.

Hello,

I've used the Jason Markk cleaner. It works well on pretty much everything except suede like the CDP XVIIIs. I tried it and it didn't work well. The suede just looks terrible. Also, if the shoe is notorious for paint chipping (IIIs, IVs) take it easy when you scrub them or the paint will come off. I am very satisfied with the product. I have restored many really dirty sneakers I have. I've cleaned about 10 pairs now. Also, I would use them ONLY to restore. For everyday cleaning, I would just use the regular sneaker cleaner from your neighborhood FTL, FTA, or FNL.

Let me know if you have any questions. I'll be more than happy to help.

I am almost finished sole swapping this pair of '99 Black Cement 4's for a customer. He shipped me two pairs to work on so that gave me more routes to approach a successful sole swap. 

Sole swapping 4's are a little more difficult to work on and also more time consuming. I'm just taking my time right now as I am working on other customer's shoes! I'll update you guys on the finished product. I will not be repainting these as requested by the customer.

am i wasting my time, its only been a cream once, i cant even tell if its working or just clouding, im on the verge of quitting, each one is a three hour session with 4 26 watt 100 replacement bulbs, i cut holes a little bigger than the shoes on top of the tote, then i placed plexi glass over it hoping to dround out some heat while still getting the reflection of the light, also the inside is covered in aluminum foil.

mixture is 1/2 cup 40 volume cream, tablespoon of corn starch microwaved on 3o secs, tablespoon or less of oxy clean, then i saran wrap and place on the box, the cream never dries up, please send any tips possible, id like to get this process down because i have 20 pairs of elevens, thank you.

@adefur - I typically do 8-12 hour sessions for indoor method. I also use reptiglow bulbs and seran wrap to extend the life of the sauce per session. 3 hr sessions are just too short.

at first i used in the box method with grow bulbs and i did an 8 hour session and this happenned AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

so now i am a super chicken

ill check out the reptiglow bulbs, its just ive got 30 bucks in this setup already haha
my setup cost around 90 dollars lol. thats with two bulbs and two lamps. 

is that only the carbon fiber and the bottom sole? oh man.. youll need to reglue this professionally. 

My oreo 4's are talking to me :/

Anyone know of a good glue to fix em up with? I've heard shoe goo is good but its always good to get second opinions-

Last edited:
@adefur, ya it's working your 3 hour sessions are way too short. You should be shooting for 8-12, if you go over it's not a big deal.

Also, spending $30 on an indoor setup is the problem. The reptiglo bulbs alone are nearly $30 and you're best off having 2 of them. Not to mention the fixtures box and whatever else is in your setup.

Back
Top Bottom