:::OFFICIAL SNEAKER CARE/MAINTENANCE POST::: (It's back!)

So I came across some 2000 Space Jams at a local thrift store for about 35 dollars. They got ALLOT of creases everywhere on the Patent Leather. How do I get rid of most of these creases because I think trying to Iron them will damage them. Another problem is the Patent Leather has scratches everywhere on them. What should I  do about that? Any answer would be helpful!

I basically used the rit method. I boiled water and added the rit powder in a container. I used a tooth brush to spread it on the mesh. I re apply the solution every 30  60 minutes and rinse it off when i am finished.

Did you ever have any problems with the patent leather liner yellowing and bleeding onto the mesh? So did you rinse off every session or just continuously reapplied?

1310033928_dissapointed_supporter.gif

Man they look black!

Looks kind of cool too lol.

Did you ever have any problems with the patent leather liner yellowing and bleeding onto the mesh? So did you rinse off every session or just continuously reapplied?
After the mesh has dried after the whitening process, the dark residue causing the yellow dinginess rises to the surface. It can be easily removed by scrubbing it off with water.

Man they look black!
Looks kind of cool too lol.

Ik what you mean, I used soapy water and tooth brush and washed off the dry excess dye. But the camera on an iPad 2 is terrible, it gives them no justice. The sole isn't as solid as it looks, it's pretty clear in person.

Can anybody give me a way to darken the material around the toe box of my Aquas, Playoff VIIIs, Black/Metallic Vs? It's pretty ashy.

And also what color and brand paint would I use to paint the Military IVs?

Thank you

Can anybody give me a way to darken the material around the toe box of my Aquas, Playoff VIIIs, Black/Metallic Vs? It's pretty ashy.
And also what color and brand paint would I use to paint the Military IVs?
Thank you
Post pictures of how the toebox looks like

For the 4's, youll need to mix paint. I believe it's sapphire and blue together

Anybody use renegade restorations? How is his pricing? Is it worth it?? It looks like he does good work, anybody want to share their experiences??

NYdunkhead, he does great work but you're definitely doing to pay some premium prices for the name and work done. Myself as well as a few others (johnandrew, sole clinics and spot on) just to name a few that come to mind, do great work and pricing is lower than renegades.

@just nikes, any suede/nubuck cleaner should get those darker and clean, they just look dusty and dirty.

NYdunkhead, he does great work but you're definitely doing to pay some premium prices for the name and work done. Myself as well as a few others (johnandrew, sole clinics and spot on) just to name a few that come to mind, do great work and pricing is lower than renegades.
@just nikes, any suede/nubuck cleaner should get those darker and clean, they just look dusty and dirty.

Thanks for the info, i'll shoot you an e-mail of stuff I have and maybe we can do some business together. Is there anything I can do for the bottom of a BRED XIII that the grip track wore off or am I SOL for that?

Meaning a suede/nubuck cleaning spray like they sell at FTLs or FNL? Or the kits that come with brushes and erasers?
Don't buy the sprays from shoe retail stores. Buy the EZ CLEAN Lincoln cleaner. You can find it in any shoe repair shops or online. It's the best Ive used actually. Some stores over charge it like the local store in my area but it's worth it. Youll need to buy a separate brush as well.

So I usually buy my shoe cleaners from foot locker. They work perfectly fine for me. I went this past weekend to buy some more and the guy said they no longer sell that FOAM with a BRUSH cleaner.

They have this new cleaner that you spray on and wipe off. Its supposed to be stronger. Im kinda scared to put these on my shoes. Has anyone tried the new cleaners from footlocker?

So I usually buy my shoe cleaners from foot locker. They work perfectly fine for me. I went this past weekend to buy some more and the guy said they no longer sell that FOAM with a BRUSH cleaner.
They have this new cleaner that you spray on and wipe off. Its supposed to be stronger. Im kinda scared to put these on my shoes. Has anyone tried the new cleaners from footlocker?
BUMP for this...i haven't heard or seen the new cleaner...anyone use it yet?

Can anyone tell me how to clean the white stitching on shoes and how to whiten the midsoles of a pair of dunks?

I brought a pair of Vi varsity red for really cheap...

How do I darken the nubuck? Its not faded but it has random water drops, marks and scuffs...

how can I eliminate fraying?

Also the paint is chipped and faded...what paint do i use for these?

How do I darken the nubuck? Its not faded but it has random water drops, marks and scuffs...
From what i here Jason Mark and Lincoln Ez cleaner seem to be doing a great job at darkening the nubuck.

And for the paint a lot of people use angelus paint. I believe you can find it on ebay

From what i here Jason Mark and Lincoln Ez cleaner seem to be doing a great job at darkening the nubuck.
And for the paint a lot of people use angelus paint. I believe you can find it on ebay

anyone know what shade would be used for the varsity red?

Back
Top Bottom