Official Saucony Originals / Retro Thread

^lol. It's a popular CW but it is jus a gr so kinda hard to gauge it. I think if you see em sittin after 24-48 hrs, your good to wait. But if you see sizes goin then just hop on em...

Remember the cavity pack though?  They were getting blog coverage and the resellers bought into the hype, so they started selling out quick and had people freaking out that they couldn't get a pair.  Eventually, they ended up on Amazon under retail.  I really think this will be a different situation though.
You right, and i do think they will sell a bit better than most GRs. It'll b interesting to see how they do. Like you said, it's a game. I'm jus here to play and win lol...

So did the Lodge pack sell out on Saucony.com, or did they pull them from the site when they dropped the $20-off coupon this AM? Saw the code in my email and figured I'd cop the wools for $80 but they aren't even on the site. Didn't think they were that popular...

So did the Lodge pack sell out on Saucony.com, or did they pull them from the site when they dropped the $20-off coupon this AM? Saw the code in my email and figured I'd cop the wools for $80 but they aren't even on the site. Didn't think they were that popular...

I heard they were intended to be Saucony exclusive, but they decided to take down and distribute to shops to sell instead. I'm guessing sales weren't as good as they expected.

I heard they were intended to be Saucony exclusive, but they decided to take down and distribute to shops to sell instead. I'm guessing sales weren't as good as they expected.

Gotcha, that sounds about right. Nuts that they only gave 'em a couple of weeks before bailing on them. I remember them saying they were Saucony.com exclusive, thought it was a bad idea at the time.

On a side note, I'm finding it funny on the French Blue Jordan 7 thread that the dudes are saying they're bailing on JB for Saucony, NB and Asics because they're cheaper and easier to get.

Not for long, if that keeps up.

The Lodge Pack had a full size run for hours after release then a day or 2 later they were listed as sold out. I heard on Twitter 500 of each CW were made, not sure if it's true but I wouldn't be surprised if they were distributing pairs to local shops.

Gotcha, that sounds about right. Nuts that they only gave 'em a couple of weeks before bailing on them. I remember them saying they were Saucony.com exclusive, thought it was a bad idea at the time.

On a side note, I'm finding it funny on the French Blue Jordan 7 thread that the dudes are saying they're bailing on JB for Saucony, NB and Asics because they're cheaper and easier to get.

Not for long, if that keeps up.
I'm one, kinda. Im not bailing on JB but I ventured into saucony recently pretty much cause I'm commin the end of gettin all the Js I want....plus nice to pay under 100 for a quality shoe lol...

Definitely. Being able to get a premium GR for under $70 on the reg is the right way to go. You can get two, sometimes three, pairs of great runners for the price of one pair of retro Js. Even most collabs are south of $150.

I really like the Barneys from Feature. But I'm afraid that color combination would literally sit in the box on the shelf. The first though looked better in hand so much so that they might be my favorite pair of Sauconys I own. I might have to have faith in these too.

Don't know if I'll cop yet gotta see more pics
These would look so much better with a darker (or gum!) outsole and 1 more contrasting color.  Hate to buy and have to customize, but I guess it depends what else is coming out around the time they're released...

Don't think PG has an acct with Saucony (I'm in Houston too).  All i've ever seen there is Nike, NB, Asics and Vans mostly.  Collab-wise, they occasionally get NB collabs and they got the Nippon Blue Gel Lyte IIIs.  We really dont have many options.

I've gone TTS on all my Saucony without issue, which is my AM1 size.

If I reme right, PG had the Play Cloths collab. I'll have to get by there & check around.

And also, add me to that list of dudes straying from JB/Nike. It's just becoming too much of a hassle/pricey to cop and I'm just to the point where I want to try something else. I've been peeping Asics/NB/Saucony/Adidas releases for a while and I know I've already missed a ton of dope drops. Not to mention the quality is consistently much better than Nike/JB. That remastered scam was the last straw for me.

Back
Top Bottom