Official San Francisco 49ers Off-Season Thread (5-7): Let's get ready for the Draft!

niners select: glen coffee rb / alabama

eek.gif
didnt think theyd go so early for a rb

this draft obviously doesnt have mike sings say-so in it.

coffee is still a raw 200lb rb, still would have been RB in the 5th.

theyve yet to address any pass rushers, we have no one that'll get to the QB.

we have no 4th rounder, 5th rounder will take awhile so have a good day guys.

Originally Posted by Cant Nobody Stop Me

Can anyone post info on Coffee?

Too lazy to look up scouts info but...

We need to draft some damn linemen on both sides of the ball.

Maybe we can trade up.

^^^^^^ they only post the highlights..............If we posted the highlights of all the Running backs in COLLEGE, then they will all probably by first roundpics.

If they posted the dumb plays all these running backs made during their college career then half of them wouldnt be drafted.

THe draft isnt always about what they can do RIGHT NOW.......90% of these players are gonna develope over a few years...........and its about guaranteed thatthere will be a few players from the late rounds that end up being studs..........u just gotta take a chance.

Originally Posted by pacmagic2002

^^^^^^ they only post the highlights..............If we posted the highlights of all the Running backs in COLLEGE, then they will all probably by first round pics.

If they posted the dumb plays all these running backs made during their college career then half of them wouldnt be drafted.

THe draft isnt always about what they can do RIGHT NOW.......90% of these players are gonna develope over a few years...........and its about guaranteed that there will be a few players from the late rounds that end up being studs..........u just gotta take a chance.
i dont know if you're referring to my comment, but i thought he was an alright pick especially with the attitude and poise i saw in the video.

we dont need a RB though, we have bigger holes to patch.

How have we still not drafted an OLman? I mean, I love the Crabby pick. I like the Coffee as well.....but we NEED OL help. Also another reason why I dislikethe Carolina trade.

I personally like having 2 first rounders next year. That's tremendous value to have in your back pocket, especially if we want to move up to draftBradford or another QB decides to pull a Jay Cutler.

Originally Posted by bigtimejerky

Coffee/Foster/Gore
I really like that combination... strength/speed/both
Real Talk I dont like the Coffee pick. Thats 3 similar backs in the backfield.......

ok i know nate davis has a very strong arm and potential, but who the hell is doing this draft Mike Martz???

we've done nothing to on getting an OLINE, pass rusher, or a CB (i wanted coye francis).

now we have ANOTHER project QB.

very weird "smash mouth" running style football concept ...

I like that Mckillop pickup, he seems like a blue collard type of player, in the right place all the time and just works HARD. Have him coached by Sing, pairedup with Willis and Takeo:

Not too fond of the Coffee pick either.

We still have Thomas Clayton and Mike Robinson. And still could have found a good RB in the draft next year.

holy !!+#
roll.gif

i saw a couple nate davis games and i was secretly hoping the niners would draft him based on his arm (pause)
nerd.gif
laugh.gif

oh boy..oops

Yeah, I saw him in the QB skills challenge, he does have a strong arm ... but I mean - what direction is this team headed
laugh.gif

Another thing with Nate Davis is he doesn't grip the laces on the ball.

As far as coffee ... there's still RB such as peerman, jennings and davis on the board (big tough runners) ... I just don't get that coffee pick.

Prove us wrong though.

*Mel Kiper did applaud the niners on the Mckillop pick in the 5th round, seems like a real tough nose hard worker, cant knock that.

Back
Top Bottom