Official San Francisco 49ers Off-Season Thread (5-7): Let's get ready for the Draft!

Originally Posted by DunkeDinSaucE

Honestly seems like the organization doesn't want many changes so I say 8-8 maybe 9-7 with 2 wins over Arizona, a loss vs Seattle and 2 Ws against St. Louis, our opponents look relatively easy.
I say stick with Hill, lose/sign Smith
sick.gif
as a backup, he shoudlnt even be considered as a starter, hopefully Stafford dropping in the draft ( i wish/hope/dream
grin.gif
), we need to work on that O-line and a big time short route receiver. As far as Defense, we're pretty solid

No way Stafford is there at 10 and even if he was I wouldn't want him. I'd rather have Sanchez, but I think it would be a mistake drafting a QB in the1st rd. again. As long as football is played with QBs Oline will always be a priority I think. We are in desperate need of a RT. On D I think we need a NT, andan OLB. If I could have any player in this draft I'd want Aaron Curry. I know it won't happen but I'd be willing to give up a lot for him. Him andWillis would be unstopable.

Niners are doing absolutely nothing this year in free agency........no lineman, wide receivers or D-Backs. They do know that Patrick Willis type players onlycome once every year or 2???

I think they are relying too much on the draft this year................hhuuuuuhhhhhh.......get ready for ANOTHER loosing season.

[h2]http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/03/10/alex-smith-does-a-new-deal/[/h2]
[h2]ALEX SMITH DOES A NEW DEAL[/h2]
Posted by Mike Florio on March 10, 2009, 11:44 a.m. EDT

At a time when one of Tom Condon's high-profile clients is contemplating taking a salary haircut in order to stay with a California team, another high-profile Tom Condon client has opted to reduce his compensation in order to keep his job.

Per a league source, the 49ers have agreed to a new two-year deal with quarterback Alex Smith, the No. 1 overall pick in the 2005 draft.

Though specific numbers are not yet available, we're told that it's normal two-year money for a backup-type deal, but all in all a fair package.

Our guess is that Smith will make something like $2 million to $3 million per year.

It's not chump change, but the tables definitely have turned since Smith was the first pick, and Aaron Rodgers did the green room slide.

mad.gif

At a time when one of Tom Condon's high-profile clients is contemplating taking a salary haircut in order to stay with a California team, another high-profile Tom Condon client has opted to reduce his compensation in order to keep his job.

Per a league source, the 49ers have agreed to a new two-year deal with quarterback Alex Smith, the No. 1 overall pick in the 2005 draft.

Though specific numbers are not yet available, we're told that it's normal two-year money for a backup-type deal, but all in all a fair package.

Our guess is that Smith will make something like $2 million to $3 million per year.

It's not chump change, but the tables definitely have turned since Smith was the first pick, and Aaron Rodgers did the green room slid

pimp.gif

Well I hope your happy Nike Talker 23, you get your wish champ....................much to the dismay of the majority of the49ers fanbase.

Originally Posted by 100PROOF

[h2]http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/03/10/alex-smith-does-a-new-deal/[/h2]

It's not chump change, but the tables definitely have turned since Smith was the first pick, and Aaron Rodgers did the green room slide.
mad.gif

mad.gif
He'll have fun holding the clipboard behind Shaun Hill.

I am willing to give this bum one more chance and go into the season with an open mind about him.

That's reasonable to me...still in a back-up role, for now. I think he can succeed elsewhere. But who knows, maybe now that Nolan's gone....nahhh,I'm not counting on it.

The niners QB's are shaun hill
eyes.gif
damon huard
sick.gif
and alex smith
tired.gif

Let that sink in next time one of yall talks playoffs next year
indifferent.gif

I dont know how you could not like the move...apparently Singletary really likes Smith and the dude got a bad wrap his whole time here. He's taking apaycut and he has potential

Originally Posted by Uter Zorker

I dont know how you could not like the move...apparently Singletary really likes Smith and the dude got a bad wrap his whole time here. He's taking a paycut and he has potential
i liked the moved...dude seem really determined to really proved to all the doubter wrong and he wants to win...i agree about giving dude anotheryear or maybe two to prove himself ...i think he fits into singletary system..he mobile, semi-strong arm....he just gotta learn how to manage games ..which ithink he will improve w/ the niner going running heavy which lead to less pressure on his shoulder ...

I'm a happy camper. We will have a real QB competition this offseason unlike last year and I'm 100% sure Alex will come out the starter.

Originally Posted by NikeTalker23

I'm a happy camper. We will have a real QB competition this offseason unlike last year and I'm 100% sure Alex will come out the starter.

Really dude? 100% sure?
laugh.gif
Ok. Shaun Hill may be known to suck inpractice but the way he played in the REGULAR season proved he has what it takes to win us football games.

Bet your user name.

Alex Smith will even get beat out by Huard.

Originally Posted by Dr 715

Bet your user name.

Is Alex gets beat out but Huard then Huard would be our #1, Alex #2, and Hill #3 because it's well known that Hill sucks during camp. If it's a legitcompetition Alex will win out because he always has good camps.

Originally Posted by Dr 715

Bet your user name.

He will just JapanAir it if he did anyway.
laugh.gif

Hill should be the starter regardless, I'd be surprised otherwise.

Originally Posted by LiveMyReality

Orlando Pace anybody?
He's been hurt the past few years, but if we can get him for a cheap price (doubtful) I wouldn't mind having him.

According to Yahoo Sports:

Fri Mar 13, 2009 8:30 am EDT
[h4]49ers have interest in Alabama's Andre Smith[/h4]

Andre Smith, a 325-pound offensive tackle from the University of Alabama is said to have a nasty disposition on the field. When he announced he wouldn'ttake part in the NFL Combine in Indianapolis he proved it wasn't much better off the field, either.

However, Smith could still be on the board when the San Francisco 49ers pick 10th in the April 25th NFLDraft. The 49ers need a right tackle as the team looks to upgrade a position manned by Jonas Jennings,Adam Snyder and Barry Sims the last twoseasons. Smith was named the Outland Trophy winner for 2008, emblematic of college football's best lineman. According to the San Francisco Chronicle, Smithis now the No.3 tackle on the board behind Baylor's Justin Smith and Virginia's EugeneMonroe.

According to the Chronicle a member of the San Francisco scouting department was "impressed'' with Smith.
Link

sick.gif
sick.gif

Back
Top Bottom