:::[Official] San Francisco 49ers 2024 Season Thread [NFC CHAMPIONS]:::

Should UnicornHunter’s faithful card be revoked for his blasphemous Patrick Willis comments?

• Yes permanently

Votes: 31 79.5%
  • Yes temporarily

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • No

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Not sure why folks can't just blame both the offense and defense, it ain't only one side of the ball.

-Defense couldn't get off the field for much of the game, similar to last week.
-I know everyone wants to blame Wills but he's not the reason they can't tackle all of a sudden.
-Beyond sick of this Dline, just embarrassing with the amount of talent there. Bosa has been trash so far this year.
-Offense needs to be better, plain and simple.
-Nice to see Kittle finally get involved, not sure why this guy can't consistently get targets.
-I know this team misses Trent and Deboo but there is too much talent on that side of the ball for the offense to look this "boring".
-Brock, stop turning the ball over. Those 2 picks today completely ended any change of a comeback.
-Why can't Moody kick it into the end zone on kickoffs? Is that intentional?
-Kyle, be better. You're the head coach, a lot of this is on you. You have more talent on the offense outside of CMC, mix some **** up.

Side note: Bengal fans are annoying as ****. I'm a big fan of Burrow and rooted for them the past couple years in the AFC, but man that fan base is annoying. :lol:

Edit * Also, plenty of football left. Hopefully the bye can help them correct some of this and get back on track.

The whole point of Purdy was he played smart football and didn’t turn the ball over. The interception in their red zone is what broke the momentum of this team today. He has been looking really bad the past 3 games. It’s not how you start it’s how you finish. You cannot turn the ball over in the 3rd and 4th quarter.

The whole point of Purdy was he played smart football and didn’t turn the ball over. The interception in their red zone is what broke the momentum of this team today. He has been looking really bad the past 3 games. It’s not how you start it’s how you finish. You cannot turn the ball over in the 3rd and 4th quarter.

yup Purdy’s timing has been off. what made him look good coming in as a starter was he was going thru his progressions and finding his receiver quickly. been throwing late and behind his targets during this slump. part of it is the pocket hasn’t been clean and he’s having to scramble more.

Uncle Sherm knows how to fix it 🤣

But dang! Burrow only 4 incompletions with a bum leg is just wooooow man

yup Purdy’s timing has been off. what made him look good coming in as a starter was he was going thru his progressions and finding his receiver quickly. been throwing late and behind his targets during this slump. part of it is the pocket hasn’t been clean and he’s having to scramble more.

not just that but the defense knows he’s throwing when the run game is non existent. they know he’s gonna throw and he’s trying to throw us to victory, it’s a bad combo

Trade deadline coming up on the 31st! I better see a trade alert for a corner to the Niners ASAP if they don’t, then I don’t think after watching the last 3 games, they don’t think that the 49ers are doing anything this year and not real contenders!

All the Purdy debating aside. It would be lovely if Baltimore can do a solid and take care of Seattle next Sunday.

All that being said. It’s a team game. All the Purdy criticism is warranted. But I also don’t think it’s unreasonable to expect a 2nd year qb to have a rough stretch and face adversity. First round pick or whatever other round pick, it’s inevitable. The turnovers are alarming and something which needs to get fixed.

This defense has been an elite unit at times over the last few seasons. They’ve put the team on their back and won big playoff games in the past. Think the Green Bay game where aside from an opening touchdown, they shut an elite offense down on a night where they didn’t get much on offense themselves. I’m expecting greatness from them. Defense has been their identity over the last few seasons.

A lot of kinks to work out over the bye. But I’m not going to freak out over these last few weeks. It’s all fixable stuff.

The wide 9 isnt from the Wilks playbook. He didnt bring that over here from Carolina. It was ALREADY HERE.

Maybe just maybe the league figured it out. We ran it for 4 years. Teams evolve and learn how to attack it.

Its tough enough that his best player wasnt in training camp. Btw where is Bosa?

y’all watch Nothing But Niners on YT? I like watching passionate fans like ourselves different takes win or lose

the dline and linebacker play used to mask a lot of the issues at corner. with the dline not getting home the secondary is exposed. 30 straight completions is nuts. they finally got a couple sacks yesterday but for the most part they’ve been a step too late. it makes zero sense to be getting less pressure blitzing than when we were rushing four. tackling has been horrendous across the board.

on offense the stupid penalties are killing us. the drop off in the run game is insane. drops, we’ve always had drops. brock has been making crazy plays but then negating any good he did. oline been soft without trent. play calling questionable at times.

this team as a whole forgot who the **** they are. i’m hoping they just needed a swift kick in the *** (or 3) and to regroup this week. if losing the division lead doesn’t fire them up, idk what the **** will

Purdy too comfortable with timing throws, he is ignoring the defender underneath. Trent will alleviate pressure. But you still gotta be more aware of that. There is just way too many turnovers with no takeaways.

Purdy too comfortable with timing throws, he is ignoring the defender underneath. Trent will alleviate pressure. But you still gotta be more aware of that. There is just way too many turnovers with no takeaways.

that’s why we need the run game to get going. we don’t want him throwing 30-40 times a game cause mistakes are gonna happen with a young qb. need to keep him to around 20 attempts.

Peeps i know saying purdy aint it and can only play with a lead and dumb decisions playing from behind. Only watched the first half but he was doing well and scrambled well too

the dline and linebacker play used to mask a lot of the issues at corner. with the dline not getting home the secondary is exposed. 30 straight completions is nuts. they finally got a couple sacks yesterday but for the most part they’ve been a step too late. it makes zero sense to be getting less pressure blitzing than when we were rushing four. tackling has been horrendous across the board.

on offense the stupid penalties are killing us. the drop off in the run game is insane. drops, we’ve always had drops. brock has been making crazy plays but then negating any good he did. oline been soft without trent. play calling questionable at times.

this team as a whole forgot who the **** they are. i’m hoping they just needed a swift kick in the *** (or 3) and to regroup this week. if losing the division lead doesn’t fire them up, idk what the **** will
I just remembered that play where Brock timed his pass perfectly to Aiyuk, only for Aiyuk to miss the ball and get hit on his facemask. Why.

If they were constantly going 3 and out and not moving the ball at all. I would be much more pessimistic. But they were moving the ball between the 20’s. Purdy was scrambling for first downs when needed. They didn’t finish drives, but there was movement. You can’t throw those picks. Especially in the 4th quarter. But it’s also not the doom and gloom scenario the sports media is making things out to be.

Interceptions happen. It’s also fixable. Hell the qb they’re going against after the bye threw 4 interceptions in the first half of a playoff game back in January before bouncing back strong.

That pick that LB made to Purdy when throwing to Elijah was a crazy athletic play from that Bengal player, from what I saw…

The play broke down and Purdy extended the play… Eli wasn’t ready to for the ball (he was still running towards the end zone) and Purdy was also running towards the end zone and when Eli finally turned his head Purdy threw/flicked the ball to Eli the LB leaped up and amazingly got picked it… unfortunate coz he bobbled it but ultimately ended it with the ball… would have tied it IIRC…

Reasons why we suck:

1. Purdy regression

2. Attrition of solid role players like Samson Ebukam, Azeez Al-Shaair, Jimmy Ward, DJ Jones, Charles Omenihu, Jordan Willis, Arden Key, etc. being felt.

3. Wilks

4. Stars not stepping up and having to rely on the likes of Isaiah Oliver, Clellin Ferrell, and Javon Kinlaw playing significant snaps🤮🤮

Back
Top Bottom