:::[Official] San Francisco 49ers 2024 Season Thread [1-1 @Rams 9/22 1:25PST]:::

Should UnicornHunter’s faithful card be revoked for his blasphemous Patrick Willis comments?

• Yes permanently

Votes: 31 79.5%
  • Yes temporarily

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • No

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Purdy needed to side arm that one to Mitchell, thats an automatic TD. Instead of going over the top.

His balls have been getting batted a lot lately too.

Reasons why we suck:

1. Purdy regression

2. Attrition of solid role players like Samson Ebukam, Azeez Al-Shaair, Jimmy Ward, DJ Jones, Charles Omenihu, Jordan Willis, Arden Key, etc. being felt.

3. Wilks

4. Stars not stepping up and having to rely on the likes of Isaiah Oliver, Clellin Ferrell, and Javon Kinlaw playing significant snaps🤮🤮
I really miss Shaair (super underrated) and WIllis on this team.

You guys wrote off Trey Lance after 3.5 games. His 3.5 games did not resemble what we just witnessed

Browns lost… Purdy put us into position to win, Moody missed the game winner plus another FG earlier in the game

Vikings lost… Defense was horrendous, especially that call at the end of the half by Wilks

If the Browns game was a different outcome… We wouldn’t be in this spot

You guys wrote off Trey Lance after 3.5 games. His 3.5 games did not resemble what we just witnessed

he also didn’t win his first 13 starts. so really there’s no point in bring that up. they’re not comparable

he’s gone bro, you need to move on

he also didn’t win his first 13 starts. so really there’s no point in bring that up. they’re not comparable

he’s gone bro, you need to move on

They goofed with the Trey pick on so many levels. He also caught some bad breaks beyond his control. But if we’re being objective here, Trey didn’t do much to help his cause either.

If he balled out during training camp and made the most of his chances, they aren’t trading him even if he requests a trade and they definitely aren’t trading him just for a 4th round pick if they do. He wasn’t a poor character guy or headcase so there was no urgency to move him if they thought something was there.

Maybe Trey gets his chance. I hope he succeeds. I’ll take all the “I told you so’s” from whoever on that if he does. But if you look at teams like New Orleans, Tampa, Atlanta, Washington or, hell pretty much any team with a transitional qb or no long term answer at qb. The fact none of them were willing to roll the dice and trade for him. That’s real telling to me.

That whole Trey stuff was just an anomaly on all ends to me though.

Reasons why we suck:

1. Purdy regression

2. Attrition of solid role players like Samson Ebukam, Azeez Al-Shaair, Jimmy Ward, DJ Jones, Charles Omenihu, Jordan Willis, Arden Key, etc. being felt.

3. Wilks

4. Stars not stepping up and having to rely on the likes of Isaiah Oliver, Clellin Ferrell, and Javon Kinlaw playing significant snaps🤮🤮

I hope this isnt in order.

Yall talking bout these 13 wins like they translated to a super bowl. He getting benched for Darnold.

Thank god it’s BYE week, still can’t believe he got trucked by Mixon… still can’t believe Mixon was running all over the field like he was Barry Sanders himself… is this real life?

For those bye week questions. It’s in Steve Wilks best interest to be adapting and accommodating to the strengths of his players. This is a guy that’s been a former head coach twice and was at the very least considered to have that interim tag lifted in Carolina last year. They did a good job once he took over for Matt Rhue last year. I’m sure he took this job thinking it would be a brief pit stop to raise his stock in hopes of getting one last shot at a head coaching gig.

It’s a week to week league. The defense looked weak in 2021 when Colt McCoy carved them up. Same thing last year when Mariota flourished against them in Atlanta. But all that was water under the bridge as they managed to put it together late. If the defense is playing at a high level in December against the Eagles and Seahawks. No one was going to be stressing Wilks over some early season struggles.

All day I’ve been trying to pinpoint where we’re going wrong but it’s everywhere right now. Oline misses Trent, deebo’s playmaking is missed, the dline hasn’t been getting home, secondaries been getting exposed and of course Purdy with the untimely turnovers. Other than CMC we aren’t doing much right lately.

Back
Top Bottom