:::[Official] San Francisco 49ers 2024 Season Thread [NFC CHAMPIONS]:::

Should UnicornHunter’s faithful card be revoked for his blasphemous Patrick Willis comments?

• Yes permanently

Votes: 31 79.5%
  • Yes temporarily

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • No

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Yeah definitely fumbled that trade for Trey, but it is what is. They struck gold with Brock and have a really good team.

There's no way Darnold is better than Trey. :smh:

I feel like Kyle has never really liked Trey to begin with. Dudes hasn't even had a chance at real playing time. I just know he is going to go to another team and flourish

This might be a harsh and bold take. But the way they were that irresponsible with three seasons worth of first round pick draft capital. It’s really win the Super Bowl or bust within the next few seasons and no excuses for anything less. Making the NFC championship and losing or even taking the L in the Super Bowl isn’t going to cut it.

And when I say being irresponsible with draft capital. It’s much more how they handled Trey Lance than anything. It would be one thing if they played him regularly his rookie year and he didn’t show much and continued to look underwhelming in 2022 and training camp/the preseason this year. You take the L, he had his shot and a potential franchise altering move didn’t pan out. But you can live with it. He played and got enough in game action to where it’s clear he didn’t have it. But when the guy you traded everything to get ends up being cast aside after essentially 3 full entire game starts, Starting the 2nd half of the game Jimmy got hurt against the Seahawks and starting for 1 quarter before he got hurt against the Seahawks last season. It doesn’t sit well.

Give the 49ers credit for fielding good teams the last few years and finding all types of steals in the later rounds of the draft to where they have a very talented roster They deserve all those accolades. But to essentially mismanage 3 consecutive 1st round picks. That can potentially set most organizations back significantly. I’m trying to be unbiased and not overreact. But how that whole Trey situation played out from start to finish. It just leaves a bad taste.

Last edited:
Mike McDaniel played his cards beautifully. Waddle and Cheetah were both pickups that came from directly from the capital we spent on Trey. Chubb too. Not to mention grabbing Mostert and Jeff Wilson among other ex-niners. They’re basically us if Tua stays healthy. Saleh has sky high expectations with the Jets as well and wasn’t afraid of going after Rodgers which is what we should have done with our win-now roster.

who here is selling their lance jerseys for $0.10 like the guy and his garoppolo jersey?
Starting bid on Lance jersey: trade for Jimny G jersey plus $0.10
20211212_155746.jpg

Trade lance for jimmy g 8) raiders eat his salary
Their rookie has been sharp all preseason, if Jimmy struggles or inevitably gets hurt he’s not a lock to start the whole season. The rook carved us up something terrible in our preseason game.

Told y'all they should've drafted Pitts over Lance.

But some will say, "Nah bro, they should picked Fields over Lance."

Me: "If they would've taken Fields over Lance, guess what....Purdy doesn't become a 49er. You want Fields over Purdy?"

I may have lost the bets to a few NT'rs 3 years ago when we didn't select Pitts but based on where we at now, i called it: Pitts > Lance.

Now that ATL has Bijan Robinson and Drake London, watch Pitts really emerge this year with Ridder under center instead of Mariotta.

People place too much importance on the draft. There are teams that always pick up top and continue to be terrible. We are a team that usually ends up picking very well in the later rounds. They took a swing on Trey and it didn’t pan out. I don’t think it’s anybodies fault. Dude has been pretty much hurt from the beginning and it’s completely halted his development. The Brock emergence was the nail in the coffin.

At the end of the day I only care about winning. This team has found a way to be a contender for a few years now and looks to continue to be one. We damn near have all pros at every position regardless of what they’ve given up or missed on in the draft.

Overall we are the most talented roster in the NFL. I don’t care how it happens, that’s up to them to figure out. I just want to win, and we have. Of course it hasn’t been the ultime prize, but the front office and coaching staff continue to put us in poisition to win a SB.

Who cares if Lance didn’t pan out. Look at our freaking roster. If thats what mismanagement looks like, sign me up for more.

Told y'all they should've drafted Pitts over Lance.

But some will say, "Nah bro, they should picked Fields over Lance."

Me: "If they would've taken Fields over Lance, guess what....Purdy doesn't become a 49er. You want Fields over Purdy?"

I may have lost the bets to a few NT'rs 3 years ago when we didn't select Pitts but based on where we at now, i called it: Pitts > Lance
Your Pitts take was wild and we never needed him. He’d be doing the same pass pro that Kittle has been reduced to doing. You were on the Trey train like the rest of us, fact is he never had a chance which is not his fault. Last years injury coupled with Brock ascending was the nail in his coffin.

People place too much importance on the draft. There are teams that always pick up top and continue to be terrible. We are a team that usually ends up picking very well in the later rounds. They took a swing on Trey and it didn’t pan out. I don’t think it’s anybodies fault. Dude has been pretty much hurt from the beginning and it’s completely halted his development. The Brock emergence was the nail in the coffin.

At the end of the day I only care about winning. This team has found a way to be a contender for a few years now and looks to continue to be one. We damn near have all pros at every position regardless of what they’ve given up or missed on in the draft.

Overall we are the most talented roster in the NFL. I don’t care how it happens, that’s up to them to figure out. I just want to win, and we have. Of course it hasn’t been the ultime prize, but the front office and coaching staff continue to put us in poisition to win a SB.

Who cares if Lance didn’t pan out. Look at our freaking roster. If thats what mismanagement looks like, sign me up for more.
Yeah, I have to look at the overall situation with optimism. But it's completely fair for Kyle and John to be criticized too.

Sam def didn’t “win” QB2. Trey and Sam both look mid and Shanny and co just wanna cut their losses at this point.

They’re keeping Brandon Allen tho lol.

Trey didn’t even wow enough for his ceiling to be worth keeping around as QB3

If he really gets moved like this right know I think we will know how they have felt about him

I was about to mention that, or Rosen in Arizona. Or Bradford getting 50 mill guaranteed on a rookie contract.

For me the Trey pick is up there with some of those all time bad picks given the circumstances. They traded a sizable haul to move up to draft him. Which makes the impact of the bad pick that much more magnified.

Had they just simply drafted Trey outright without trading anything else to do so. You take the L. Charge it to the game and view it as another of many high first round pick qb’s over the years who didn’t pan out.

The saving grace and silver lining is that they’ve managed to find value and talent in the later rounds of the draft to soften the blow and they don’t owe Miami any more first round picks. If Brock Purdy ends up being the long term answer at qb and they keep winning. The trade eventually becomes an afterthought.

Back
Top Bottom