:::[Official] San Francisco 49ers 2024 Season Thread [NFC CHAMPIONS]:::

Should UnicornHunter’s faithful card be revoked for his blasphemous Patrick Willis comments?

• Yes permanently

Votes: 31 79.5%
  • Yes temporarily

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • No

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The 49ers will host free agent Tim Hightower on Thursday.

Like many of the free agents San Francisco has signed, Hightower has a history with Kyle Shanahan from Washington. The 49ers have addressed their running game aggressively, trading for C Jeremy Zuttah, signing FB Kyle Juszczyk, and now hosting one of the NFL's better No. 2 backs for a visit. Hightower totaled 748 yards and five touchdowns on 155 touches in New Orleans last year.
I dont mind this.  Hightower was solid last year for the Saints.

mike williams was scootin' at his pro day

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-videos/0ap3000000793419/Mike-Williams-

that's 6'4" 218 lbs right there 
nerd.gif
 that translates to about ~4.6 at the combine. not bad for a guy his size.

Last edited:
We're gonna take a wide receiver or TE my opinion after a trade down.

Kyle loves TE's and WR's who can split out wide and play in the slot. With Washington his year with Jordan Reed in goalline situations they threw the slot fade often.

Man can browns just take Mitchell. Make the decision for lynch and Co.

Last edited:

does anyone have concerns about watsons are strength?  He doesnt seem to throw it very hard.
He's an athlete.  He'll increase it over time.  We look at how Russell delivers a lot of his balls and most of them look like touch passes.  I think in this offense, he won't be asked to throw a lot of bullets.

I'm completely fine with bolstering the offense first.  If last year proved anything to me, it is that the league has made it so that if you have a strong offense and a serviceable defense, you can still go pretty far.

after a small trade back, i'd take corey davis--even recovering from ankle surgery--over mike williams.

mike williams is a big dude, but he's a very average athlete. his route running is also crude; he basically ran like 3 routes at clemson and none of which was particularly impressive. i can't imagine this guy having as much success in the nfl with these NFCW big-bodied cornerbacks that can match his size and physicality, like richard sherman.

corey davis' game translates really well to the nfl. whether with route running, body manipulation or short-area quickness, corey can separate in multiple ways, and i believe he would have graded out as a good athlete at the combine.

corey davis and evan engram to kick off the draft. 
eek.gif
embarassed.gif

Last edited:
after a small trade back, i'd take corey davis--even recovering from ankle surgery--over mike williams.

mike williams is a big dude, but he's a very average athlete. his route running is also crude; he basically ran like 3 routes at clemson and none of which was particularly impressive. i can't imagine this guy having as much success in the nfl with these NFCW big-bodied cornerbacks that can match his size and physicality, like richard sherman.

corey davis' game translates really well to the nfl. whether with route running, body manipulation or short-area quickness, corey can separate in multiple ways, and i believe he would have graded out as a good athlete at the combine.

corey davis and evan engram to kick off the draft. :wow: :wow:  
If that were to happen our skill position guys would go from one of the weakest last year to 2017 being one of the more talented groups the Niners have had in 25 years

corey davis and evan engram to kick off the draft. 
eek.gif
embarassed.gif

I think a receiver like that can learn.  The problem for him is Dabo been calling the same plays for years and he was the receiver that was put in that role to spread the defenders for the other receivers.  He definitely goes up and gets the ball though.  With Watson's limitations, the fade was a perfect route for those two to run.  Renfrow played his role, and Cain when mentally available played his.

mike williams doesn't have this in the bag. CD gets the DB completely turned around. looking like amari cooper here.

V1veudz7JWlX2.gif

i hope i didn't hear what i think i heard on the radio.

Last edited:
nah, it was about a linebacker.

im probably just thinking too much. 
grin.gif

nm i misheard. it was a RB, not LB. disregard.

greg papa hinting at raiders talking to beast mode.

Last edited:
if we're not trading to get Kirk I'm on the O.J. Howard train. reminds me so much of Greg Olson. complete TE. blocking was better than scouts thought at the Senior Bowl.

I do like Evan Engram, but I'd take O.J. anywhere after #7 if we trade back.

huge Gator fan so I've seen both in action. Evan is too small to play on 1st and 2nd downs at this point. We need to establish the run, with no weak links along the line.

Back
Top Bottom