:::[Official] San Francisco 49ers 2024 Season Thread [2-2 vs Cardinals 10/07 1:05PST]:::

Should UnicornHunter’s faithful card be revoked for his blasphemous Patrick Willis comments?

• Yes permanently

Votes: 31 79.5%
  • Yes temporarily

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • No

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
In all seriousness. What’s stopping the 49ers from pretty much putting their foot down and saying if you don’t take the deal we’re offering you, you’re playing next season on your rookie deal and after that we’ll franchise you the following season unless we get a trade package similar to what the Texans got in the Deshaun Watson trade.

He hasn’t gotten his big deal yet so he would dumb as hell to be disruptive. If he doesn’t produce out of spite. All that’s doing is hurting his future earnings. If the relationship is damaged and shows no signs of being repaired. Why not just get as much use as they can out of him the next 2 seasons and let him sign wherever after that.

Deebo is free to sign wherever he pleases after the 2023 season. But until that time his leverage is minimal.

In all seriousness. What’s stopping the 49ers from pretty much putting their foot down and saying if you don’t take the deal we’re offering you, you’re playing next season on your rookie deal and after that we’ll franchise you the following season unless we get a trade package similar to what the Texans got in the Deshaun Watson trade.

He hasn’t gotten his big deal yet so he would dumb as hell to be disruptive. If he doesn’t produce out of spite. All that’s doing is hurting his future earnings. If the relationship is damaged and shows no signs of being repaired. Why not just get as much use as they can out of him the next 2 seasons and let him sign wherever after that.

Deebo is free to sign wherever he pleases after the 2023 season. But until that time his leverage is minimal.
That may be what happens tbh.

he’s just making himself look mad immature in the process. which sucks cause by all accounts he seems like a good dude

In all seriousness. What’s stopping the 49ers from pretty much putting their foot down and saying if you don’t take the deal we’re offering you, you’re playing next season on your rookie deal and after that we’ll franchise you the following season unless we get a trade package

Nothing is stopping them from doing this. And there's some reports from some people saying that is exactly the 49er's plan. That's what I meant by the 9ers or whoever they trade still own him. He has very little leverage

if he wants to be disruptive and refuses to report he will lose bonus money, if he doesn't play he will lose money and a season accrued towards his rookie contract, which will make him become an RFA in 2023

the only negative is the perception it gives other players. if the 9ers rope him down and force him into playing next season without giving him a monster contract it makes SF a less attractive destination to free agents, because they ultimately will want to try to pull similar ****

Depends how management feels about their perspective around the league. Previous reports and this Jimmy G situation and now this all building up. They even know they gotta get **** right with that Trey pick. In the end I think they give him his deal but Paraag gotta approve it too

I don’t know if I’m being a homer here. But the 49ers generally do right by their players. Warner and Kittle got paid. Kap got paid. Patrick Willis played his whole career with the 49ers. Vernon Davis was in his 10th season with the team when they traded him to a contender while in rebuild mode. Frank Gore signed a 1 day deal to retire a 49er. So compared to other organizations. It seems like they generally do right.

But the player needs to right by the organization as well. And Deebo isn’t doing that right now. By all means want out. But this passive aggressive subliminal social media **** is just a lame way to go about it. His reasons may be very well warranted, but the way he’s handling it isn’t.

That said. Outside of retaining their own players. They really haven’t been that active signing other teams star players for a while. So I really don’t think playing hardball here with Deebo (In a situation where you can make the argument it’s warranted) would hurt them in terms of perception around the league. There’s only 32 teams and so many roster spots. If push comes to shove. They’ll be able to sign players. And again it’s not like they’ve been actively pursuing top free agents to begin with.

Hell the New England Patriots have been as cutthroat as they come organization wise. It hasn’t hurt them landing players. And some teams can be more player friendly. But if the situation warranted it. They would play hardball with a disgruntled player too if it made sense.

This may be a stupid thought, but I wish the teams salary cap was relative to the teams location. 100m contract in a small market with low tax, and in a low cost of living state may be sometimes more appealing than in a state with high taxes and high cost of living. Kind of like how regular jobs pay different depending on where you live. Overall, the money should equal out though.

I don’t know if I’m being a homer here. But the 49ers generally do right by their players. Warner and Kittle got paid. Kap got paid. Patrick Willis played his whole career with the 49ers. Vernon Davis was in his 10th season with the team when they traded him to a contender while in rebuild mode. Frank Gore signed a 1 day deal to retire a 49er. So compared to other organizations. It seems like they generally do right.

But the player needs to right by the organization as well. And Deebo isn’t doing that right now. By all means want out. But this passive aggressive subliminal social media **** is just a lame way to go about it. His reasons may be very well warranted, but the way he’s handling it isn’t.

That said. Outside of retaining their own players. They really haven’t been that active signing other teams star players for a while. So I really don’t think playing hardball here with Deebo (In a situation where you can make the argument it’s warranted) would hurt them in terms of perception around the league. There’s only 32 teams and so many roster spots. If push comes to shove. They’ll be able to sign players. And again it’s not like they’ve been actively pursuing top free agents to begin with.

Hell the New England Patriots have been as cutthroat as they come organization wise. It hasn’t hurt them landing players. And some teams can be more player friendly. But if the situation warranted it. They would play hardball with a disgruntled player too if it made sense.
They can ply hardball but I don’t think they will. Deebo is represented by the the titans of representation. Their handling of this could potentially turn away many FA’s.

Also we’ve got captain America at GM. I think he’ll just trade him rather than drag it out.

You can give trash *** Jimmy $27 mil per but can't give your do everything wr over $20 mil? :smh:
I know the qb is supposedly the most important position on the field, but with Trey on a rookie deal, they can break bread for Deebo. The man played wr1, rb, punt and kickoff returner. And as mentioned, was the reason they made it to the playoffs and nfcc. When they needed the 1st against the Packers, they didn't rely on the qbs arm, they relied on Deebo.

Meanwhile jimmy g handling the deebo situation and his own situation with maturity and like a good teammate :lol:

Well, Jimmy doesn't have the talent to handle his situation any other way. :lol:

if he isn't willing to play RB... neither does Deebo

take away the rushing and you have a 10 TD rookie WR with one 1,000 yard season asking to be paid top 4 all star receiver money

He's also played each year with Jimmy throwing him the ball, and was still able to put up 1400 yards, so...
Also, let's not ignore last years qb situation.
His talent is far greater than him just being a good rb...the fact that he gets crazy yac puts him in the high value receiver category. Other dbs not mentioning him as one of the best solely because of his rb skills. Lets not fake hate him now because of this debacle going on :lol:

Nahh im cool with being upset about the way things are being handled, but we arent gona start downplaying Deebo’s importance and bag that he does deserve. I think we can all agree he damn near puts his body on the line too often, George as well. We get some first downs and/or big plays most teams and players don’t because of that extra effort and sacrifice

I ordered this back in January a few days before the Cowboys playoff game. It finally arrived today.

To say my excitement isn’t what it was when I initially placed the order would be an understatement. I can’t help but laugh lmao.

21ED0ABE-EE3F-4928-A600-929A70EC1678.jpeg
F6D3D51D-3EBF-4763-99E0-17E5FF78E40B.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom