:::[Official] San Francisco 49ers 2024 Season Thread [2-2 vs Cardinals 10/07 1:05PST]:::

Should UnicornHunter’s faithful card be revoked for his blasphemous Patrick Willis comments?

• Yes permanently

Votes: 31 79.5%
  • Yes temporarily

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • No

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Better situation? It was only a few weeks ago folks in here were adamant that Trey would perform better than the entire rookie class because he's in a better situation than his peers. What happened to that?
I've never said that. However, Mac is in a better situation because he's allowed to actually play because his head coach isn't afraid to play his 1st round rookie qb. And his coach actually knows how to develop players... Kyle on the other hand was going to sit whomever they would've drafted at qb.

To be far, Mac had more starts and practices working with the 1st-strings, the OC, and developing chemistry with his offense. Also, he had a better O-line. Naturally, he is a capable pocket-passer so the Pats playbook is suited for him.

Yes, Kyle would've sat whoever was taken at #3. He would've sat him, and he continues to sit him, because he believes he isn't ready. It might be about that time we all open the door to the possible thought of Lynch and Shanahan drafting a project for 2 years down the road rather than the immediate franchise QB. Remember, we all thought (fans, local media, and national pundits alike) thought this would be Jimmy's last year and he'll be released in the offseason. But what if that's not the plan? What if the plan is let him play out his contract because they don't believe Trey will be ready to take the reins next season because of how raw he is?

That's unfair to expect Trey to be 100% "ready" to be a started. Hell, Mac isn't necessarily "ready." I think the difference is though, BB knows how to develop his players in season and during a game to mode them to eventually be "ready." Kyle does not. And the whole thing about him ready for Trey to be "ready." Like what the hell does that even mean? Plus, how can you even determine if someone is ready or not if they don't have the opportunity to build with the starting offense?

That's unfair to expect Trey to be 100% "ready" to be a started. Hell, Mac isn't necessarily "ready." I think the difference is though, BB knows how to develop his players in season and during a game to mode them to eventually be "ready." Kyle does not.

I’m certainly not saying Shanny is Hoodie, but what the..

That's unfair to expect Trey to be 100% "ready" to be a started. Hell, Mac isn't necessarily "ready." I think the difference is though, BB knows how to develop his players in season and during a game to mode them to eventually be "ready." Kyle does not. And the whole thing about him ready for Trey to be "ready." Like what the hell does that even mean? Plus, how can you even determine if someone is ready or not if they don't have the opportunity to build with the starting offense?
Hoodie has always, to this day, taken players based on their strengths. He then implements those strengths in his weekly gameplan. Mac's success to this point isn't due to some rapid development, it's that he isn't asked to do more than what he already brought to the table. I find it a bit odd to say Shanahan doesn't know how to develop players. Yes, there have been a huge number of swings and misses at the top of the draft but players have developed. Do Kittle, Deebo, Warner, Bosa, Greenlaw, and Al-Shaair not count for anything?

Hoodie has always, to this day, taken players based on their strengths. He then implements those strengths in his weekly gameplan. Mac's success to this point isn't due to some rapid development, it's that he isn't asked to do more than what he already brought to the table. I find it a bit odd to say Shanahan doesn't know how to develop players. Yes, there have been a huge number of swings and misses at the top of the draft but players have developed. Do Kittle, Deebo, Warner, Bosa, Greenlaw, and Al-Shaair not count for anything?

agreed. Thats what this thread is nowadays tho, heavy on the negative, social media too when it comes to the squad. People acting like every team hits on all of their picks and we’re some outlier and clueless for whatever reason

Are you really saying that the guys on defense were developed by Kyle? Really... and I attribute Kittles and Deebos development to jon Embree and Wes Welker. If Kyle was to develop anyone, it would be at qb. But anyway, I don't want to sound too "negative " :lol:
So I guess time will tell and we would just have to wait and see how things play out.

Last edited:
Interesting. You choose to laude Belichick for developing his offensive players when he is a legendary defensive tactician but don't give the same praise to Shanahan for developing defensive players because he's an offensive minded coach.

Are you really saying that the guys on defense were developed by Kyle? Really... and I attribute Kittles and Deebos development to jon Embree and Wes Welker. If Kyle was to develop anyone, it would be at qb. But anyway, I don't want to sound too "negative " :lol:
So I guess time will tell and we would just have to wait and see how things play out.
1637400774521.gif

Can’t develop if you don’t play, period. Ask Jordan Love how keeping him on ice has worked out. He’s still got the rookie kinks a year and half into his career. Mahomes is the exception, not the rule. Shelving the #3 pick is dumb. People act like he laid a egg against Arizona, last time I checked that game was closer than the Colt McCoy whooping we caught at Levi’s. I’ll put it out there that Trey could have won any of the games we won with reps and Kittle and Mitchell available to play.

JJ Watt didn’t play in the game either. Point is, it’s Jimmy doing the same Jimmy stuff from 2017, I haven’t seen anything from him that looks clear cut starter worthy but it is what it is. Seems like Kyle made his mind up the moment he took Lance that he wasn’t playing until they figured out what to do with Jimmy.

Starting positions aren’t just handed out on this team. Kyle has stated as much. We’ve seen it applied with Aiyuk. Trey not starting isn’t because they can’t figure out what to do with Jimmy, it’s because he’s not better than him.

jimmy is jimmy. you’re gonna get games where he looks great and games where he looks like *** with most sprinkled in between.

he’s being given the chance to salvage the season and his job with the team. at this point point it’s put up or shut up for jimmy. i hope for his and the teams sake he continues to play like he did last week

Let the chips fall where they may the rest of the season. If they keep winning, Jimmy will likely remain the starter if he plays well. If they lose a few, they’ll eventually go with Trey the rest of the way.

As for Trey. If he’s putting that work in behind the scenes and getting better each day. That’s all I ask for and ideally he’ll be ready when his number is called. Be it at some point this season or going into next. But for now, I just want them to get that win today.

Back
Top Bottom