:::[Official] San Francisco 49ers 2024 Season Thread [2-2 vs Cardinals 10/07 1:05PST]:::

Should UnicornHunter’s faithful card be revoked for his blasphemous Patrick Willis comments?

• Yes permanently

Votes: 31 79.5%
  • Yes temporarily

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • No

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
If the defense shows out, we can def. win on Monday. We’re a good bad team, we could beat anybody if the defense and offense are both clicking but it’s been far and few in between this season.

Not to compare because it’s a different sport, but I’m also fan of the Braves

The same franchise for many years that were as cheap as they come finally made moves and spent money… Now they’re champions

Can’t always rely on draft picks especially when our drafts have been trash… If someone is out there that you feel can make a contribution then do what it takes to get that player
I live in the Atlanta area so I know what it is. The trade deadline acquisitions and post-season run is one for the books. Braves had no business winning the pennant, Giants vs Dodgers was the real WS imo.

Not to compare because it’s a different sport, but I’m also fan of the Braves

The same franchise for many years that were as cheap as they come finally made moves and spent money… Now they’re champions

Can’t always rely on draft picks especially when our drafts have been trash… If someone is out there that you feel can make a contribution then do what it takes to get that player
The big conundrum is that we don't have first rounders nor the cap space to add franchise players

When is the last time the 49ers signed a big free agent? Excluding Trent or anyone else who was on the team and resigned.

WR Anquan Boldin, signed in 2013 from Baltimore, FB Kyle Juszczyk, signed in 2017 from Baltimore, CB Richard Sherman, signed from Seattle in 2018, LB Kwon Alexander, signed in 2019 from Tampa, LT Trent Williams signed in 2020 from Washington, C Alex Mack signed from Atlanta 2021,

that's the best I can do as far as 'big names' go

i guess malcolm smith (LB) and dee ford (DE) were big names at the time too but injuries made them go bust.

probably honorable mention to robbie gould in 2017 for being 'big name' as far as kicker signings go

it's easy to say that the niners haven't made "big splashes" but i think this current FO has made attempts to add via trade/FA. jimmy, emanuel sanders, jerick mckinnon and tevin coleman are some names that immediately come to mind. it just sucks that JET, jimmy and TeCo were oft-injured. if Jimmy doesn't over throw Eman in the Superbowl, both of those trades looks brilliant.

i'm disappointed we missed out on OBJ, but did he want to come to this team given that our QB refuses to throw it beyond 10 yards?

OBJ didn't come here because we aren't competing for a SuperBowl. It doesn't have anything to do with our front office or Jimmy being the QB. If the team was better we would have been buyers at the trade deadline and could have possibly brought in some bigger named FAs that wanted to join a team that had a shot at going far. We're not that team right now.

Im pretty sure Kyle and the front office stuck with Jimmy this year thinking we still had a good team and could make a run at the SuperBowl. With everything that happened so far they were obviously wrong. Next year expect us to retool at a bunch of positions and move on to Lance freeing up a lot of cap space where we might be able to make a splash or two. The only problem is we are only going to have around 31 or so players under contract after this year ends so we are going to need to fill out the rest of the roster as well.

In the meantime, hopefully we can catch fire with an easy schedule upcoming and possibly make the playoffs. I think we would have to go 6-3 in the final 9 games which brings up to 9-8 to have a shot which is totally possible.

Mac Jones is looking like Tom Brady against the Browns. Dude is dealing and is already better than Garoppolo.

Is Mac Jones the real deal? Did the 49ers mess up yet again lol.
I'm sick.

Ntm Pat's defense is solid with a capital S. Would be crazy if Super Bowl ended up being Pats vs Bucs. Imagine the storylines 🔥

Last edited:
OBJ didn't come here because we aren't competing for a SuperBowl. It doesn't have anything to do with our front office or Jimmy being the QB. If the team was better we would have been buyers at the trade deadline and could have possibly brought in some bigger named FAs that wanted to join a team that had a shot at going far. We're not that team right now.

Im pretty sure Kyle and the front office stuck with Jimmy this year thinking we still had a good team and could make a run at the SuperBowl. With everything that happened so far they were obviously wrong. Next year expect us to retool at a bunch of positions and move on to Lance freeing up a lot of cap space where we might be able to make a splash or two. The only problem is we are only going to have around 31 or so players under contract after this year ends so we are going to need to fill out the rest of the roster as well.

In the meantime, hopefully we can catch fire with an easy schedule upcoming and possibly make the playoffs. I think we would have to go 6-3 in the final 9 games which brings up to 9-8 to have a shot which is totally possible.

OBJ probably wanted to go to a team that had a pass-first and pass-heavy offense so he could show out and earn himself another payday. rams have the #1 passing game in the league and look primed for a deep playoff run, makes sense for him to go to LA.

Back
Top Bottom