:::[Official] San Francisco 49ers 2024 Season Thread [2-2 vs Cardinals 10/07 1:05PST]:::

Should UnicornHunter’s faithful card be revoked for his blasphemous Patrick Willis comments?

• Yes permanently

Votes: 31 79.5%
  • Yes temporarily

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • No

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I have been trying to be positive and open minded but I cant trick my brain enough where I wouldn't be livid if we draft Mac Jones.

It literally makes no sense. Zero.

Jeremy Fowler from ESPN said that there are teams that don't even have a 1st round grade on Mac.

Jon Middlekauf says that Mac being drafted 3rd would be the most arrogant pick in NFL history (I agree).

I cant get behind this pick at all. I am prepared to hear his name announced, but I will be really, really pissed.
The Niners ain't that stupid to draft a QB who ain't even the best football player on his team let alone draft him at #3.

When the goal in 2021 is to Win the Super Bowl.

ShanaLynch going BPA to help this team win now.

Last edited:
To be honest I dont think its a terrible pick, I just hate how much they gave up to get him. Like if they would have stayed at 12 or even traded just a first to get up to 6 to take him, I would have been all for it. The part I struggle with is giving up two firsts and a third to move up and get him. If he is your guy he is your guy, but paying an arm and a leg for it is an overkill

Its hard to separate the trade from the pick for me which is sunk cost fallacy, but still difficult nonetheless
I'm glad you learned the concept of "Sunk Cost Fallacy" from me today.

Thank me on Thursday

and we'll see, mac jones COULD be good,....

the problem i'm having mentally is that this just has a lot of the makings of a CJ beathard situation. we've got a winning college QB in the draft, who other ppl don't grade super highly, that kyle mysteriously falls in love with, must have, trades up for, & then gets flattened in football games because he can't run if the pass pro breaks down

i think other people have said it/ roasted him with pictures enough but Mac Jones just doesn't LOOK super athletic, his throws are nice, soft touch, good spiral, but his body just doesn't pass the eyes test, he's flabby, he looks like that Tom Brady 2000 draft picture, only a little chubbier

like other people i'm having a harder time seeing him ball out when he isn't behind a brick wall O line or throwing to WRs that are 6 steps ahead of the man in coverage

it's so hard to know, it's so hard to tell, who would have thought trading up to a top pick, likely for a QB, which is what everyone was clamoring for at the end of the season, would bring so much drama

who does everyone THINK we draft Thursday night? I say Fields.

Trey Lance makes the most sense to me and who I think I want them to select. Has a ton of upside, played in a pro style offense, is super young, and has a cannon for an arm.

I think Shanny wins out though an picks his system QB which is Mac

4B8F27C5-F0F3-4BA3-8789-B557C55CE42E.jpeg

Looks like Kyle believes whoever they do draft will be starting right away. Curious if Jimmy G gets dealt on draft night.

But it does kind of sound like it's Jones lol based of his answer on having the same excitement for a QB at 12 and at 3 lolol.

WHY DOES HE KEEP SAYING THEY ARE GOING TO SELECT A QUARTERBACK WHEN PITTS IS ON THE BOARD!!!!!!!!!!!
Because he knows YOU and the Media will fall for it, gobble it up, and spam it on Twitter!

Chess not checkers. 49ers ain't that stupid to reveal who they plan on picking 4 days before the draft.

Thought you already knew man lol

Back
Top Bottom