:::[Official] San Francisco 49ers 2024 Season Thread [2-2 vs Cardinals 10/07 1:05PST]:::

Should UnicornHunter’s faithful card be revoked for his blasphemous Patrick Willis comments?

• Yes permanently

Votes: 31 79.5%
  • Yes temporarily

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • No

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I should’ve took that fields bet when Mac was the favorite.

I imagine that they had 2-3 guys in mind initially with the trade up, which is what they have said. I find it interesting (and a possible tell) that Kyle had John Beck working with Wilson, Fields, and Lance. A week-10 days ago it became apparent that it was a done deal for Wilson to go to the NYJ. Dropping us down to 2 prospects left, Fields and Lance. During the press conference Kyle also said he could “get there with 4-5 guys” meaning like another QB outside of their initial 3. The guy in question being Mac Jones. They went, saw his arm live, and crossed him off the board.

We have one more workout today that will solidify who we take, in my opinion. The only thing really left in this process, from an evaluation standpoint, is this workout. All the tape has been there for months and analyzed. On the flight home I think Kyle and John will be 99% on who they’re taking. Right now, I think Fields is circled, and will ultimately be the pick, after connecting all the dots. I do think Lance was seriously considered. Ima order my Fields jersey for myself 3god 3god and Bosa Bosa

It's being reported now by Colin Cowherd that he's heard from sources that SF is no way drafting Fields. This after Cowherd been saying all week that SF is drafting Fields.

Lol,nobody knows who SF is taking.

Media got everyone all dazed and confused.

I say SF taking best player available if Wilson goes to the Jets. That means either Pitts or Sewell imo.

If the Jets suddenly go dumb, they will take Fields, leaving Zach for the taking. Other than this scenario I do not see SF drafting any other QB at #3 including Jones.

Only two QBs the 49ers should be remotely interested in is Lawrence and Wilson if they somehow slip but that likely ain't happening so it's Pitts or Sewell for me.

Yes, I like being alone on this island and if I'm wrong I'll admit it, zero excuses.

But if I'm right....it's going to be chaos in here

9ers trying their best to keep the Fields hype down. Clear strategy in effect here.

It's being reported now by Colin Cowherd that he's heard from sources that SF is no way drafting Fields. This after Cowherd been saying all week that SF is drafting Fields.

Lol,nobody knows who SF is taking.

Media got everyone all dazed and confused.

I say SF taking best player available if Wilson goes to the Jets. That means either Pitts or Sewell imo.

If the Jets suddenly go dumb, they will take Fields, leaving Zach for the taking. Other than this scenario I do not see SF drafting any other QB at #3 including Jones.

Only two QBs the 49ers should be remotely interested in is Lawrence and Wilson if they somehow slip but that likely ain't happening so it's Pitts or Sewell for me.

Yes, I like being alone on this island and if I'm wrong I'll admit it, zero excuses.

But if I'm right....it's going to be chaos in here

C'mon man, we didn't trade three firsts for a second ******* tight end and we didn't just make Trent Williams the highest paid LT in the league to go trade up to take another tackle.

If Wilson doesn't go at 2, then he likely goes at 3. If Wilson goes at 2, its going to be either Fields, Lance, or Mac at 3. We didn't just trade up three first to select a player at a position where we already have a top player at said position.

C'mon man, we didn't trade three firsts for a second ****ing tight end and we didn't just make Trent Williams the highest paid LT in the league to go trade up to take another tackle.

If Wilson doesn't go at 2, then he likely goes at 3. If Wilson goes at 2, its going to be either Fields, Lance, or Mac at 3. We didn't just trade up three first to select a player at a position where we already have a top player at said position.
Do you actually know who Pitts is and how high he is regarded among pro scouts and GMs?

Yes he is listed as TE, but dude lines up in the slot, out wide, on the line. 6"6 freak of nature who plays more like a WR.

You can't tell me you wouldn't salivate with a lineup of Kittle, Pitts, Deebo, Aiyuk,Mostert and Juice. Ntm Deebo and Kittle are injury prone.

Why trade 3 first for a QB who gonna sit the bench when Niners have a SB CALIBER ROSTER RIGHT NOW?

And there is NOTHING and NOBODY coming out of Niners headquarters who has confirmed SF is 100% taking a QB. It's pure speculation at this point.

ONCE AGAIN, if Niners are trading Jimmy then I get it...draft a QB.

But Niners trying to Win Now and Jimmy is still slated to be the starting QB once the season starts.

Y'all can think I'm trolling but that's far from the truth. I'm DEAD SERIOUS, Niners should not take a QB unless somehow Lawrence or Zach is available at 3.

We 10 days away from The Decision.

Can't wait to see how this all pans out

Fine with me.

Right back atcha. It's like taking to a brick wall to everyone who is so certain that Niners are drafting Fields or Lance when there hasn't been any surefire indication from ANY 49er official that they will take either QB.

At this point y'all and I know that everything we spitting out are nothing but OPINIONS on who we think the Niners will draft.

You want Colin Kaepernick 2.0 or Cam Newton 2.0? Good luck winning a SB with that

Rational thinking: 49ers traded up for a tight end or LT when they have a top 3 player at each position. The 49ers will select a QB at 3 only if Wilson is available.

Irrational thinking: the 49ers are going to select a QB at 3 because Lynch and Shanny both said they were taking a QB

This is big brained stuff right here

1618861908543.gif

Rational thinking: 49ers traded up for a tight end or LT when they have a top 3 player at each position. The 49ers will select a QB at 3 only if Wilson is available.

Irrational thinking: the 49ers are going to select a QB at 3 because Lynch and Shanny both said they were taking a QB

Explain then why ATL traded away like 5 picks to land Julio Jones, a lock for the HOF, at #5, WHEN THEY ALREADY HAD ALL PRO RODDY WHITE at the time playing WR and HOF Tony Gonzalez at TE? Were you thinking Falcons were irrational back in 2011 when they made that pick?

Show me a quote from Lynch and Shanny where they both said they were no doubt taking a QB at #3? Cause as far as I'm concerned, Kyle and John do not leak anything and everything that has been "leaked" by the media is that SF is for sure taking a QB yet nobody from 49ers headquarters let alone Shanny has said they are 100% taking a QB.

I ain't falling for the smoke screens but go ahead and feel free to believe everything you hear on Twitter.

If it hasn't come from the horse's mouth, then all everyone doing is speculating and guessing

Last edited:
He conveniently left out the parts about Cowherd laughing at all the “Justin Fields is out of the picture” talk. Cowherd also did a whole segment about how nothing leaks out of SF. He brought up when Lynch was hired, he wanted to make sure nothing got out about him coming to the 9ers. And it didn’t, so he came to the 9ers. 🤣

This is an all time lesson in how to keep your hand in house.

Explain then why ATL traded away like 5 picks to land Julio Jones, a lock for the HOF, at #5, WHEN THEY ALREADY HAD ALL PRO RODDY WHITE at the time playing WR and HOF Tony Gonzalez at TE? Were you thinking Falcons were irrational back in 2011 when they made that pick?

Show me a quote from Lynch and Shanny where they both said they were no doubt taking a QB at #3? Cause as far as I'm concerned, Kyle and John do not leak anything and everything that has been "leaked" by the media is that SF is for sure taking a QB yet nobody from 49ers headquarters let alone Shanny has said they are 100% taking a QB.

I ain't falling for the smoke screens but go ahead and feel free to believe everything you hear on Twitter.

If it hasn't come from the horse's mouth, then all everyone doing is speculating and guessing

“We were hoping to get a younger guy in here eventually,” Shanahan said. “This year… we felt we had a chance to do it.”

“We needed to come out with the quarterback position being stronger this year,” Lynch said. “And I think we’ve put ourselves in [position] to make that happen with this move.”

“I feel pretty strongly that we were going to get left at the altar sitting there at 12,” Shanahan said.

“You want an elite player,” Shanahan said. “If you can get a guy who’s elite with his arm, and could play in that pocket and do her everything, and still run around and make off-schedule plays. That’s what you’ve seen with Mahomes. You know, and that’s, I mean, everybody wants something like that”

“If you’re going to draw it up, you’re going to draw the biggest, fastest, strongest, and the best quarterback in the pocket.”

But other than all that, they definitely havent said anything about taking a QB at 3

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom