:::[Official] San Francisco 49ers 2024 Season Thread [2-2 vs Cardinals 10/07 1:05PST]:::

Should UnicornHunter’s faithful card be revoked for his blasphemous Patrick Willis comments?

• Yes permanently

Votes: 31 79.5%
  • Yes temporarily

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • No

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
never thought the day i'd have to change my avy would come so soon.

whoever wears #99 next for the red and gold got some big shoes to fill. aldon, then defo...gamechangers

cutthroat league. life comes at you as fast as matt breida.

is it me or is RB becoming one the most expendable positions in all of sports? seems like every year, at least one elite running back is threatening to hold out and teams are daring them to go a season without pay

Last edited:
^ I think it is...That's way I'm always saying as well never draft a RB in the first round. So many good ones in the world available. Sometimes dudes just need a chance. Niners proved that especially.

Gurly, and Melvin Gordon is another guy..... played himself. Should've took that contract last year...now he aint even seeing close to that amount

is it me or is RB becoming one the most expendable positions in all of sports? seems like every year, at least one elite running back is threatening to hold out and teams are daring them to go a season without pay

It is, and it's even more magnified in this system.

That's why I can't get behind drafting RBs anymore. Sure, grab a guy on day 3 if they really want him, but there's going to be dudes who will go undrafted that can play. They just need a chance in the right system.

It is, and it's even more magnified in this system.

That's why I can't get behind drafting RBs anymore. Sure, grab a guy on day 3 if they really want him, but there's going to be dudes who will go undrafted that can play. They just need a chance in the right system.
Every single one of our running backs :rofl:

RB been like that for a few years now in this era of football.

There are exceptions like Zeke and Cowboys but they invested a top 5 pick in him.

RBs are like closers in baseball. They're important and vital to the team but at the same time, it's a fine line of deciding to break the bank and cash em out when it's been proven you can find the next guy up to do the same job just as well.

I like what Sanders gave us, and the veteran voice in the locker room for the young guys

but if they plan on keeping the 13th, let Sanders walk and draft Jeudy. A guy that can get separation with elite route abilities which is what Sanders provided.

Man, I don't know if the 49ers will grab a WR, but I spent today watching film and these Bama boys are special. I think Jerry Jeudy can't bust. His route running, footwork and ability to separate are that great--shades of Chad Johnson. And Ruggs is oozing with elite traits and game-breaking speed. The type of speed that would give Tyreek Hill a run for his money and DCs nightmares before games vs a Shanahan-led offense.

It kills me to lose Defo, but it's also a really exciting time to be a 49er fan knowing one of these dudes could be a 49er next month.

Man, I don't know if the 49ers will grab a WR, but I spent today watching film and these Bama boys are special. I think Jerry Jeudy can't bust. His route running, footwork and ability to separate are that great--shades of Chad Johnson. And Ruggs is oozing with elite traits and game-breaking speed. The type of speed that would give Tyreek Hill a run for his money and DCs nightmares before games vs a Shanahan-led offense.

It kills me to lose Defo, but it's also a really exciting time to be a 49er fan knowing one of these dudes could be a 49er next month.

bro, given recent events im nervous we wont be getting a draft :frown: :frown:

btw, niner brethren i hope you and your families are staying safe and healthy amidst this crisis.

ive been in a school setting for the past 30 years, as a student and now teacher, and to see them close schools in the bay area like this is unprecedented. to say it’s jarring is an understatement. i’m not in panic mode but **** just seems surreal. be well my Gs

cutthroat league. life comes at you as fast as matt breida.

it’s been like that for running backs. It’s an expendable position where you can get cheap decent production out of a later round pick or undrafted guy. Especially if you have a real good offensive line. Hell, look at all the 1000 yard season rushers the Broncos pumped out in the late 90’s-early 00’s.

I’m all for guys holding out to get paid when they outperform their current deal given the cutthroat nature of the NFL where you can get cut anytime with non guaranteed deals. But with Zeke being the rare exception, most running backs are operating from a position of little leverage in these holdouts.

btw, niner brethren i hope you and your families are staying safe and healthy amidst this crisis.

ive been in a school setting for the past 30 years, as a student and now teacher, and to see them close schools in the bay area like this is unprecedented. to say it’s jarring is an understatement. i’m not in panic mode but **** just seems surreal. be well my Gs
Be safe out here my G’s.

Back
Top Bottom