:::[Official] San Francisco 49ers 2024 Season Thread [2-2 vs Cardinals 10/07 1:05PST]:::

Should UnicornHunter’s faithful card be revoked for his blasphemous Patrick Willis comments?

• Yes permanently

Votes: 31 79.5%
  • Yes temporarily

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • No

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
McKinnon coming back deal restructured

Would love to see the details on this. If its anything more than a minimum contract with tons of incentives, its too much. We need it to be as small as possible so it wont be difficult to cut him before the season starts.

Ya all I’ve seen is that it’s league minimum for a vet.

maybe they threw him a bone or two with incentives

but I’m guessing if he Can’t show up, from a health or a playing perspective, he won’t cost more than the league Vet minimum to cut

it’s a total “prove-it”situation and I hope he shows up and balls out

With McKinnon onboard for a league minimum, Jeff Wilson jr signed, and Mostert still on contract, tevin Coleman’s gotta be in the hot seat

With McKinnon onboard for a league minimum, Jeff Wilson jr signed, and Mostert still on contract, tevin Coleman’s gotta be in the hot seat

WHich other niner fans have said but frankly doesnt make sense to me. From a financial standpoint it does, but from a football one it doesnt for so many reasons.

a) Breida was in the doghouse for his fumbling. IF he hasnt improved on those issues, he cant be trusted for anything other than garbage time.

b) Mostert looks incredible, but he has done it for one year. IF this past season wasnt the norm and he comes down to earth, we will need a reliable back to pair with him.

c) Jerrick. I dont even need to capitalize if this time, because to say "if he isnt healthy" is putting it mildly. We cannot count on him period. Even if he is 100% healthy, who knows if he is as good as he was. And who he was prior to injuries is a player who never once had a better season than Tevin Coleman. If we get anything out of him, it will be a plus. A bonus almost.

d) Wilson. I like Wilson. He was great in limited snaps and near the goalline. But can he be counted on for a big role in the offense? Not sure.

So if we cut Tevin Coleman which a lot of fans are suggesting, we are putting a lot of faith in guys with question marks. Obviously some are much bigger than others. But Coleman, while not flashy and not much better than solid, is reliable. We know what we are getting from him.

I just hope that if Coleman is cut, we have some other options to bring in. I am not comfortable with Mostert, Mckinnon, Breida and Wilson.

Last edited:
I really like Coleman. Also think that his injury before the super bowl, if that didn’t happen he would of had a better showing.

Man receivers are so fun to watch when it comes to the draft. At 13 overall I hope CeeDee Lamb, Henry Ruggs, or Jerry Juedy is the selection.

We’ve of course discussed ad nauseam how much resources have been dumped into receiver 3 years in with lynch/Shanny. These 3 receivers are game changers. Being regarded as a top 3 wide receiver in this class makes them super special.

CeeDee Lamb pro comp-Antonio Brown (on field)

Henry Ruggs pro comp- Tyreek Hill

Jerry Juedy pro comp- Odell Beckham

Didn't realize former Niner Purcell was nice like that.

I recall he showed some flashes while he was on team few years back.

Rams might finish last in the division...that defense is going to be BAD next year.

Just lost 4 of their top defensive players.

Rams might finish last in the division...that defense is going to be BAD next year.

Just lost 4 of their top defensive players.

They really going all in with Donald and Ramsey and they didn’t even pay Ramsey yet. That Rams situation makes me feel better on what Lynch is doing gotta make hard decisions i.e. Buckner to avoid cap hell.

Defo is built to play 10 more years in this league. It's shame only 4 of those will have been as a Niner. If I had to predict 1 guy who would play his entire career as a 49er, he would've been it.

bruh :smh: :frown:

giphy.gif

Yea class all around TBH. Its just crazy perfect situation, perfect player, perfect mentality. But the price wasn't right. WTF man

Yeah i feel like ive seen reports about contract negotiations dating back to last offseason. No way we wanted to part ways with Defo but I dont blame him wanting that contract. He’s performed and been class off the field well enough to command that type of deal, happy for him but selfishly i wish we could have got one more year but i get the business part of it on both ends

TBH, I had no idea that Defo was in that 20+ mil range.

We have too many good players to foot that bill.

Back
Top Bottom