:::[Official] San Francisco 49ers 2024 Season Thread [2-2 vs Cardinals 10/07 1:05PST]:::

Should UnicornHunter’s faithful card be revoked for his blasphemous Patrick Willis comments?

• Yes permanently

Votes: 31 79.5%
  • Yes temporarily

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • No

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Dang, a tough decision had to be made at DL but didn’t think it would be this one. I guess the team is expecting big things from soloman thomas

This trade hurts, but it's likely going to be a good move in the long run. Still, it ******* sucks to see such a good player and even better person leave just when the team is getting good. Defo was one of my favorite draft picks from the last ten years.

Really sucks losing Defo. It is always tough to get high character players, that play hard every snap with no off field issues. I am sure this was a tough one for them to do. I get it though but dam

Bittersweet feeling. Super pumped for the possibilities at pick #13 but had to trade Defo. Business move. Understandable.

now my dream of Ruggs/Delpit can now be a reality?!

I don’t care if it’s ruggs or jeudy or lamb. As long as we end up with one of those WRs and Delpit. I’m happy.

its a tough one.

lost one of our best players.

but we get to keep a guy who was really turnining, it up, armtead, and we get the 13th overall pick and the chance to save a lot of money by not paying defo 21 mil

the hardest choices require the strongest wills.

i think we came out on top. don't think we could have held onto defo. might as well get that sweet sweet #13 pick for him in year where we are totally strapped at the draft.

but I assume he's gonna be a monster for the Colts D line.

hopefully like I Was saying earlier Solly can naturally move into that spot. its where he played like a BAWSE in college. maybe defo gone will let solly get his shine on at tech DT.

I think part of it is, will he be replaced with a player of the same caliber or productivity? Whoever they draft or trade for better bring that same effort as DeFo

I think part of it is, will he be replaced with a player of the same caliber or productivity? Whoever they draft or trade for better bring that same effort as DeFo

Highly unlikely we replace his production with a rookie. The best bet is to pray that Dee Ford remains healthy for 17 games next season.

i really think its gonna be Solly.

Success of 49ers DeForest Buckner trade rides on Solomon Thomas

The third part, mitigating the loss of Buckner, will prove the hardest, simply because you don’t just replace a Pro-Bowl-caliber player with a flick of the wrist. That said, the 49ers have one player who can make this trade look like an unquestioned success: Solomon Thomas.

Thomas was the third overall pick from the 2017 draft whose greatest benefit to the 49ers has been the trade that moved the Niners down a slot to select him and got them linebacker Fred Warner in the process. Thomas had been played out of position as an outside end for the majority of his career, and when he was given opportunities on the inside, it didn’t match up to the expectations of a player at his draft position.

That said, Thomas flashed signs of life and talent during the 2019 season, especially when playing alongside more talented defensive compatriots. The position he also plays, when utilized most effectively, is the very one Buckner inhabited. Entering the final stages of his rookie deal, Thomas has all the opportunities to make a name for himself.

If we are reliant on Solomon Thomas, we are f***ed.

I think paying him $4.5m to play elsewhere would be better for the team than to pay him $9M to play for us.

Unfortunately i think it was a move that had to be made, pretty sure we all loved Defo and have nothing bad to say about him, dude was absolute class on and off the field and never someone we even worried about not showing up and making a difference. Glad he secured the bag for him and his family but I just know he wishes he could run it back one more time next year with this squad and staff we have. Hope he continues to thrive in Indy, they just received a damn BEAST

Back
Top Bottom