:::[Official] San Francisco 49ers 2024 Season Thread [2-2 vs Cardinals 10/07 1:05PST]:::

Should UnicornHunter’s faithful card be revoked for his blasphemous Patrick Willis comments?

• Yes permanently

Votes: 31 79.5%
  • Yes temporarily

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • No

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
exactly, acting like "trust the process" is always the answer. there's a reason why GMs get fired frequently. I understand their credentials but just because they are in that position DOESN'T mean they are making the optimal decision.

we deserve to be mad when we've sucked this long, built up the "rebuild" capital and it turns out it was mishandled and opportunity passes by.

They were already going after the guys we wanted, but too conservative to make deals happen.

The only thing I'm really going to fault them for at this point was the 2017 draft which is looking worse and worse by the day. 2018 draft class looks like its going to be pretty good. We are no longer starting Blaine Gabbert on offense. We had more YPG and PPG than half the NFL last year without our starting QB, 1st-5th string running backs, and number 1 receiver most of the year.

Our defense was really bad last year, but honestly, who did they start with? Deforest Buckner and Arik Armstead? Not exactly a stout defensive base to begin the rebuild. Our defense was absolutely decimated with retirements/aldon smith bat**** craziness after Harbaugh left. Lost Justin Smith, Bowmans career was pretty much dead due to injuries, P Willy, aldon smith, and McDonald. That was probably one of the worst talent exoduses I've ever seen in like a year or 2 period. That is going to take time to rebuild because you can't do it all in free agency.

We are far from our 1/2 win seasons and are in a much better position today than we were 3 years ago.

Some of ya'll just don't get it.

The chances of any of you even reading this are slim to none but got to throw this out there.

As someone who coached a college sport full time for 4+ years and involved heavily in professional baseball shortly after, the majority of the general public does not know how sports, especially free agency/recruiting go. You read these twitter reports of "who should go where", "this guy is the best fit", "10 top sexiest draft free agents for ___ team". The reality is this, there are so many external factors that go into a guy making a decision.

When I was recruiting we had players choose to go cross country for the wildest reasons, "oh my great grandmother lives in mass so I want to live with her to save money on school" to "they offered this wildly specific major", yeah at a certain point I just needed to get the job done and find the guys that fit our scheme and legit win with them and we did.

The way it doesnt work is, "we offered him the most money why didnt we get him" or "twitter said we were favorites so automatically Lynch ****** up", these guys make decisions based on factors we have little to no knowledge. You think if Lynch really wanted AB he would have gotten him? The dude was practically begging to come here, but for some reason Lynch thought he was not a good fit.

Do not sit here and get caught up in the twitter reports from "insiders" or "experts", majority of the time these guys are getting fed information from agents to drive up the price for their client or to create a bidding war. I trust Lynch and Co because this team three years ago was the laughing stock of the league, legit laughing stock.

In 3 years we've added:

A franchise QB
A solid RB+Backup
An all pro FB
An all pro TE
3 mediocre recievers through draft+FA
An all pro DT
A stud rookie LB
Now a stud LB next to him
Pro bowler DE/OLB hybrid in Ford
Hall of fame DB

Come on.. thats 9 pro bowl quality players added to the roster.

You all are getting caught up on the should haves and the what ifs, face it, sometimes guys just don't want to come here, is every guy that twitter targets going to be in red and gold? no, but to sit here and think Lynch and company didn't try.. ****. Don't get me wrong, it's time to win, but patience my dudes

I know some of you guys have to remember when this dude was coming out he was a big fan favorite around here. Local kid. Dude is really good but can't stay healthy. He's also far from their prototype.

Verrett has talent no doubt about that, but we better pay him appropriately based on performance over the last three years and not talent. I don't mind a 1 or 2 year prove it deal, but if we give him 4 years at mid market money that would be extremely disappointing.

Is this a move that signifies that McKinnon might need some time+Breida always being hurt?

Thank god morris is gone, guy should be in the AAF.

Just read in the nfl thread, McKinnon doesn’t have any money guaranteed this year... Do they try and trade him or go with the 3RBs?

Just read in the nfl thread, McKinnon doesn’t have any money guaranteed this year... Do they try and trade him or go with the 3RBs?

I gotta think keep all three. Our backfield was plagued with injuries last year and wasn't very versatile after Breida who isnt all that versatile catching the ball. I'm guessing they dont want that to happen again. Besides, we still have a 35M in cap space so its not like there is much else we are going to be doing with it at this point.

Back
Top Bottom