:::[Official] San Francisco 49ers 2024 Season Thread [2-2 vs Cardinals 10/07 1:05PST]:::

Should UnicornHunter’s faithful card be revoked for his blasphemous Patrick Willis comments?

• Yes permanently

Votes: 31 79.5%
  • Yes temporarily

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • No

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
If he was playing his natural position it would be a solid to great pick. Anywhere else and that pick is feast or famine, and so far it’s famine.

They had class together :lol:

But let’s not pile on Solly. If I remember correctly he certainly was highly touted and consistent mocked in the top 5. It’s not like it was a crazy pick.
Solly came on slightly strong to end the year. Still looks stiff as hell out there in his upper body. But still very powerful if you watch him closely he can really thrust guys backwards at times.Hands are getting better. Fooled by misdirection often though.

Watching the Rams game Joshua Garnett actually slowed down Aaron Donald at times. I know he’s injury prone but I would like the club to let him stay one more year finish out his rookie deal.

Is it safe to say we going straight for Quinnen Williams if of course Bosa goes first?

Cant wait to catch him play on Monday for bama.

No argument they have bigger needs at other positions, but a lot of times BPA overrules everything In these drafts

I’d love to see us sign or draft a WR Piere Garcon has been washed out since we got him and Marquise Goodwin seems cashed

If it didn’t mean getting badly raped for picks I’d take Antonio Brown, and a lot of the signs keep pointing towards it

He'd probably play all three downs at Leo, so in that regard, he'd be a huge upgrade if he's on the field. They could then move Solly to big end to replace Armstead. The rookie could get on the field as a nickel edge rusher or possibly play a little SAM LB.

I am surprised you are advocating this red. Niner fans (especially the overly optimistic ones who refuse to say Solly has been a massive disappointment), claim that THE reason he hasnt shown much is because he is playing out of position. And you seem to be thinking that is ok. I am surprised.

I say keep him inside for another year, and if he doesnt show marked improvement, snip snip.

While it's not ideal, big end is more similar to what he did at college because he's playing head up over the tackle than at leo where he's in space and angled. Also, Solly played exclusively on the left side in college. Playing on the left at big end could also help in that regard because some guys are more comfortable to a specific side and dominant with a certain hand.

Ultimately, there's nowhere else to play him in base because Defo is at 3, and they're not going to play him at nose. I think the overarching frustration stems from Saleh's reluctance to play him inside in nickel. He refused to deviate from his bigger nickel package that kept Earl Mitchell on the field in nickel. The good thing is that changed toward the end of the year.

btw I'm only talking about base where Solomon currently plays Leo. If they were to sign Ziggy, he'd likely take over every single Leo snap in base and nickel. Moving Solly to big end in base is virtually a lateral move because there's nowhere else to put him.

In nickel, we all agree that Solly should be playing inside next to Buckner.

Last edited:
They do have Markus Golden and Chandler Jones at DE but I still dont see them passing on Bosa. If they did that they probably see if they can trade down to someone who would pick him 1.
Wonder if 49ers will have any interest in Markus Golden he will be Unrestricted Free agent this offseason.

He had a down year compared to 2017 when he had double digit sacks.

Lynch said on the radio a few weeks back that Solomon would be best playing inside but hasn't earned that position yet. I wonder if theyll trade AA to free up a spot.

Wonder if 49ers will have any interest in Markus Golden he will be Unrestricted Free agent this offseason.

He had a down year compared to 2017 when he had double digit sacks.

Tearing his ACL may have been the death blow for Golden. He was a pretty bad athlete coming out of Mizzou. Who knows if he ever regains the little athleticism he had before the injury.

Trent Brown enters free agency as the highest rated LT available.

He’s bout to get paid.

There’s big time demand for O-lineman in the league and not enough supply.

A bit off topic but national championship prices seem to have plummeted for anyone interested.

Well he deserves it he’s pretty good

But he’s got something against us from his time here so **** him
He’s not necessarily a liability with Run blocking but no way in hell he can do what McGlinchey is capable of in Run game.

McGlinchey was an A+ pick thus far dude really gets out of his stance and pulls as good as any Elite tackle in the league. He has a nasty streak too.

How about Fred Warner? Kid is the youngest dude on the team(22 yrs old), started at Mike LB calling the defense, and this was the first time in his career playing a whole season at stack LB.

Back
Top Bottom