:::[Official] San Francisco 49ers 2024 Season Thread [2-2 vs Cardinals 10/07 1:05PST]:::

Should UnicornHunter’s faithful card be revoked for his blasphemous Patrick Willis comments?

• Yes permanently

Votes: 31 79.5%
  • Yes temporarily

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • No

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
No way in hell would I swap first rounders for AB, to me a 2nd or 3rd and some chamge at the most.

I would take AB over OBJ. AB is unreal. His work ethic is unmatched. He would set records in kyles offense. AB is the clear cut best WR in the game, anybody who says pass does not have the teams best interest in mind. I don't want to get my hopes up as we never land a huge name player, but we would instantly be catapulted to one of the top offenses when healthy.

Have you cooled on Montez Sweat?

I still think he can be really good if he finds good situation.

A little bit. That and I like Polite and Burns a lot.

And your assessment of Ferrell is spot on. Ferrell vs Jonah Williams is going to be a key matchup to watch the the natty.

I would take AB over OBJ. AB is unreal. His work ethic is unmatched. He would set records in kyles offense. AB is the clear cut best WR in the game, anybody who says pass does not have the teams best interest in mind. I don't want to get my hopes up as we never land a huge name player, but we would instantly be catapulted to one of the top offenses when healthy.

I don't know about all this, but I can see what people's hesitation would be in acquiring him. If it costs us multiple first rounders (including our number 2 pick this year) AND we are paying him $20M a year then im out. I love Antonio Brown and he is my favorite wide receiver, but he will be 31 going into next season and makes a **** load of money.

If its a couple second rounders or a second and a third, im all in. Bring him in, have him help out Pettis, then we have a top tier receiving core with AB, Pettis, Goodwin, and Kittle. But if we have to hamstring our future for the guy im out. Not doing it.

Y’all boys tired of Red81 telling you “He’s not Kyles type”

Here’s a guy that is.

And he’s Antonio Brown’s cousin.

Big weakness with him is lack of physicality though. Not gonna bring much in the blocking department Kyle loves receivers that block well.

Y’all boys tired of Red81 telling you “He’s not Kyles type”

Here’s a guy that is.

And he’s Antonio Brown’s cousin.

Big weakness with him is lack of physicality though. Not gonna bring much in the blocking department Kyle loves receivers that block well.

He is fast as hell, but my goodness, 160 pounds? That boy will need to bulk up, but most mocks Ive seen have him going in the middle-late first round so I don't think we have a shot at him unless we trade up/back.

I don't want to get my hopes up as we never land a huge name player

Deion Sanders, Justin Smith, Richard Sherman, David Akers, Ken Norton Jr, Carlos Rogers, are all "big name players" we landed in free agency, I'd say even an argument could be made for Robbie Gould.

Steve Young, Jerry Rice, and Charles Haley were all trades.

So we do land big name players, just perhaps not as often as the fan inside us would like to see.

Ppl just get all hyped and crazy, like they did last year, thinking we were gonna sign Richard Sherman and then Odell Beckham Jr and Rob Gronkowski in the same offseason. :lol: Might as well throw in JJ Watt, Christian McCaffrey, DeAndre Hopkins, and Landon Collins while we're at it.

I would only count the players acquired during the York's ownership. Justin Smith and Nate Clements are the two biggest FA player signings that come to mind. I'm sure I'm missing someone. Signing Harbaugh was the biggest one of them all. I wanted him so badly to be the coach of the 49ers during 2010. I couldn't believe the Yorks pulled it off when it happened lol.

same convo every season with people wanting free agents. just isn't the way football operations works. you win and build off good drafting. time and time again, you just cannot buy good team. we'll see with the Rams. But they are able to sign a ton due to a lot of drafting and rookie contracts at key positions one being QB.

But they are able to sign a ton due to a lot of drafting and rookie contracts at key positions one being QB.

They really haven’t been great at drafting
LT Andrew Whitworth Free agent
C John Sullivan Free agent
RG Austin Blythe Free Agent claimed off waivers
WR Robert Woods Free agent
WR Brandin Cooks acquired through trade
DT Ndamukong Suh Free agent
DE Dante Fowler acquired through trade
CB Marcus Peters acquired through trade
CB Aqib Talib acquired through trade
CB Sam Shields Free agent
ILB Mark Barron acquired through trade

Point is there’s different ways to skin a cat. Rams success is a lot like Eagles last year when they were wheeling and dealing before the trade dead line and offseason.

Hate to spoil it if ya going to watch the masked singer show. Just turned on the tv and the masked person was revealing himself..it was AB...aka dude was doing publicity stunts with 49ers for this show?

How pissed would you guys be if the Niners drafted a nose tackle at 2? Because I'm starting to see some people put him at #1 on their big board.

And yes, he is that good lol.

Back
Top Bottom