:::[Official] San Francisco 49ers 2024 Season Thread [2-2 vs Cardinals 10/07 1:05PST]:::

Should UnicornHunter’s faithful card be revoked for his blasphemous Patrick Willis comments?

• Yes permanently

Votes: 31 79.5%
  • Yes temporarily

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • No

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Now that the season is over, can we get an honest assessment of the 2017 and 2018 drafts?

Outside of Breida and Kittle, 2017 was an absolute failure of a draft. Gotta be one of the worst we have had in awhile. Solomon, Foster, Witherspoon, CJ, Joe Williams. All terrible picks.

2018 looks promising, I hope they don't take a huge step back like the 2016 draft did outside of Breida and Kittle

2017 looks bad now, but it looked solid last year. My rule of thumb is typically three seasons for a player, so I'll hold off judging them until after next season.

2018 looks good now. We'll see how they do next season.

2017 draft looking real suspect. This team has more needs going into this season than we though ending last year

2017 draft looking real suspect. This team has more needs going into this season than we though ending last year

Yeah I think we all got a little too hyped after that 6-0 stretch with Jimmy. I feel pretty confident about our offense though. We dont have a lot of needs there. If we pick a DE that isnt a complete bust, convince Earl Thomas to sign, use some picks on CBs and linebackers then I think we should be a lot better.

I feel a lot more confident about this team than someone like the Cards, Raiders, Jets, Bills, bucs. Most of our problems I think we can address this offseason

Do the senior bowl coaches get to work with all the players? Or is it once you have your team you only work with that half only? Not sure how long the process is leading up to the game. Would be nice if it was like two weeks of practice.

It’s a Smart move coaching these kids cause you def get a closer look and can make those late draft picks really pay off.

Do the senior bowl coaches get to work with all the players? Or is it once you have your team you only work with that half only? Not sure how long the process is leading up to the game. Would be nice if it was like two weeks of practice.

It’s a Smart move coaching these kids cause you def get a closer look and can make those late draft picks really pay off.

I'm 100% sure about, but I believe they only get to work with their team but can interview anyone. The entire event is one week long.

If the Niners get Josh Allen on their squad, the Senior Bowl already will be a success because they need to do all the homework they can on him. I have a feeling they're going to love him. Dude seems like a great kid, but he needs to show he's more than a one-trick pony in Mobile, Alabama.

Last edited:
Pettis has the ability to be a special player.

5 TDs on only 27 receptions. i have to imagine his future is bright. solid footwork and good breakaway speed. hope that knee injury he sustained at the end of the season doesn't linger

5 TDs on only 27 receptions. i have to imagine his future is bright. solid footwork and good breakaway speed. hope that knee injury he sustained at the end of the season doesn't linger
We’ll see....

I’m still salty because we coulda had Landry.

I think he'll be fine. His situation is very similar to Kittle's last season. Injuries derailed the year, but the flashes were hard to ignore. Pettis should be even better next season with another year in an NFL weight room and learning how to take care of his body.

I loved Landry, but I loved Pettis, too. I hope they both become special players.

And we got kittle too.. back to waiting a lonnnng time for next season lol

I have a bad feeling that we’re gonna have to do Hardknocks....

We’ve been able to side step it for far too long.

Now that the season is over, can we get an honest assessment of the 2017 and 2018 drafts?

Outside of Breida and Kittle, 2017 was an absolute failure of a draft. Gotta be one of the worst we have had in awhile. Solomon, Foster, Witherspoon, CJ, Joe Williams. All terrible picks.

2018 looks promising, I hope they don't take a huge step back like the 2016 draft did outside of Breida and Kittle
If your gonna consider getting an all pro (Kittle)at one of the most important positions in the game today(Tight end) as being a failure draft then I’m baffled.

Yeah Solomon hasn’t met his 3rd overall billing but if your able to land an all Pro in any draft and all the other picks don’t pan out that’s at least a C+ draft overall.

I just feel like Failure of a draft is a label you can only put on drafts like 49ers 2012 draft.

If your gonna consider getting an all pro (Kittle)at one of the most important positions in the game today(Tight end) as being a failure draft then I’m baffled.

Yeah Solomon hasn’t met his 3rd overall billing but if your able to land an all Pro in any draft and all the other picks don’t pan out that’s at least a C+ draft overall.

I just feel like Failure of a draft is a label you can only put on drafts like 49ers 2012 draft.

I mean, I would consider striking out on two firsts, two thirds, and a fourth rounder a failure. Dont get me wrong, kittle is amazing and is basically a first rounder, but that draft has thus for been extremely sub par

2017 draft is like when you slacked all semester and are failing badly but the professor is cool so if you pass the final on a last ditch effort you get a C......

Kittle is the equivalent of getting an A on your Hail Mary final.

To be fair he did say outside of Brieda Kittle. Yup failure so far. Solomon needs to start playing like the 3rd pick next year to save that draft class.

This time last year folks on 49ers boards were saying if the Team were to get anything out of Pita Taumoepenu that 2017 was an A draft.

I guess that’s why I’m reluctant to call it a failure draft. This year was a long year for a lot of guys. If Solomon Thomas, Adrian Colbert (I want team to upgrade at Free Safety) and Ahkello Witherspoon are starters to begin the year next year I can’t subscribe to the idea that the draft deserves failure status.

Back
Top Bottom