:::[Official] San Francisco 49ers 2024 Season Thread [2-2 vs Cardinals 10/07 1:05PST]:::

Should UnicornHunter’s faithful card be revoked for his blasphemous Patrick Willis comments?

• Yes permanently

Votes: 31 79.5%
  • Yes temporarily

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • No

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
What do the Raiders want for Joseph!?

This is still to this day the hardest hit I've ever seen in football. Talk about running through your opponent. KJ didn't slow down one bit. Dude is a destroyer. BTW, that was our Goodwin who got KTFO.

Falcons have this kid named Damontae Kazee that is everything I thought Karl Joseph would be in the league. Kazee is a baller.

What do the Raiders want for Joseph!?

This is still to this day the hardest hit I've ever seen in football. Talk about running through your opponent. KJ didn't slow down one bit. Dude is a destroyer. BTW, that was our Goodwin who got KTFO.

that title though..."kills a man" :rofl: i would call it an overreaction but the sound of that hit sounded like it could be season ending

on another note, i wonder if football players get legit PTSD when they see opponents who hit them like that later on their career, word to Kam rerouting VD's career trajectory

in terms of Colbert falling off this season, how much of it can be attributed to Saleh's defensive scheme for the secondary? is he putting too much responsibility on the safety?

i was watching this play that was posted and that single high safety is caught in a damned if you do-damned if you don't situation. the WR that lines up opposite of sherman makes a simple post route in the direction of colbert and he has to decide between taking on him or graham. he takes on the post WR and we see what happened. i get that ward got caught with his eyes in the backfield but why is Saleh lining up ward that close to the line of scrimmage to begin with?

giphy.gif

Nah, the free safety's responsibilities in this scheme are manageable. We're used to seeing Earl Thomas go above and beyond, but the primary responsibilities of the free safety are:

-No seams, no posts. This means nothing deep up the middle.
-Numbers to numbers if you see it after rule #1. This means he has the freedom to defend out to the numbers as long as no seams and no posts are present.

In that GIF above that I made, there are two glaring blunders: 1.) Jimmie Ward not defending his deep third 2.) Nobody jamming Jimmy Graham. He had a free release.

Last edited:
In any sport I dont get why teams trade away their top players. Oh we are trading away khalil, or demarcus cousis or machado for a chamce to draft hopefully another khalil, cousins or machado.

Gruden really flipping Oakland off in their last year there. Dude really traded 2 of his top 3 players. Set that franchise back 5 years with what he’s doing.

Three years ago, the Raiders' future looked as bright as any team in the NFL with their three cornerstone players of Mack, Carr, and Cooper. Today, two are gone, and the other could be gone this week.

Crazy ****.

I want Karl Joseph. I need to know what Gruden wants for him.

Last edited:
Gruden really flipping Oakland off in their last year there. Dude really traded 2 of his top 3 players. Set that franchise back 5 years with what he’s doing.

Don’t be surprised when he makes that 3 and ships Carr off to take Eli Manning or Blake Bortles job.

He's definitely not getting that. Unlike the other guys, Joseph hasn't shown much. He was misused under Del Rio and is in the doghouse with Gruden.

Definitely not a first or a second, but I'd begin contemplating a deal for a third. Definitely pull the trigger for a fourth.

I wish we could swap players.

Back
Top Bottom