:::[Official] San Francisco 49ers 2024 Season Thread [2-2 vs Cardinals 10/07 1:05PST]:::

Should UnicornHunter’s faithful card be revoked for his blasphemous Patrick Willis comments?

• Yes permanently

Votes: 31 79.5%
  • Yes temporarily

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • No

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
To me, the Niners kept trying to arm tackle Melvin Gordon at pad level but good luck with that! They should be going low and trying to wrap up. Poor angles from the DB’s...I remember one from Exum in the 4th that was due to a poor angle. Everything stems from the coach and ultimately Robet Saleh is to blame.

This man may have been able to save Saleh's job. The scheme does not work without edge rushers. I would have started flipping tables over in the war room once he began slipping. Zero excuses to sit back while a talent like this falls.

****in damn it that’s the exact same way ahmad brooks made brees fumble a few years back

Bro I love Harold Landry ended up watching last 2 titans games cuz I taped them. He is downright explosive. His get off is better than it was last year by a large margin.

49era gonna have to add a QB. Beathard is ****in crazy. He doesn’t wanna slide or even go down. This style of play can only last so long.

I love CJ tho dude has so much testicular fortitude as my old coach used to say.

CJ gained respect from me and everyone in that locker room if he didn’t already have it. Dude is tough as ****. That one throw he completed to juice while taking a huge shot was impressive

I don't know if Saleh is around next season, but if he is, the team should make a heavy push for Earl Thomas. I bet that dude would love to get paid, play in the same scheme with Sherm and most importantly, stick it to the Seahawks as a Niner. He's got a ton left in the tank.

we are def the worst tackling defense in the league
Yes, there were two plays where I saw Witherspoon and Exum simply try to hit the receiver instead of attempting to tackle. So annoying.

Lord of Thunder looked good. Definitely more comfortable than last year. His chemistry with Kittle is going to be key.

I like the Brieda and Morris combo.

I really thought the Niners were going to win. Put my daughter down for a nap and when I checked my phone, they were losing lol.

I don't know if Saleh is around next season, but if he is, the team should make a heavy push for Earl Thomas. I bet that dude would love to get paid, play in the same scheme with Sherm and most importantly, stick it to the Seahawks as a Niner. He's got a ton left in the tank.
I really wanted to snag Earl this off-season when the trade rumors were out there. I knew it was Highly unlikely they’d trade such a good player inside the division.

We need more pieces.

37 passing attempts for CJ. That's just bad game planning / bad adapting / and bad adjusting. Probably due in part to all of our RBs being injured, but regardless you don't try and have CJ in his first start back throw the football almost 40x.

For comparison Mitch Trubisky had 26 attempts, Jared Goff had 26 attempts, Russel Wilson had 26 attempts, and Tom Brady 35.

CJ should fall somewhere within that range. 26 to 32 attempts per game sounds about right for a QB with his thus far showcased talent and experience.

Breida needs to get the ball more, definitely could use the 20 touches

Especially considering we were winning for a decent amount of the game.

I feel like it its the same thing he did in ATL that cost them the super bowl.

Run game going good? Up in score? Let's stop running it and start over-passing.

I'll save Kyle the hot-seat this time because all of our RBs are injured, so he probably had to call more passing plays than he may have wanted but still.

Gotta get creative. Start using the jet sweep, the end around, try handing it off to Juice (especially on some of those 4th & 1s), can't turn CJ Beathard into a pitching machine out there.

Dont have issues with the attempts. Only issue imo is his QBs trying to be heros out there. Cj about to get killed lol

You think they’re grooming CJ to be a trading piece in the off season? He looked better than most QBs would’ve behind that offensive line..considering how much theyve already got invested in Jimmy and how this league is feast or famine with your starting QB, i wonder if lynch tries to move him down the road if he continues to develop this season

And can we bring back jim tomsula as a DLine coach? Hell, give him Saleh’s job

The DLine was superb with Tomsuka commanding it. I just don’t think York does it because the casual niner fan will only remember his HC stint.

At this point unless the return is great on Christmas he's a solid backup. Jimmy so far has been glass in his nfl career. Don't think cj goes anywhere

I think Lord of Thunder stays through his entire duration of his deal and he'll find an opportunity to start somewhere else.

I don't think CJ is goin anywhere. He's a serviceable backup, can start and lead if needed, he's "Kyle's guy" , he "knows" Kyle's system (which seems to be worth its weight in gold with this new FO), we also have him under contract until the start of 2021.

We have a potential buyout on Pierre Garcon in early 2019 (at the end of this season), if he doesn't start producing I advise we use it.

Celek stuck on contract through 2019 until 2020 but honestly it might be worth eating the 2.1 mil and just releasing him if we can't find a trade partner.

We also have a 2020 buyout option on Jimmy G.... but I'd really hate to see us have to use it.

CJ is not going anywhere anytime soon, especially with his continued improvement and Jimmy’s injuries. Kyle loves CJ. His faith in CJ only strengthens as long as CJ keeps playing like he did yesterday.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom