:::[Official] San Francisco 49ers 2024 Season Thread [2-2 vs Cardinals 10/07 1:05PST]:::

Should UnicornHunter’s faithful card be revoked for his blasphemous Patrick Willis comments?

• Yes permanently

Votes: 31 79.5%
  • Yes temporarily

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • No

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
senior bowl features 2 of my favorite wide receiver prospects: cooper kupp and taywan taylor

cooper kupp 6'2" 198

jumped out to me when i was watching vernon adams tape las tyear. prototypical possession receiver. good size to complement a tough player. wont run away from a DB, but is in the mix for every ball his way. natural hands catcher with country-strong vice grip hands. really good catch radius.

taywan taylor 5'11" 198

this guy right here could be the next antonio brown/stefon diggs. explosive and athletic. creates separation with ease. deadly with the ball in his hands. fits the classic steelers WR mold.

Last edited:
Steelers may very well end up getting him and let Antonio Brown leave. Martavis Bryant will be back next year, and they have shown the willingness to let players walk instead of signing them to large contracts. Mike Wallace, Santonio Holmes, Emannuel Sanders...

I think he'll go late 3rd-early 4th. He could shoot up boards with a great performance at the senior bowl/combine.

Last edited:

eyes on nathan peterman this weekend at the senior bowl. if i had to pick one guy to be this year's dak prescott, he would be the guy i'd select.
nerd.gif
 it has begun

Matt Miller  ‏@nfldraftscout   2h2 hours ago
More

If I had to pick a quarterback winner today, Pitt's Nathan Peterman would be it. Ball zips out. Jimmy Garoppolo lite.

watching his tape right now. this kid is a good player. he's grown tremendously since his time at tennessee. he doesn't really have any traits that stand out, but he's good at just about everything. the only QB at the top of the draft that routinely takes snaps from under center. pitt does a lot of boots off the play action. kyle is going to like that.

someone compared him to kirk cousins earlier today. i think that's a perfect comparison.

**fluid post**

nice throw into a small window. super quick and tightly wound delivery+release. throws with conviction.

rBit6XOZLpIs0.gif

put a checkmark next to the "anticipation" box. peterman reads the corner squatting on the underneath route perfectly. ball is out of his hand before the route combination develops. nice.

2hKKuBjGBdq6Y.gif

nice throw off the play action from under center. throw was on the money. WR needs to sell out.
5KJ8E2JPFajaE.gif

dropping pearls on the fades from the far hash--all while under a duress with a defender bearing down on him. really nice touch and ball placement.

maGaX2xNqtYtO.gif

GORT5K1Pf6AbC.gif

he completely outplayed deshaun watson in this game. 
sick.gif

HOLY ****. nfl.com has him ranked the #3 overall QB in the draft. 
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

A highly-recruited passer coming out of Florida, Peterman signed with Tennessee to get a chance to play SEC football. He had to feel snake-bit in Knoxville, however, since he didn't make it through his first start as a redshirt freshman or sophomore. Peterman played in four games in 2013, but broke his hand in his first start and never regained that spot (10-23, 45 yards, two INT). The next season, he was benched after two series in his only start and then was replaced by Joshua Dobbs -- who didn't let go of the reins. Peterman played in seven games that year (10-20, 49 yards). He earned his degree in only three years, however, so he transferred to Pitt to finish his career. Peterman started 11 games in 2015 (2,287 yards, 20 TD, seven INT) and held the job as a senior (2,855 yards, 27 TD, seven INT, 60.5 completion pct.)
[h4]STRENGTHS[/h4]
Smooth, quick set-up in pocket. Grips the ball with big, 10-inch hands. Poised in pocket and takes the hit to deliver a completion. Will set-up, slide and then re-set before making his throw. Can cut it loose from off-balance angles from bootleg or play-action if he sees a winning option break open early. Full field reader. Works all the way through his progressions. Shoots glances at safeties to keep them in check. Strong natural accuracy. Able to throw receivers open and lead them away from danger. Can pinpoint passes to moving targets in his intermediate work. Has enough arm to work field side, intermediate throws. Great vision. Sees passing windows before they develop. Throws with outstanding timing and anticipation. Can put the ball on receivers' hands as soon as they come out of a break if coverage dictates it. Utilizes accuracy and anticipation to challenge windows on all three levels. Won at Clemson hanging five touchdown passes on their talented stop unit. Good escapability and can extend drives with his legs. Excellent deep ball accuracy completing 46.2 percent of his deep throws.
[h4]WEAKNESSES[/h4]
Inconsistent delivery base causes some throws to sail. Has instances where he short strides and is forced to muscle it to his target. Will float some throws on seams and dig routes. Will have to be mindful to drive the ball on pro level to avoid the ballhawks who are lurking at safety. Has to prove he has enough arm to challenge the same tight windows he did in college. Ball handling a little sluggish in wide receiver screens, hitches and most RPOs (run, pass option). Wants to play hero-ball at times. Needs to learn when to air-mail throw and move to next play rather than trying to get too cute with sideline throws. Can improve overall touch.
[h4]SOURCES TELL US[/h4]
"I like him. He made me a believer when I watched him against Clemson. I do want to see him throw live and get a feel for how the ball comes out. I never saw him in person and you can't get a feel for that stuff on tape." - NFC Director of Personnel
[h4]NFL COMPARISON[/h4]
Derek Carr
[h4]BOTTOM LINE[/h4]Peterman's experience in a pro-style passing attack gives him a head start headed into the league. His physical attributes are just average, but his accuracy, composure and anticipation are what sets him apart from some of the more physically gifted quarterbacks in this year's draft. Peterman's tape is sure to catch the eye of at least a few teams in need of a quarterback and he should come off the board by day two with a chance to become a solid starting quarterback in the future.

Last edited:
watching his tape right now. this kid is a good player. he's grown tremendously since his time at tennessee. he doesn't really have any traits that stand out, but he's good at just about everything. the only QB at the top of the draft that routinely takes snaps from under center. pitt does a lot of boots off the play action. kyle is going to like that.

someone compared him to kirk cousins earlier today. i think that's a perfect comparison.

**fluid post**

nice throw into a small window. super quick and tightly wound delivery+release. throws with conviction.

rBit6XOZLpIs0.gif

put a checkmark next to the "anticipation" box. peterman reads the corner squatting on the underneath route perfectly. ball is out of his hand before the route combination develops. nice.

2hKKuBjGBdq6Y.gif

nice throw off the play action from under center. throw was on the money. WR needs to sell out.
5KJ8E2JPFajaE.gif

dropping pearls on the fades from the far hash--all while under a duress with a defender bearing down on him. really nice touch and ball placement.

maGaX2xNqtYtO.gif

GORT5K1Pf6AbC.gif

he completely outplayed deshaun watson in this game. :x  

HOLY ****. nfl.com has him ranked the #3 overall QB in the draft. 8o 8o 8o 8o 8o 8o 8o 8o 8o
I like it!!! Derek Carr comparisons.

Let's trade back. Draft a WR like mike Williams or Corey Davis and then draft this kid with our second pick. Have that cooper/Carr type connection :hat

I understand why Ballard wouldn't want to take the job here. The hardest part in building a successful team in finding the franchise QB. With the Colts he already has that in place. The likeliness of success is much higher with Indianapolis than with the niners.

fear and doubt is starting to subside. this is really going to happen. 
nerd.gif

Kyle Shanahan isn’t intimidated by everything that’s happened over the last three seasons with his likely new employer.

The Falcons offensive coordinator, of course, is expected to be named the San Francisco 49ers head coach after Super Bowl LI.

He appeared on The MMQB Podcast with Peter King  that was published on Wednesday and recorded after his team’s 44-21 win over the Packers in the NFC title game, which he coached with the stomach flu.

King asked Shanahan about the likelihood he would be given a longer leash after the 49ers fired both Jim Tomsula and Chip Kelly after one season. San Francisco has been mired in dysfunction and has gone 7-25 since “mutually” parting with Jim Harbaugh after 2014.

Does that intimidate him?
“Not really,” Shanahan said. “You got to look at every situation for what they have, what they’re saying . . . I got talk to them a couple weeks ago. I’ll be allowed to talk to them this week. We’ll see what their plans are. Don’t really know yet. But definitely, that’s something that’s enticing, you hope to have an opportunity because everything takes time. But you got to make sure you got that (time).”
The 49ers are going to meet on Saturday with Shanahan and general manager candidates George Paton and Terry McDonough, who are executives with the Vikings and Cardinals, respectively.

Shanahan has ties with San Francisco dating back to his adolescence. He was a ballboy during middle school while his dad, Mike Shanahan, was an offensive coordinator.

Mike coached the 49ers to a victory in Super Bowl XXIX in 1995 and helped Steve Young throw a record six touchdown passes. Kyle Shanahan has been an offensive coordinator for the last nine seasons with four different teams, including a four-year stint with his dad in Washington.

With all that experience at a relatively young age, 37, Shanahan believes he’s ready for a head coaching gig.
“I’ve believed it for a while. You always want the right opportunity. But, I think it starts, I’ve been battled  tested. I think I went through a lot of situations that a lot of coordinators in this league haven’t. I think I’ve had to handle some situations, or got some attention, mostly negative, that usually head coaches only have to deal with. So I think that’s helped me prepare from that standpoint.”

Last edited:
nate peterman stock is through the roof right now. a good performance on saturday, and he'll have secured himself a day 2 draft spot. remember, dak only slipped to the fourth because he had that DUI before the draft. he was slated to go day 2 before that.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom