:::[Official] San Francisco 49ers 2024 Season Thread [2-2 vs Cardinals 10/07 1:05PST]:::

Should UnicornHunter’s faithful card be revoked for his blasphemous Patrick Willis comments?

• Yes permanently

Votes: 31 79.5%
  • Yes temporarily

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • No

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
is that mahomes or derek carr at fresno state? 
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

C0v0Ninwhspb2.gif

carr was more advanced with his footwork, mechanics and what not, but the size, stature, arm talent, release, athleticism, gunslinger mentality, etc. are very comparable. 

Last edited:
eyes on nathan peterman this weekend at the senior bowl. if i had to pick one guy to be this year's dak prescott, he would be the guy i'd select.

^^ Thats why I dont want to WASTE any draft picks on a trade for Cousins. We need to find our Carr, our guy that's gonna be here the next 10-15 years. Not a guy that's gonna fill the role for a year or two and waste picks on him.

Cousins would be a solution for win now but we're in full rebuild mode. It'd be a waste to try and get cousins now and waste away whatever we trade for him and waste away his talents while we're still rebuilding. I'd rather keep our picks. Rebuild now. And win a lot later when we got a complete squad

^^ Thats why I dont want to WASTE any draft picks on a trade for Cousins. We need to find our Carr, our guy that's gonna be here the next 10-15 years. Not a guy that's gonna fill the role for a year or two and waste picks on him.
Really think your under valueing a pro bowl Caliber QB and competent coaching staff. So much parity in professional Football no way would I say we're gonna be in or around this same drafting spot next year.

Tony Romo may be a one of two year rental but Kirk is 27 years old with two 4,900 yard passing years.

Last edited:
Realistically why would Cousins even want to come here.  Wouldn't he need to sign off on a trade from the ********?  I mean, they have way more talent than the 49ers so I dont see why he would want to waste prime years of his career rebuilding.

Shanahan. I would want the niners to sign kirk cousins as a free agen not trade for him and then extend him.

Shanahan. I would want the niners to sign kirk cousins as a free agen not trade for him and then extend him.
Shanahan will make the offense better for sure, but they may have the worst receiving core in the NFL, an OK line, and an injury prone RB.  I don't see what is attractive at all about this situation.

Really think your under valueing a pro bowl Caliber QB and competent coaching staff. So much parity in professional Football no way would I say we're gonna be in or around this same drafting spot next year.

Tony Romo may be a one of two year rental but Kirk is 27 years old with two 4,900 yard passing years.

Sorry to nitpick but Cousins will actually be going on 29 by start of next season.

I wouldn't mind trading for him but the #2 overall pick annnnnnd then other additional parts? Too rich for my blood IMO

there's a small chance the skins and cousins can't come to a long-term agreement, they decide not to franchise tag him for the 2nd year in a row, and he walks away as an unrestricted free agent. we can then sign him without giving up anything.

Realistically why would Cousins even want to come here.  Wouldn't he need to sign off on a trade from the ********?  I mean, they have way more talent than the 49ers so I dont see why he would want to waste prime years of his career rebuilding.
True. But, he liked working with Shanahan and he'd get paid the hefty contract that he's been wanting from Washington.

Like some of you said, I wouldn't mind signing him as a FA. Not so sure it's worth giving up two 1st rounds picks.

Sorry to nitpick but Cousins will actually be going on 29 by start of next season.

I wouldn't mind trading for him but the #2 overall pick annnnnnd then other additional parts? Too rich for my blood IMO
Hell no to 2nd overall man that would be crazy.

But just like Red81 alluded to if the he becomes unrestricted then why not offer him a top 5 QB deal now with the way the cap continues to rise.

2 OL guys that I am a huge fan of at the senior bowl: forrest lamp and jon toth

toth will be in my final mock. you can take it to the bank! when kentucky played bama, he gave jonathan allen all he could handle.

if forrest lamp slides in the draft because of his "length", we have to take him, too. dude is going to be zach martin 2.0

Last edited:

I just don't think he's that good to use a 2nd round pick on. He gives me Alex Smith vibes as far as good enough to win a little bit and get into the playoffs but wont be able to get over the hump. Besides there are no weapons to throw to on offense so I imagine a high pick going towards a receiver.

FYI senior bowl practice on NFL network

Forrest lamp is such a good player

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom