:::[Official] San Francisco 49ers 2024 Season Thread [2-2 vs Cardinals 10/07 1:05PST]:::

Should UnicornHunter’s faithful card be revoked for his blasphemous Patrick Willis comments?

• Yes permanently

Votes: 31 79.5%
  • Yes temporarily

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • No

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Do people think we really have a better option than Rivers available?
I am actually a big fan of his, but by the time we are good, he will be retired.  Dont see the point in bringing in an expensive veteran QB, albeit a good veteran QB.  

Weird.

Im actually a Rivers fan, would be good to groom a rookie (Mahomes)?

Now that GM/Coaching input he wants is odd, but i trust him more than Jed
laugh.gif
man, mahomes off the boot action would be nasty. 
devil.gif
 unlike the conventional WCO, kyle loves to go vertical with his attack. 

Last edited:

Do people think we really have a better option than Rivers available?
I am actually a big fan of his, but by the time we are good, he will be retired.  Dont see the point in bringing in an expensive veteran QB, albeit a good veteran QB.  
You're right, by the time we are good he will be retired. But here's my thinking, you bring in Rivers to mentor whoever we draft at QB, at least we have someone who is decent enough for the rookie to look up to in Rivers. By the time we are good, that young QB (whether its Mahomes, Kaaya, Kizer, Trubisky, Watson) will be ready to go.

You're right, by the time we are good he will be retired. But here's my thinking, you bring in Rivers to mentor whoever we draft at QB, at least we have someone who is decent enough for the rookie to look up to in Rivers. By the time we are good, that young QB (whether its Mahomes, Kaaya, Kizer, Trubisky, Watson) will be ready to go.
Exactly.  Get rivers, pick a guy in the late first or second to groom, then by the time Rivers is ready to die we have his replacement.  He obviously wont make up for the lack of talent on the team, but he can make people better.

As much as I can't stand Green Bay, I'm ready for the Packers to beat ATL on Sunday so we can go ahead and nab Shanahan and put an end to any concerns about Cable.

Then again, if the Niners really like Fitterer or Kirchner....well you know what that means

Last edited:
yes sir. either way, we should have some clarity next week. niners will be able to meet with kyle for their second interview during the bye if the falcons win. 

Last edited:
What are the chances Shanahan would want to take the HC job in SF? I know he interviewed, but do you think McDaniels' decision to remove himself from consideration, may cause Shanahan to reconsider too?

I love Rivers. Being a LA Niners fan they showed a lot Chargers games down here in the mid 2000's when the Niners were down. Rivers in Shanahan's offense seems like it could be :eek

What are the chances Shanahan would want to take the HC job in SF? I know he interviewed, but do you think McDaniels' decision to remove himself from consideration, may cause Shanahan to reconsider too?
From what I read, one of the factors that weighed heavily on McDaniels' decision to no longer pursue was having to move his entire family from one coast to the other forcing his kids to have to go to new schools, lifestyle adjustments, etc.

Hopefully, Shanahan won't have such concerns.

Let's not forget, ever since the Niners beat the Falcons in the NFC Championship Game in '11 Matt Ryan was largely inconsistent (although his numbers were good because of Julio). Ryan was constantly throwing bad passes and interceptions at key moments of games. Shanahan came in and revived Ryan's career because of the mentorship he's provided to Ryan. Now Ryan is being considered an elite QB. 

I think Shanny can do the same for Rivers and turn him back into one of the top 5 QBs, BUT the Niners would have to give Rivers some weapons (e.g, Corey Davis, Mike Williams, Alshon Jeffery, etc) to go along with Torrey Smith and Hyde.

Wouldn't mind Rivers, at all.

Also saw that the Chargers will be playing at StubHub Center...That's going to be some pretty intimate games.

Let's not forget, ever since the Niners beat the Falcons in the NFC Championship Game in '11 Matt Ryan was largely inconsistent (although his numbers were good because of Julio). Ryan was constantly throwing bad passes and interceptions at key moments of games. Shanahan came in and revived Ryan's career because of the mentorship he's provided to Ryan. Now Ryan is being considered an elite QB. 

I think Shanny can do the same for Rivers and turn him back into one of the top 5 QBs, BUT the Niners would have to give Rivers some weapons (e.g, Corey Davis, Mike Williams, Alshon Jeffery, etc) to go along with Torrey Smith and Hyde.
Of course, they would have to spend some money to get some playmaking WRs. That would be great to see.

Wouldn't mind Rivers, at all.

Also saw that the Chargers will be playing at StubHub Center...That's going to be some pretty intimate games.
Not only that...once the Rams' new stadium is built the Chargers will play second fiddle to the Rams. It's like the Clippers at Staples Center. Everyone knows the Lakers and Kings run the show on Figueroa.

In fact, the Chargers were offered FREE RENT at Qualcomm for I believe two years and Spanos turned it down to move to LA because of greed. Now they're tenants once again. SMH.

Last edited:
^Word. I saw the article that the owner could have used $300 mill of the $640 mill in relocation fees, to fund a new stadium.
mean.gif

Chargers should have stayed in SD and found a way to fund the stadium without taxpayers.

Rams/Chargers and the LAFC stadium too? Yikes.

And it's not like the Chargers were losing money either. They were still making profits in spite of the stadium situation. Spanos is already wealthy. Their move to L.A. had g.r.e.e.d. written all over it.

I don't blame fans in San Diego for burning Charger gear.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom