:::[Official] San Francisco 49ers 2024 Season Thread [2-2 vs Cardinals 10/07 1:05PST]:::

Should UnicornHunter’s faithful card be revoked for his blasphemous Patrick Willis comments?

• Yes permanently

Votes: 31 79.5%
  • Yes temporarily

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • No

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
At least we still have a shot at McDaniels and Shanahan. Hopefully it actually is one of those two though :lol

Niners have to bring back the excitement. They have to bring players and a system that can make the offense/defense fun to watch again, just like it was during the Montana-Rice-Craig-Haley-Lott-Young-Jones-Watters-McDonald-Norton days.

I can't stand the Pats but I love to watch them play football because the players are well coached and they have a solid system in place, both offensively and defensively year after year. 

I can't stand the Spurs but every time I watch them, they play solid team basketball.

York has to set that standard of excellence that makes an organization elite. That's of course if he really truly believes in winning.

Here's hoping it starts now with our new HC and GM.

Last edited:
let me just throw it out there that jed is and will always be a ****boy.

wanted to show the fans that they were serious about change by interviewing endless and pointless candidates.

still no direction, jed prolly rimming paraag at this very moment ol **** buddy.

im sick of these dudes, what are they even doing ? do they even know ... ?

damn, this kid really landed wade philips as his DC? off to a great start. 
eek.gif

Last edited:
sean mcvay at 30 years old can hire a better DC than chip kelly

let that sink in.

Last edited:
i want to know who the **** in that front office identified david bakhtiari and tj lang? they essentially found their versions of joe staley and mike iupati in the 4th round.

was it you, brian gutekunst? 
nerd.gif

Promoted to director of player personnel on March 21, 2016, Brian Gutekunst enters his 18th season with the Green Bay Packers’ player personnel department. He spent his first 13 seasons with the club as a college scout, serving as an East Coast regional scout for his first two years (1999-2000), before switching to the Southeast region (2001-2011) and most recently serving as director of college scouting (2012-2015).

Possessor of prior professional scouting and college coaching experience upon joining Green Bay on a full-time basis late in 1998, Gutekunst gained his first NFL experience in the summer of 1995, when he assisted the coaching staff of the New Orleans Saints with the offensive line during training camp. Gutekunst’s initial exposure to the Packers came in the summer of 1997, when he worked as an intern in the team’s scouting department.

His first full-time appointment in professional scouting was in 1998 as a scouting assistant for the Kansas City Chiefs. After one year with the Chiefs, Gutekunst returned to the Packers when he was named as a college scout on Dec. 30, 1998, for the East Coast by then-Executive Vice President/General Manager Ron Wolf.

Gutekunst earlier had played two years of college football for the University of Wisconsin-La Crosse. He then became an assistant coach for the team during his final two years at the school (1995-96) after a shoulder injury cut short his playing career. Serving as a linebackers coach during the 1995 season, he helped the school to the Division III national championship as the Eagles finished with an unblemished record of 14-0. Gutekunst majored in sports management.

He and his wife, Jen, reside in Green Bay with their daughters, Marley, 11, Joie, 10, and Kacey, 5, and son, Michael, 7.

Last edited:

Would love to snag 5 from that list.

1. Eric Berry
2. Alshon Jeffery
3. JPP
4. Dont'a Hightower
5. TJ Lang

:evil :evil :evil :evil :evil

Would love to snag 5 from that list.

1. Eric Berry
2. Alshon Jeffery
3. JPP
4. Dont'a Hightower
5. TJ Lang

Nvm new list.
1. Eric Berry
2. Dontari Poe
3. Melvin Ingram
4. Dont'a Hightower
5. Alshon Jeffery
That defense would be soooooooo :hat

Last edited:
I'd like to see the Niners take Myles Garrett or Jonathan Allen at #2. 

Or if possible, trade our #2 to Tennessee for their #5 and #16 so we can grab the best LB in the draft - Reuben Foster - and still have plenty of solid options at 16 - Corey Davis, Teez Tabor, Tim Williams, Zach Cunningham, Jabrill Peppers, John Ross, Jarrad Davis, Cam Robinson. They'd still be able to pick a QB in Round 2 or 3, where Brad Kaaya or Patrick Mahomes will likely still be available.

Jed or whoever is our GM better not choose a QB in the first round if we keep our 2nd pick, but I have this haunting feeling we'll end up picking Trubisky or Watson.

Last edited:
one thing to keep in mind is that GB is known for being extremely frugal in free agency. i believe they've signed 3 guys in free agency in the last 5 years. 

it doesn't mean wolf or gutekunst would be frugal here as well because mckenzie has broken that trend in oakland, but it is something to think about.

Last edited:
dont worry, guys. cowboys aint beating the patriots in the superbowl. a rookie QB against the hoodie? 
grin.gif

if one of the GB guys is our target, at least we can get him in the building to put his team together. east-west shrine game and senior bowl are a week away.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom