:::[Official] San Francisco 49ers 2024 Season Thread [2-2 vs Cardinals 10/07 1:05PST]:::

Should UnicornHunter’s faithful card be revoked for his blasphemous Patrick Willis comments?

• Yes permanently

Votes: 31 79.5%
  • Yes temporarily

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • No

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
yup, that's why he's my kenneth dixon(who enjoyed an excellent rookie season in baltimore) of 2017. he plays for louisiana lafayette, so aint many people watching their games. :lol:  

better for us. he's going to be a 4th round steal. :evil:

On the topic of RB's, def would not be a bad idea at all to draft a young stud if the opportunity is there.

Realized recently Hyde's gonna be 27 by time next season starts :wow: (did not realize either he was basically 24 his rookie year when lot of 24 year olds are 2-3 seasons deep into their NFL careers at that point)

Not trying to say he's an old geezer now (since I'm 27 myself :lol: ) but seems like yesterday we had a nice long term building block w/ Los and you figure being on conservative/pessimistic that we're at least 2-3 years away from being contenders again, Los will be going into his 30's by then.

W/ the way he goes all out on each carry trying to kill people and how he's had an "injury history" starting to mount, seems pretty hopeful to expect Los to last that much longer in the "long run" for us.

EDIT: I was off by a year. He'll be 26 next season but still have the same sentiments.

Last edited:
yup, we definitely need to grab a RB.

this dude sean mcvay really is a young jon gruden. shame he's only 30. i feel like that's waaaaaaaaaay too young to lead an NFL locker room. 

Last edited:
lol
 [h1]49ers GM candidate Riddick has strong views on NFL coaching[/h1]
ESPN analyst and 49ers general-manager candidate Louis Riddick has opinions.

And he voices them.

Take, for example, what he’s said about coaching in the NFL.

“A lot of times some of these guys are getting coached by guys who don’t belong coaching Pop Warner football, let alone coaching NFL football,” Riddick said in April on the Sports Illustrated Media podcast.  “Some coaching in the NFL is a flat-out joke. And some of it is deserving of what we all think it is in terms of the accolades we give them.”

Riddick said more, much more, on the topic.

And it’s quite relevant now that he’s a candidate for the 49ers’ GM opening, as ESPN reported Tuesday.

That is, any GM the 49ers hire will obviously seek a head coach who can assemble a first-rate staff. Duh, right? But will anyone feel as passionately about it as Riddick, whose strong views about the vast disparity in competence among NFL coaching staffs was initially informed by his six-year career as a defensive back.

In 1992, Riddick played for the Falcons. Head coach: Jerry Glanville. Defensive coordinator: Doug Shivley.

In 1993, he played for the Browns: Head coach: Bill Belichick. Defensive coordinator: Nick Saban.

See the difference? Riddick did.

“That was like going from kindergarten to getting PhD-level coaching,” Riddick said in April. “…. And it still exists that way in the NFL.”

Riddick has been a vocal fan of Patriots offensive coordinator Josh McDaniels, who will interview with the 49ers on Saturday. McDaniels began his coaching career under Saban as a Michigan State graduate assistant in 1999. He’s since spent 13 of his 16 seasons in the NFL with Belichick, including the past five as his offensive coordinator.

On Dec. 12, during New England’s win over Baltimore, Riddick said, via Twitter: “Josh McDaniels gets it. Guy knows how to scheme around own weakness and attack vulnerabilities in opponent as well as anyone.”

Would the 49ers be interested in a Riddick-McDaniels pairing? Some dots certainly connect, although Jed York would need to be willing to bring in at least one forceful personality. Riddick, whose contract wasn’t renewed by the Eagles in 2013, said on the SI podcast he believes his candor is a big reason he’s been out of the league.

“I know there are plenty of people, there are plenty of teams, that wouldn’t hire me based on some of the things that I’ve said, or how strong my personality is,” Riddick said. “It’s one of the main reasons that I’m not in the NFL right now: Because I have a strong personality. I believe in what I believe in football. I’m very confident in what I believe … That’s the way of the world. You can’t please everybody and I don’t really care about pleasing everybody.”

In April, Riddick was speaking just before the draft. And his very interesting thoughts on NFL coaching were prompted by the subject of “draft busts.” He said many capable prospects fail in the NFL because of poor coaching.

Below is Riddick’s full response on the topic. It ends with comments on QBs Carson Wentz and Jared Goff, the latter of whom had a forgettable rookie season with a head coach, Jeff Fisher, who was fired in December:

“People in the NFL always think they have all the answers. It’s never them. It’s never their fault. They never did anything wrong. ‘Hell, if I’m coaching in the NFL, I must be one of the best in the world.’ Newsflash: They’re not. Not every team is built equally. Not every team has the most competent people. I can tell you this: In 1992, I played for the Atlanta Falcons. When I went from the Falcons to the Cleveland Browns in 1993, I realized just how different it is in the NFL from one coaching staff and one program from another. Because that was like going from kindergarten to getting PhD-level coaching. That’s what it was like. That’s how different it was. And it still exists that way in the NFL.

“So depending upon where certain guys go, they have no shot versus they have every shot in the world to reach their full potential. So when you see players bust, versus players who have success, a lot of times don’t just blame it on the player. Trust me. A lot of times some of these guys are getting coached by guys who don’t belong coaching Pop Warner football, let alone coaching NFL football. Some coaching in the NFL is a flat-out joke. And some of it is deserving of what we all think it is in terms of the accolades we give them.

“You get coached in New England, I promise you, you’re getting PhD-level coaching. You get coached in some of these other places? I couldn’t tell you what kind of coaching you’re getting. If Tom Brady doesn’t go to New England? If Ben Roethlisberger didn’t get drafted by the Pittsburgh Steelers and he gets drafted by some of the old coaching staffs with the Cincinnati Bengals? Ben Roethlisberger may not be in the league any more. Tom Brady may not be in the league any more …

“Carson Wentz? Jared Goff? I can tell you this: If they don’t make it, people will say ‘Well, Carson Wentz went to North Dakota State. You guys had him up there way too high. Jared Goff came from Cal, played in a spread offense, way overhyped.’ If those two kids don’t make it we better go with a fine-tooth comb through the organizations they went to, respectively, and start dissecting them. Because organizations ruin players, and ruin quarterbacks in particular, as much as players ruin themselves. I can promise you that.”

jason cole* says josh mcdaniels is jed's top candidate for the job. 
nerd.gif

i just thought of something....

we could offer arik armstead and an extra mid-round pick to NE for jimmy G. that way we could then grab jonathan allen at 2, and that would us scheme flexibility instead of being pigeonholed into a two gap scheme(3-4). it would be a tough sell since he's coming off a injury. 
nerd.gif

Last edited:
larry kruger suggests a combo of eliot wolf(34) as GM and sean mcvay(30) as HC. lol

watching a little patrick mahomes

check out this throw. this is elite arm talent. what a ******* cannon of an arm. 
sick.gif
 50-yards on a rope with a flick of the wrist. SPECIAL 

5EC3cjnyCPsME.gif

throwing base and footwork from the pocket is terrible. he needs work. a lot. but he's got special tools.

Last edited:
i've got a crazy comparison that will shake this thread up for patrick mahome's tools and traits. 
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

I see it. i swear i do.

Last edited:
Kap can make those throws in his sleep. I just want a QB that sits in the pocket and kills the defense from there

kap cant do this lol

mahomes no look passes in practice. come on, guys. i know you see it...
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

look at the arm slot. look at the release. look at the zip on the ball with only a flick of the wrist

5QQ4Prqaq2wSs.gif

66UkpY5K4qOSQ.gif

Last edited:
from the gun

play action - > first read go -> 2nd read slant -> deliver a laser. boom. TD

dienIh7czxI5O.gif

Last edited:
scouts are going to lose their **** evaluating mahomes. the kid has special traits.

Last edited:
he plays with a "relaxedness"(is this a word?) and savviness that i haven't seen from a college QB in awhile. it's almost nonchalant out there.

if i told you guys who i see, you guys would be like

giphy.gif

he needs to end up in the right situation and SIT and learn. cannot play for a season or two.  

Last edited:
this is really good stuff. it looks so simple until we are reminded of kaepernick becoming a deer in the headlights with a defender bearing down him and completely missing a wide open receiver.

Mahomes7-3.gif

going to the hot receiver instantly

Mahomes5.gif

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom