:::[Official] San Francisco 49ers 2024 Season Thread [1-1 @Rams 9/22 1:25PST]:::

Should UnicornHunter’s faithful card be revoked for his blasphemous Patrick Willis comments?

• Yes permanently

Votes: 31 79.5%
  • Yes temporarily

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • No

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Guerendo needs patience with his runs. Which I'm sure will come with time. Honestly surprised they haven't signeda veteran to back up Mason. Brieda is really washed at this point?

Those Hargrave clips don't look good at all. He's becoming this team's new Kinlaw.

“Absurd?” Coaches around the league bleed the clock on last drives in regulation to set up for a field goal attempt with zeros on the clock.

No ones saying Shanahan should’ve abandoned the pass in favor of the run. Niners received the ball, converted 2nd and 6 to their own 43 yard line with 1:42 left on the clock. At this point, niners had enough time to “attack” by running a balanced offense, especially since Mason was ripping off 5-10 yard runs against their line in the second half. They only needed 25 more yards to get into Moody’s range. Rams had one time out left and were playing the pass all the way. Run the ball from the 43, bleed the clock to one minute before you run your next play and make them use their last timeout after your first or second down play. How many times do we hear coaches and commentators say “you’re playing your opponent and the clock?” Sure, Bell dropped the ball and he shoulders a lot of the blame, but coming out with 3 straight pass plays in that situation was dumb.

call it hindsight if you want, but how many more times do we have to watch shanahan have play calling melt downs late in games like this? He’s a great schemer and play designer but he doesn’t seem to learn from his mistakes, especially when it comes to being too married to passing.

Nothing you just said rebuts the idea that if our players executed, we win the game. I dont understand how we can say "how many more times do we have to watch shanahan have play calling melt downs late in games like this?" when he schemed open a game winning play that was dropped. Kyle gets far too much blame for his players not making plays. If Bell catches the ball, we bleed the clock and win the game. Its really that simple.

BTW, we ran our 1st and 10 play from the 43 yard line with 1:12 left on the clock. I am still calling it hindsight.

I doubt heads roll yet but no reason Yiadom and Bell should see the field next week. Campbell shouldn't stay in on obvious passing downs since he can't cover. I would assume there should be a big emphasis on hustle/taking plays off this week with the defense. Then something has to change with the special teams unit because as a whole that was a terrible performance.

Other than that there's a few things I feel should be addressed but won't like the oline so no point in thinking it will.

Realistically if we want to turn the ship around and still compete for the division we need to win 4 of the next 5 while winning both division games before our bye week. Any less and I feel like we're going for a wild card spot since I can see the Seahawks winning 10-11 games based on their schedule.

Brock Purdy was excellent yesterday apart from one play:

No idea what he was doing here. This is Jimmy G ****, and he needs to let this rip.

Back
Top Bottom