:::[Official] San Francisco 49ers 2024 Season Thread [1-1 @Rams 9/22 1:25PST]:::

Should UnicornHunter’s faithful card be revoked for his blasphemous Patrick Willis comments?

• Yes permanently

Votes: 31 79.5%
  • Yes temporarily

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • No

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Over the past couple seasons, every one of our backup linebackers has done an amazing job when it is one of said linebackers and three starters.  Granted, their deficiencies are masked by playing next to 2 or 3 all pros....its just when you get ALL of the backups in at the same time when it looks beyond ugly.

agreed. the next man up mantra can only work for so many positions at the same time

49ers need to just watch the film for one day throw it away enjoy the bye week get healthy and get ready for the Rams.

Next few weeks before the Thanksgiving game look like
Rams
Saints
Giants
Skins

All winnable games

Last edited:

Over the past couple seasons, every one of our backup linebackers has done an amazing job when it is one of said linebackers and three starters.  Granted, their deficiencies are masked by playing next to 2 or 3 all pros....its just when you get ALL of the backups in at the same time when it looks beyond ugly.
bingo.

following up on my post earlier, 49ers.com just posted this:

http://www.49ers.com/news/blog/arti...pr=43403778&campaign=social_20141020_34096787

[h2]Imagining an Aaron Lynch, Aldon Smith Pass-rush Tandem[/h2]
Posted 1 hour ago

tyler-headshot.jpg
Tyler EmerickDigital Media49ers.com@TylerEmerick

[h3]  [/h3]
In this Monday edition of Niners Daily, we highlight a bright spot from the San Francisco 49ers tough loss in Denver, relay an encouraging report about a sidelined player and serve up some laughs from a late-night host.

Lynch Continues Ascension

Aaron Lynch  began his rookie campaign by playing sparingly in the team's Week 1 road victory over the Dallas Cowboys.

A week later, Lynch delivered his first impact play, blocking a Chicago Bears punt and giving the 49ers a short field for an eventual touchdown.

Since then, Lynch's playing time has increased rapidly. In San Francisco's Week 4 win over the Philadelphia Eagles, Lynch solidified his job as the team's nickel pass-rusher over Corey Lemonier  by playing all 25 snapsout of the formation. 

On Sunday night against the Broncos, Lynch further expanded his role in the 49ers defense. He also tallied his first career sack, bringing down Peyton Manning, whom he later congratulated after the quarterback's record-breaking touchdown pass.

Nathan Jahnke  @PFF_NateJahnke
Follow

Aaron Lynch ended up playing 44 of 60 snaps. That's 73%, which is a 10% increase from his previous high last week.

8:39 PM - 19 Oct 2014
Aldon Report

Some potential exciting news to pass along: The 49ers could see Lynch tag-teamed with another explosive pass-rusher sooner than expected.

Mike Florio of Pro Football Talk reported on Sunday that linebacker Aldon Smith's nine-game suspension might be reduced by one or two games. The Pro Bowler has already served seven games of his ban.

The 49ers enjoy a bye this week before returning to the field on Nov. 2 against the St. Louis Rams. 

From 2011 to '13, Smith recorded 42 sacks, second in the NFL only to Jared Allen's 45.5. Lynch only has the one sack to his name, but the rookie has applied consistent pressure on opposing quarterbacks in Smith's absence.

The 49ers saw firsthand the kind of havoc a pair of dynamic pass-rushers can wreak on an offense. Broncos linebacker Von Miller and defensive end DeMarcus Ware combined for five sacks of Colin Kaepernick  on Sunday.

"We always talk about about getting pressure on the quarterback," Ware said after the game. "That’s what we do best... Me and Von always look at each other and say, ‘Hey, it’s time to get at the quarterback. Let’s get pressure and do what we do best,’ and we were pretty effective tonight."

A 3rd-and-long scenario with Smith and Lynch barrelling down on an opposing quarterback sounds pretty good to us.

ProFootballTalk         [emoji]10004[/emoji]  @ProFootballTalk
Follow

With two games left on his suspension, Aldon Smith could be back a little early http://wp.me/p14QSB-9BCX
#lynchmobb+aldon tag team 
pimp.gif

btw i wish this team would stop wasting it's talent. bruce bruce keeps showing he can play, but g-ro's fat *** has relegated him to end around and fly sweeps only. 

Last edited:
btw i wish this team would stop wasting it's talent. bruce bruce keeps showing he can play, but g-ro's fat *** has relegated him to end around and fly sweeps only. 

word...instead of trying to run quick screen plays to slow *** dudes like crabs, USE BRUCE...dude made blaine gabbert look worthy of being a 2nd string QB, when we all know gabbs belongs nowhere near the vicinity of a football.

by the way, any update on tremaine? dude couldn't have been 100% getting lit up like that. peyton was a shark tasting blood in water by his second snap.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/1...co-49ers-see-suspension-reduced-good-behavior

Aldon Smith suspension could be cut
By Chris Mortensen
ESPN

The San Francisco 49ers could get help sooner than expected following this week's bye because outside linebacker Aldon Smith's nine-game suspension could be reduced for good behavior, league sources confirmed Monday.

Smith was suspended before the season by the NFL under terms of the league's personal conduct and substance abuse policies. His nine-game suspension is set to end Nov. 10 after the 49ers play the Saints.

However, sources confirmed an NBC Sports report that Smith's suspension could be reduced by one or two games, which makes it possible he could be available to play in a Week 9 game against the Rams or the Week 10 game against the Saints. He must maintain his good behavior for commissioner Roger Goodell to reduce the penalty.

Under terms of his suspension, the league has allowed Smith to be in the team's facility for meetings and conditioning, although he has not been allowed to practice with the team.

A reduction to Smith's suspension would not set a precedent, as other players, including Ben Roethlisberger and Brandon Marshall, have had similar suspensions reduced.

I'll believe it when I see it actually happen...

If indeed this is true... Will Lynch start cutting into Brooks' snaps?

Only in nickel for now, but if Lynch continues to improve, he will eventually surpass Brooks entirely. Dude is making a lot of money very soon and having a promising, cheap, and young OLB might make him expendable in the very near future. Aldon is also due for a new contract and we can't keep everyone.

Last edited:
Lynch will be a very good player 

Dude was an all american in highschool and was a freshmen all american at notre dame 

he just needs some grooming he will come around.

Did I see Lynch congratulate Manning when he beat the record? I saw him say something to him, then I think he tapped his helmet.

Classy move by Lynch.

Sounds like Aldon being available for the Rams game is becoming more and more of a reality. 
happy.gif
happy.gif

Sounds like Aldon being available for the Rams game is becoming more and more of a reality. :D :D

goddell probably realizing that if he wants to make the saints game interesting and keep viewers, he better reinstate aldon early

Back
Top Bottom